+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Idol?

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    It must be said - Lydia has managed to maintain the best hairstyle of any Survivor! It always looks like she just finished blow-drying and styling her hair and even if you don't like the style, as someone who has naturally curly/frizzy/out of control hair, I'm impressed that Lydia's hair looks like it did in the beginning...
    That's so true! Her hair may outlast her. Do you think she got a perm before the show? That is a good idea, getting a perm, especially if your hair is short.

The person who won the idol wouldn't need to compete in any IC's for a while if it could be used over and over again. The treemail introducing it would have said they'd be exempt from competitions as well. That's why I thought it was a one time deal.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    It's the way JP worded it that so many people went different ways with the explanation.
    Actually, I believe it was the emphasis on it and the constant comments about the idol being a sure-fire way to make the final 4 that created confusion. Treemail and Probst explained it fine, but the confessionals we got that said things like, "The idol could guarentee my spot in the final 4," and, "The idol means everything at this point," that implied that it had some extra significance.

Anyway, it's done now. Guess it's time to go back to regular old immunity challenge wins to guarentee safety for three more days.

FORT Regular
    i missed the last episode, but my friend taped it for me, so I'll come back if i figure aything out afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by justdecent
    i missed the last episode, but my friend taped it for me, so I'll come back if i figure aything out afterwards.
    About what? I don't believe there's really anything to clear up about the idol.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    That's so true! Her hair may outlast her. Do you think she got a perm before the show? That is a good idea, getting a perm, especially if your hair is short.

The person who won the idol wouldn't need to compete in any IC's for a while if it could be used over and over again. The treemail introducing it would have said they'd be exempt from competitions as well. That's why I thought it was a one time deal.
    And while it'd be a little boring if someone found it and was guaranteed a final 4 spot just based on being the lucky one who found it, I also wish there was more to the idol than just being able to use it as a bye once. It sounded a lot more interesting when Probst explained about it, but now that Gary (ugh) found it and it's been used, it seemed kind of pointless. Reminds me of that rock Jeff made such a big deal about in Vanuatu, that we never heard about after the first episode

Yeah the rock that drove everyone nuts trying to figure out it's point in the show..............nothing.

I wish they would hide the idol each week. That would shake up the ranks.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Reminds me of that rock Jeff made such a big deal about in Vanuatu, that we never heard about after the first episode
    rock?! Did karalott say...rock?! That rock.

It would be nice if they gave us a another immunity twist, something else to disrupt the balance of power (who's the "power", I have no idea).
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

That's what is so great this season. There is right now more than one person who could end up being the boss hog.

At least we don't seem to have to watch one tribe be taken out one by one........hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    That's what is so great this season. There is right now more than one person who could end up being the boss hog.
    Exactly. Any season where a guy like Rafe can pull off the wins he is pulling off is "ok" challenge-wise. It's a nice change of pace from Koror/Tom's challenge domination last season.

Yeah I like the balance to be sooo even that anyone at any given time could win each week.

Of course, we have to disassociate Lydia in this statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast