+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by cable101

But really, who wanted Lydia to find the idol anyway? It would simply become invisible and uninteresting, just like her.
    Cable I so agree with you here. Since I saw Lydia do a little song and dance to liven up her tribe weeks and weeks ago, I have seen almost nothing of her. How many confessionals has she had? (I have to check the confessional count thread) It's like while all the power players are sitting up on the ruins talking strategy and grunting (Judd and Jamie) Lydia, Rafe and even Cindy, who I haven't seen much of lately, are hanging out with crew or something. I liked Lydia at first but she has almost completely disappeared, faded into the background and is now blending in as part of the jungle. "Lydia is still here? No wonder we keep forgeting to vote her out, I forgot she was still "playing"."

Well said Tickerrose

I guess we have exactly the same ideas. I THOUGHT Lydia was going to be one of my favorites...but like you...she's disappeared and "out of sight...out of mind."

And, frankly, after all this time...I now only think of her as a coat-tailer. And I don't think she can repair her image with me.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

I don't think we can just assume Lydia isn't playing for herself and is as invisible around camp as she is on our tv screens. We're not seeing Lydia because the editors aren't showing us Lydia.

That MIGHT mean she's not doing anything worth watching, but absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    It must be said - Lydia has managed to maintain the best hairstyle of any Survivor! It always looks like she just finished blow-drying and styling her hair and even if you don't like the style, as someone who has naturally curly/frizzy/out of control hair, I'm impressed that Lydia's hair looks like it did in the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I don't think we can just assume Lydia isn't playing for herself and is as invisible around camp as she is on our tv screens. We're not seeing Lydia because the editors aren't showing us Lydia.
    Why, of course. But that's a given. Lydia may be a fascinating individual, but the character we're being presented with certainly isn't. Until I see proof that she's doing something to secure her position or move up the totem pole, I'm going to have to assume that Lydia is as boring and unstrategic as many other invisible characters that have been on the show.

Did anyone tape the episode where Jeff explained about how the Idol could be used? Some friends at work swear they heard that the Idol could keep the person who found it safe until the final 4???

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by lvblondi13
    Did anyone tape the episode where Jeff explained about how the Idol could be used? Some friends at work swear they heard that the Idol could keep the person who found it safe until the final 4???
    I don't have it taped but he said that it could be used at any (1) tribal council up until F4 and then it was no good. They'd have to use it between the point in time of finding it and F5 tribal council. After that, it was gone from the game and could no longer save you. The point was that you didn't have to use it at a set TC, it could be any one of 5 TC (or however many) left in the game to choose from to use it, then and only then

Glad that was cleared up because my hubby thought the same thing. Now I can happily tell him...............he was wrong again. Oh happy day!!!!
    The stars at night...are big and bright

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar
    Glad that was cleared up because my hubby thought the same thing. Now I can happily tell him...............he was wrong again. Oh happy day!!!!
    I just bet you don't need a REALLY GOOD reason to tell the poor guy he was wrong.

It's the way JP worded it that so many people went different ways with the explanation.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast