+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Gary. As a way to keep his promises to not vote for either Blobby John or Dani.
    And, as a way to keep his promise to Jamie, too, when he told him that he'd vote with him at TC. I got it now. Thanks, Krom

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Not really though. If they voted first, but didn't read the votes yet. Then ask if anyone wants to use the idol (it would still be a judgement call for them- for example, Gary may not have gotten any votes, but still used the idol for safety). It's a gamble for the idol finder also.
    I wanted to ask this question too. I believe they did what you suggested on the first TC after the merge. They voted and then Jeff asked if anyone has the immunity idol and may elect to present it now before the votes are revealed. That should have been the case but they changed it after that. It would have been more interesting because it will reveal the original intention of the group on who they wanted voted off, thus causing more conflict and tension. If Jeff did it this way, Gary would have known that he was actually next voted off and would see how much a liar Stephanie is. Also, it would have been nice for Gary to know that he saved himself.

Stephanie is already breaking her alliance with Judd and Jamie (she already revealed that Jamie was supposed to be next off but Jamie got immunity). He might have realized that she'd be better off teaming with Rafe, Lydia and Cyndi. She's smart enough to know that Judd, Jamie, and Gary are the biggest threat to her and should eliminate them before the F4. I think in the next episode, Steph was shown talking to Lydia about breaking the alliance but Lydia is having a hard time doing it.
    Last edited by JonasGrumby; 11-12-2005 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    I wanted to ask this question too. I believe they did what you suggested on the first TC after the merge. They voted and then Jeff asked if anyone has the immunity idol and may elect to present it now before the votes are revealed. That should have been the case but they changed it after that. It would have been more interesting because it will reveal the original intention of the group on who they wanted voted off, thus causing more conflict and tension. If Jeff did it this way, Gary would have known that he was actually next voted off and would see how much a liar Stephanie is. Also, it would have been nice for Gary to know that he saved himself.

Yes, the more I think about it, the more mad I get that they didn't vote first, then show the idol. What a perfect shake up that would have been. It would have truly shown that no matter what, no one is safe in this game. Too bad the producers didn't see what a great plan it would have been.

FORT Fogey
    Not really though. If they voted first, but didn't read the votes yet. Then ask if anyone wants to use the idol (it would still be a judgement call for them- for example, Gary may not have gotten any votes, but still used the idol for safety). It's a gamble for the idol finder also.
    That would have made things more interesting... but been pointless.

Stephanie is already breaking her alliance with Judd and Jamie (she already revealed that Jamie was supposed to be next off but Jamie got immunity).
    She's still tight with Judd for some reason. However, she hasn't broken her alliance with Jamie any more than Ian supposedly broke his alliance with Tom (which the dumbass should have done after Tom did break his alliance with him). They discuss a lot of plans... doesn't mean any of them are going to actually happen. Of course, given the overall opinion of the entire tribe is against Jamie, I wouldn't be surprised by him being a boot very soon. Then again, since people hate him so much, he'd make a good final two partner.

If Jeff did it this way, Gary would have known that he was actually next voted off and would see how much a liar Stephanie is. Also, it would have been nice for Gary to know that he saved himself.
    Gary knew he was going. Whether she lied to him or not is an editing question, though I certainly wouldn't put it past her.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    Ya know, I want Stephenie gone....I did like her last season but this season, she is too full of herself. I would have so enjoyed seeing her go before Bobby Jon. I cannot believe that the other players even feel some loyalty to her (second time around folks....that's reason enough to get rid of her). Hopefully, they will see the light and snuff that torch soon.
    I agree with everything you said except that I didn't like her last season. It's just that this season I began to dislike her! But as to why other players are sticking with her, well, water seeks its own level as the saying goes, and there are some icky people out there. The fact that Bobby Jon ended up not liking Steph is another reason I like him. His instincts are right on. Too bad he's out of the game.

I kept hoping some of the "weak" players from the majority would switch sides, but Gary could never be trusted. Why all the non-bullies don't get together and knock the obnoxious players out of the game is beyond me.

FORT Fogey
    The fact that Bobby Jon ended up not liking Steph is another reason I like him.
    He never had a problem with her... until he saw the show. After last season, he had nothing but glowing things to say about her. Then he disliked her because she lied to him about a vote he received (that didn't actually harm him) in Palau, despite the fact that it's been 6 months and that her popularity is what allowed him to have a second chance. This from a guy who made a far less admirable move of his own this season, helping vote out someone he swore he'd never vote for very early on, even if that move ultimately made no sense whatsoever. So now he says he's grown as a person and forgiven her, though perhaps he just doesn't want to look like a hypocrite since he's "learned" you do need to lie in this game. I normally like Bobby Jon, but his bizarre dislike for Steph based on one harmless lie over the course of 3 weeks just makes him look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    The fact that Bobby Jon ended up not liking Steph is another reason I like him. His instincts are right on. Too bad he's out of the game.
    I think the only reason BJ didn't like Steph is because after he saw last year's show he knows that she lied about voting against him. He was convinced James betrayed him and she (of course) didn't admit that she was the guilty one. That's why he told Judd and Jaime that she can't be trusted and will do anything to win. He's right, but Survivor seems to make people use a different morality scale than outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    That would have made things more interesting... but been pointless.

Why would it have been pointless? Gary knew he was going that night- that is why he decided to use the idol. If the members vote first, then have the idol carrier decide to use it- the next person in line with the votes gets booted. (which would have shaken up the magic 6- and Steph would have been gone). At the time of voting, no one knew Gary had the idol, and since they did before the vote, they went with plan b and booted BJ. Not too exciting if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    (which would have shaken up the magic 6- and Steph would have been gone)
    However, if it had led to the boot of a fan favorite, everyone would be complaining that the vote and immunity idol was executed in such a way. Remember when Gary was given immunity by Rafe, but it was not revealed until after the vote was complete? Most people were angry that Bobby Jon may have gotten the boot if Brian has been given immunity instead of Gary. You can't have it both ways, and the producers decided to take the safe way out of the immunity idol reveal and ensure that no controversy was brought up about the boot being unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    However, if it had led to the boot of a fan favorite, everyone would be complaining that the vote and immunity idol was executed in such a way. Remember when Gary was given immunity by Rafe, but it was not revealed until after the vote was complete? Most people were angry that Bobby Jon may have gotten the boot if Brian has been given immunity instead of Gary. You can't have it both ways, and the producers decided to take the safe way out of the immunity idol reveal and ensure that no controversy was brought up about the boot being unfair.
    That's right, it was the immunity necklace that would have saved Brian. My mistake, that was before the merge. It's interesting why Rafe gave the immunity to Gary (does he have an original alliance with him?) instead of a fellow gay guy like Brian. Brian should have made it clearer that he is the next to go such that Rafe could have given him the immunity and made the dynamics even more interesting.

On a different note, I wish they should have just returned the other two Survivors from last season who never had the chance to play it (Wanda and Jonathan?) instead of BJ and Steph.

+ Reply to Thread