+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I agree. Let them vote, then ask if anyone had the idol they wanted to use. That would have been great: Gary gets most votes, but can't be voted out, so the next person with the votes does- which would have been Stephanie.
    Oh that would have been so sweet. That's it for Gary and his little idol though right? He just had one free pass right? Please someone say "right". I don't care for Gary at all.

As for Jamie misunderstanding Gary...who doesn't? He talks like he has rocks in his mouth. I'm sorry, I just find no redeeming qualities in Gary what-so-ever. He has an elitist attitude, in my view, probably acquired in his NFL days, those athletes are just so special, aren't they? : He talks about integrity and doing "what's right"... all the while he's been BS'ing everyone from day one. You can dress up a lie by calling it a "smart" lie, but it's still a lie! What a big weirdo.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    That's it for Gary and his little idol though right? He just had one free pass right? Please someone say "right".
    Right.

Thanks cable...whew! What a relief! (you crack me up cable )

FORT Fogey
    Agree with the Gary assessment! He's gotta go soon. I did love that we didn't know if anyone found the idol till tribal council.

Ya know, I want Stephenie gone....I did like her last season but this season, she is too full of herself. I would have so enjoyed seeing her go before Bobby Jon. I cannot believe that the other players even feel some loyalty to her (second time around folks....that's reason enough to get rid of her). Hopefully, they will see the light and snuff that torch soon.
    Last edited by mountaingirl70; 11-12-2005 at 12:51 PM.

I don't hold anything against Gary for not revealing that he was a pro football player umpteen years ago. It would've made others judge him incorrectly and give him the boot. He certainly isn't performing at pro football standards these days, nor does he even look healthy, so why should he have to pay the price for something he hasn't been for years?

People's bodies change, so their capabilities change. I don't think we should be a hater of someone who is fighting to be judged based on what they ARE. If Gary told everyone about his past, they'd try to get rid of him because of fear of his physical prowess, which he clearly no longer has anyway. Today he's just Gary the landscaper. Let him be what he is. Don't penalize him for what he WAS.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate the guy, I just can't stand him. I'm not sure how incorrectly the others might have viewed him if they knew he was a pro-football player. He could have made some wise investments ten years ago, and now sit's on a pile of money. He's been sitting on a pile of crap since the game's start. I just find him extremely hard to root for...it's his superiority trip that ruins him for me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    If we had a drinking game for this site for the phrase "second time around", we'd all be ing like Judd. New ideas, people! Judge them on how they are playing today! The only reason it matters at all for this game is in F2 arguments. I don't think anyone is still in awe of Steph for last season's behaviors.

And speaking of past skills--you'd think that using a spearthrower would be something a former QB might be good at, esp. as they apparently did have time to practice. It increases your distance with your spear just like having longer arms does. Soooo.... is he faking it somewhat, saving his real efforts to win for immunity challenges? Or does he have so much arthritis in his shoulder and elbow that in fact he's especially bad at throwing challenges?

Count me among those who thought Jamie was lying about Gary at the time--I'm sitting there saying, huh? But I do now find it more believable that he just misunderstood Gary. I use the captioning now for this show, otherwise I miss crucial stuff (altho it is annoying when it runs over the captions the show puts in!), but maybe it's not my hearing but Gary's mumbling.

Who voted for Cindy? Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    Who voted for Cindy? Anybody know?
    Gary. As a way to keep his promises to not vote for either Blobby John or Dani.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Gary. As a way to keep his promises to not vote for either Blobby John or Dani.
    Aww Krom, you edited it before I could say that Tom has been so under the radar this season, it's as if...as if..he's not there at all

+ Reply to Thread