+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    This would have been the perfect time for Rafe, Cindy and Lydia to take over. Oh well.
    I was thinking the same thing. Cindy and Rafe had the opportunity to do that last week, especially where Jamie was concerned. They were all talk and no action. I was really hoping these three would jump ship and change the dynamics of the game. I'm also a little disappointed that Gary, BJ and Danni haven't been able plant seeds of doubt in their heads about the Detestable Three (Steph, Jamie and Judd). It seems to me that Cindy, Lydia and Rafe are quite content to go along with those three and let them call the shots for them (at this point).

I know this is wishful thinking but my only hope is that Gary and Danni will continue to win immunity and locate the immunity idol to throw a monkey wrench into what will otherwise be a disappointing final 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Darn it for a second there I thought Stephanie was going home. Why in the world did Gary vote for Cindy? Can anyone explain that????
    He voted for Cindy because he wants to be able to claim that he hasn't broken any promises. He needed to flip, but without breaking promises he'd made to Danni and Blobby John. This way he gets to "sell" himself to Steph, Judd, etc. as "honorable"--not getting in the way of their plan but also not breaking his word to anyone. Cindy may not like him for it, but he can argue quite painlessly to the rest that he knew she'd never go and that they had a solid majority against Blobby anyway. This also telegraphs the fact that Cindy is probably the low-woman on the totem pole in her alliance.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

question:

can gary use that thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by |eogeO
    question:

can gary use that thing again?
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentz
    Probably not.
    thank god. can't stand him...

i wonder if they will hid it in the woods again for someone else to go find.

but i guess probably not

I can't wait until Gary, Judd and Jaime are caught in their lies.

I hope it happens to Judd and Jaime first though.

As for Danni outing Gary's lies....I think they should only do it if they talk together about it first as at this point they both need each other whether they like it or not.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

Great Show Tonight!

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I am enjoying this season immensely. The age diversity this late into the game is great. Watching Gary struggle to survive against the odds is fun. The looks he was giving Judd and the others tonight while they chowed down were priceless. Fortunately, the game hasn't devolved into a physically strong vs. weak contest. Early alliances were tested by switching everyone up sooner. The hunt for the hidden idol gave people a reason to leave camp together and made everything less predictible. Contrary to what most are saying here, I look at Stephanie with admiration as a strong leader and calculating player. She would not be permitted to lead by the others if she hadn't "stepped up"--something people constantly complain about contestants not doing. She has had a target on her back since day one (or at least stood out) and in spite of that has been able to build and maintain a majority, primarily through her social skills which we already knew were very strong because she survived to the extinction of her tribe last season. Also, she did well tonight in the physical immunity challenge. It's more enjoyable to watch folks play with strength rather than UTR. The minority obviously targeted her tonight because of her majority leadership and her being a strong player in her own right. It remains to be seen if she was lying to Gary when she looked him in the eye--I prefer to think she was not. Her calling the order last week said a lot, both about her leadership and Gary, and he was fourth on the list (and even at that his name was unsaid by Stephanie, only implied). I think they still have some sort of an understanding from early on in the game. Gary's vote for Cindy tonight was clearly a signal of his support to Stephanie (and her core alliance) and of whom he sees as sixth were he part of the majority. I really do not see any way that Rafe, Cindy or Lydia can improve their position because Stephanie will be able to bring in Gary or Danni (or both) in order to maintain her majority should one or more of them threaten a mutiny, and she will sense it before it happens. It must be a tough mental game to play and the strain is showing on almost everyone (except Judd, who is clueless).

Regards all,
    MTI422
    from Houston

PS--Judd's revealing of the idol clue to Stephanie, and her alone, shows that he respects (fears?) her such that he continues to curry her favor. What was she supposed to do--announce the confidence of one of her closest alliance members to all the others?

i'm assuming they will put the immunity idol back into the woods and its game for anyone to find it???

oh man that was a great move by gary, not that i like gary that much, but i love it when plans get screwed last minute

would have preferred to see steph going

and about judd telling steph about the clue, i honestly dont think steph was looking for the idol, i think she thinks she's safe

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    i'm assuming they will put the immunity idol back into the woods and its game for anyone to find it???
    I doubt so.

oh man that was a great move by gary, not that i like gary that much, but i love it when plans get screwed last minute
    LOL to that!

would have preferred to see steph going
    For a moment, I thought each vote would end up going to the ones who do not possess immunity.

and about judd telling steph about the clue, i honestly dont think steph was looking for the idol, i think she thinks she's safe
    I thought the idol was a one-time deal...

I think you're right about Steph...she's arrogant enough to think she didn't need to hunt for the idol. I hope her overconfidence comes back to bite her.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread