+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 10/27 Recap–Round and Round We Go, Where We Stop, Nobody Knows!

Survivor 10/27 Recap–Round and Round We Go, Where We Stop, Nobody Knows!

It’s Survivor time again! Back to the jungles and ruins of Guatemala for some more heat, humidity, and Judd. Good ole’ Judd. Perhaps one of the loudest and most boorish castaways yet. Last week on Survivor, both tribes went to tribal council, and the competition yielded a reward for one tribe, and then immunity for one member of that tribe. Nakum won the reward of a fully stocked grill party/meal including beer and rootbeer for everyone, and Rafe won the puzzle challenge to gain individual immunity. At TC, Yaxha voted Brian off, effectively quieting a very strategic player. At the 2nd TC of the night, Judd argued with Margaret some more, and convinced the team to vote her off.

Hey Man, Nice Shot
    Back from tribal council, Judd thanks everyone for going along with him and voting Margaret off. Judd and Margaret clearly hated each other, and Margaret really pushed his buttons. But Judd doesn’t ever back down, and his verbal beat down of Margaret at TC should indicate that. Judd let’s his entire tribe know that he doesn’t have a problem with any of them, but that Margaret was just on his last nerve since she couldn’t integrate into their new tribe. Jamie, in a side interview, tells us that Judd is a big guy, with a big mouth, and is the perfect guy to keep around since he intimidates people, and they dislike him.

Sore Losers
    Over at Yaxha, the castaways are all feeling the hardships of jungle living. The mornings are cold, the days are hot and humid, and everyone has sores all over the bodies like some mutant strain of chicken pox. Bobby Jon got his sores from banging into the big ball last week at the reward challenge. His shoulders are both bloody, so bloody, in fact, that his shirt has merged into the scab overnight. He rips the shirt away to reveal one of the nastiest looking skin wounds I think I have ever seen. Brandon also has a bunch of these lesions all over his body too. Amy thinks they look gross, and asks if she looks like that. In fact, Amy, you have them on your face where you can’t see them! The physicality of the challenges coupled with the rough living conditions are really taking their toll on everyone.

Spin To Win
    Probst gathers both tribes at today’s reward challenge to explain the rules. There are 4 poles with cloth wrapped around them lined up for each team, This is a strange type of relay race where one tribe member will approach the first pole, clip into the cloth line that is wrapped around the pole, and unwind the cloth around their body as they circle the pole. When that tribe member has unwound all of the cloth from the pole and around their body, they will advance to the next pole, clip into their teammate there, and those two will unwrap the cloth around BOTH of their bodies. Onto the third pole, where the cloth must be wrapped around all three players, and so on with the fourth pole. Once they have all of the cloth around them, they can begin to unwind and send people across the finish line. First tribe to finish wins a reward of Mayan origin. Chocolate!!! And lots of it!! Also, the tribe will get to take a zip line tour of the jungle canopy. Sounds fun!

As the challenge begins, Stephanie for Nakum, and Brandon for Yaxha are the first to wind for their team. Steph makes it through very quickly and runs to clip into Lydia. They are slowed down by their apparent unwillingness to get together, to hug each other. What’s the matter Lydia? I thought you idolized Stephenie? Brandon finishes winding, and he and Gary get together and quickly catch up to their opponents. Gary is comfortable in the quarterback position with Brandon as his center, I guess. Both teams keep it neck and neck through 4 poles, but Nakum is first to begin unwinding. The group spins around to unwrap the cloth from their bodies. Soon, Yaxha is done too, and they begin unwinding like a top. Gary’s beanpole-like stature is perfect for keeping the group spinning in tight circles. Nakum, however, looks like everyone is tied together at their feet like some three legged race gone bad. They unwrap enough to send 1 of their players across the finish line, but then the other three just flail and fall over repeatedly. Yaxha stays on their feet, and spin to victory.

Welcome To The Jungle!
    When Yaxha arrives at their cool zip line reward, Amy is scared as hell. She is too afraid of heights to really enjoy the zip line. You can actually see through her she is so pale from fright. I guess she doesn’t have faith in Mark Burnett to pick a safe zip line. Of course, Amy is the first person they put up on the zip line. She hems and haws and asks all of the typical questions someone who is deathly afraid of heights would. “What if I get stuck in the middle?” and “What if the trees fall down?” They get her to go, but man, she looks like she had her eyes closed the whole time. Bobby Jon goes next, and puts up the “hang loose” sign with his hand. I think he might have yelled “Freebird!!!” too, but I couldn’t hear him clearly. Next, Gary just leans back as if he were in his easy chair back home and enjoys the ride. Danni flies through the air with the greatest of ease, and finally Brandon comes zipping down. Brandon seems the most amazed at this unique experience of flying through the canopy.

Awaiting the tribe at the bottom of the zip line is the rest of their reward. The most mouth-watering array of chocolatey goodness you have ever seen…enough to make Willy Wonka jealous! Cakes, chocolate covered everything, cookies, and even chocolate milk! They start throwing food down their cake holes like there is no tomorrow. I can’t help but think the introduction of all that caffeine to their systems is going to lead to some pretty instant digestive problems…if you know what I mean. They can’t even eat all of the food set in front of them, and try to pack some for later.

Gonna Be A Camp…Par…Tay, Gonna Be a Camp Party!
    Yaxha is just hanging around their camp, playing “cards” with some leaves that Rafe turned into playing cards, when suddenly they hear “Nakum!” being yelled from their lakeshore. They are all surprised to hear the other tribe calling them down to the shore to have a little talk. Jamie is convinced they shouldn’t even go down there, as if the other tribe is going to play some evil trick on them. Paranoid much, Jamie?? They all go down and greet the other tribe tentatively, and find out that it’s Danni’s birthday, and Yaxha wants to invite Nakum over for a little ole’ pool party. Stephenie and Judd are immediately in, but they have to convince Jamie and Cindy that everything is on the level. They both think this whole thing is unnecessary, since they are trying to get rid of everyone on that other tribe. How about having a good time for once, you two? Lighten up a little. Finally, both tribes arrive over at Yaxha’s camp. The party ends up being a nice, lighthearted gathering of all of the castaways where no one really talks game. Yaxha has even saved some chocolate for the Nakum tribemembers, which everyone—including Jamie and Cindy—enjoys. Not too long after enjoying the pool and the chocolate that the other tribe had won, Jamie turns into a little brat and insists Nakum must leave now, since they still have firewood and food to gather for the evening. He is there for business, and business only. Jamie doesn’t want the others to form any bonds with the other tribe that he can’t control. He gets his way, and they leave the other camp, but on the way, just about everyone on Nakum tells Jamie he was really acting shady at the other camp. He tells them he’ll like everyone else after the game is over. Steph thinks she and Jamie are going to clash soon, and I’m thinking Steph will probably vote him out at her earliest convenience.

I’m Mouthfishin’!
    The next day at Yaxha, Bobby Jon is hanging out in the pool enjoying a soak. His shoulder scab is all waterlogged and falling apart in the water, and the minnows in the lake are finding it to be quite tasty. Well, Bobby Jon, being the redneck that he is, sees these fish near his shoulder as protein. In one of the strangest moves I have ever seen(and I’ve seen some weird stuff, believe me), Bobby Jon starts to suck the lake water into his mouth to hopefully catch some minnows. Aren’t you supposed to boil that stuff first Bobby Jon?

In the jungle, Amy is talking to Gary about their strategy if they lose the next immunity challenge. Amy knows she is vulnerable, and she just wants to let Gary know that if they lose, she isn’t going to lie to anyone. It’s ok if Gary, lies though. Although, if he does, she is going to come after him. She’s going to look up Gary Hawkins in Michigan and she thinks she’ll have his address, cell number, everything in 5 seconds. She also tells him that if he really is a former NFL football player, she’s going to beat him down like a stepchild.

A Huge, Puzzling, Immunity Challenge
    Today’s immunity challenge will test the tribes in teamwork. Three members from each team will, one at a time, run out into a sand pit to retrieve giant puzzle pieces. After they have gathered the twelve giant puzzle pieces, two other tribe members will put the puzzle together. First tribe to complete their puzzle wins immunity. Lydia will sit out for Nakum. Fetching puzzle pieces for Yaxha are Brandon, Bobby Jon and Danni, for Nakum it’s Judd, Jamie and Cindy. They’re off, and the first runners go right for the easy pieces that aren’t buried in the sand and get them back easily. Soon, all of the unburied pieces are gone, and the runners must start to dig in the sand for their puzzle pieces. The piece lead changes back and forth a couple of times, until Brandon can’t find any of his pieces in the sand. Finally, Nakum has all of their pieces. They get right to puzzle assembly, and Rafe and Steph are cranking the puzzle out as if it were a 3 piece puzzle. They have almost their entire perimeter done before Yaxha even starts. Although Gary and Amy do their best and catch up, Steph and Rafe are just too good at puzzles, and Nakum wins immunity.

The Beginning Of The End
    Back at the Yaxha camp, Amy knows she has to fight for her life. She first talks to Danni about the possibility of her not going home. Danni’s face gives her away, even as she tells Amy that she should work the “Bobby Jon has been here before” angle to try and get him voted out. Amy approaches Gary with her angle, and is hoping she can sway him to vote for BJ with her. Gary, wisely recognizing that he is the swing vote without letting on that he knows he is the swing vote, tells her that if she has Danni and Brandon, she has him, but otherwise, he has to prove his allegiance to any possible future alliance. Both Danni and Brandon are second guessing themselves too, since Bobby Jon has been on the show before, and perhaps doesn’t deserve to still be in the game. They are both very conflicted on who they are going to vote out tonight.

At tribal council, Jeff begins to grill the survivors. Jeff thinks it should feel pretty good to still be here after 18 days in the jungle. Danni disagrees, since they are at tribal council, and everyone has bonded so much, it’s hard to send someone home. Gary agrees, and says that the tribe has really gotten close, especially this group of 5. Brandon thinks sending someone home is the most difficult part of the game. He mentions that maybe someone he has an alliance with might not be as deserving as someone else. This gets Bobby Jon’s attention immediately, and he tells everyone(especially Brandon) that he sticks with the alliances that he has had the longest.

It’s time to vote, and Bobby Jon heads up first. He votes for Amy, telling her she is the strongest human being he has ever met. The only other vote that is revealed is Amy’s vote for Bobby Jon. After Probst tallies the votes, he reveals the loser….Amy, the tribe has spoken.

But that’s not all…after Amy leaves the TC area, Jeff talks to Yaxha. Apparently, it’s time to merge. Whoa!! I didn’t see that one coming 10 miles away!! Yaxha will immediately head over to Nakum’s camp and deliver the new buffs to everyone. They must also come up with a new tribe name over the next 24 hours.

So that’s it kids! The tribes are merging, and I can’t wait to see all of these unique and sometimes unstable personalities interacting together. Tune in next week for a fight between Jamie and Judd, the reaction when Yaxha arrives in Nakum’s camp, and each survivor must choose their own fate! Ooooh! Sounds juicy!

Wanna invite me to a pool party? mrdobolina@fansofrealitytv.com
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Awesome Re-Cap Mr. Dolbina!! Thanks!!

Excellent

FORT Fogey
    Excellent recap!

Thanks for the great recap, MrDob!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Thanks, Mr.Dobolina!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

:-D
    great recap!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Excellent recap mrdobolina!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Welcome To The Jungle!
    Bobby Jon goes next, and puts up the “hang loose” sign with his hand. I think he might have yelled “Freebird!!!” too, but I couldn’t hear him clearly.
    Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    The Beginning Of The End
    I'm afraid this may describe the Yaxha tribe's fate all too perfectly.

Nice recap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast