+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the Next Survivor: 11/3

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226
    Hey, good thinking ! I never thought of that. Maybe those who search for the idol get immunity ... and those who eat are the only ones who can bee voted out. Or maybe the one who finds the idol gets to choose a group who has immunity.
    Now that I would like. If that was the case, here's hoping Judd, Jamie, and Steph are in the group who sticks around for the food. Let's just hope Jeff doesn't tell them what the person(s) who find the immunity idol get (assuming it's something big, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    I have no idea what purpose the immunity idol will serve, but I don't think it's something straightforward like most of what has been suggested so far. At this point in the game, the immunity idol becomes the immunity necklace, so the idol must mean something besides immunity at a certain tribal council. If it was, it would be the necklace, not the idol.

The obvious choice for the idol would be a type of group immunity, as that is the reason for the difference between an idol and a necklace. Perhaps the Survivors divide up into teams to look for it, and the winning team gets immunity?
    You seem to be reading an awful lot into the use of the word "idol" in the CBS promo. We all know how accurate the promos have been in the past. It may be for group immunity, but not necessarily. The immunity necklace will be handed to whoever wins the immunity challenge (okay Jeffy will probably place it around the winner's neck). This idol sounds like it has nothing to do with the immunity challenge. It's something completely separate. They could have called it the immunity icon or the immunity elephant. Until we know more, I wouldn't leap to a conclusion that idol = group immunity.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    ...I'm betting Judd is one of the castaways who chooses the feast.
    Not unless there's beer involved!

I look forward to the "hunt". I've been waiting for them to do a challange like this, and I hope it will involve the pyramids.

If an "idol" is a thing to be worshipped, then the necklace would qualify. Especially for someone like, well...everyone. Nobody's sitting pretty from my vantage point.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Until we know more, I wouldn't leap to a conclusion that idol = group immunity.
    Nor would I; it was only a suggestion. The fact is, immunity necklaces have always been used for individual immunities in the past. If two are necessary, two are made. Immunity idols have always been cast aside as soon as the tribes merged and Survivor became an individual game. The fact that an immunity idol is being used for this hunt instead of an immunity necklace means that this is not a straightforward individual immunity, and I'll stand by that. If the clue is worded incorrectly, then I'm most likely wrong, but for now I'll assume they meant to say idol, and that points to something more complicated than individual immunity.

FORT Fogey
    If there's a twist to the idol, that would make it watching. Jeff definitely wouldn't say what the twist is, though. At most, he'd hint at it subtly. It is certainly strange that they'd give people the choice of a feast or a hunt if they were to do so before the challenge even began. Normally they go through a couple hours before making a deal.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    But if the goal is to do something different, that would be different. Survivors that knew they couldn't endure would hold out at least for some food. Without that option, no pay off at least for trying, the one's who know they can't endure might just go for the food.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I'll be surprised if the hunt and the feast are linked. I think the hunt is going to be independent from the more traditional immunity challenge. What sounds different about the IC (and this could all turn out to be hype) is that rather than being tempted away by food items as the traditional first post-merge endurance challenge goes on, the survivors have to choose the feast or the challenge before the challenge even starts. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a long time for the survivors to discover the hidden "idol." Like with the buried treasure chests durinng Pearl Islands, the winner of individual immunity may receive a clue to the location of the "idol" after each IC or everyone may receive clues as the days pass.

ETA: I'm being a little cautious and putting this in spoiler tags because I know some people don't like to know anything even a little spoilerish:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The title of Episode Eight is "The Hidden Immunity Idol" and the title of Episode Nine is "Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise." This makes it pretty clear that the hidden idol isn't discovered this next episode.
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-29-2005 at 12:11 PM.

I just saw the promos for next week, and they pretty much revealed most of what we have been wondering about the idol search. I'll put it in spoiler tags because I'm thinking it'll be more enjoyable to see unfold if it's more of a surprise:

Click to see Spoiler:
    In the promo, Lydia reads a treemail saying the idol is hidden in the woods. This probably means it'll be an ongoing search, and not some kind of challenge. As Mariner suggested, we may not see anyone finding the idol this week. The promo also shows Rafe commenting on the idol and saying, "We can use it at any tribal council." This pretty much confirms that the idol serves as a one-shot immunity that you can use at any point in the game. It should be interesting to see when it's used, and to see who it is who needs it so badly that they'll draw resentment toward themselves by finding it.

Thanks for sharing cable101. I didn't see that promo yesterday as I was out all afternoon.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I suppose that someone could find it this next week and that the "idol surprise" referred to in the episode 9 title is that someone uses it that episode.

We could find out the power alliance real quick...remember John and the Gang of Four in S4? We'll see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast