+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the Next Survivor: 11/3

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    After Stephenie's monumental blunder in Palau of jumping for pizza, I'll be shocked if she goes for the feast.
    That is true...but she just seems to be getting more full of herself with each passing week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I really want Judd to go for the feast and then get booted. PLEASE!????
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    I really want Judd to go for the feast and then get booted. PLEASE!????
    Ok, done. Oh, wait, I'm not in charge. Too bad. But I'd like to see that scenario played out for sure.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

JR.
    As long as we don't get extended scenes of the search, it will be interesting.
    I hope they don't drag it out. I almost nodded off during the first episode while they were trekking through the jungle for half the show.

If it were me, I'd probably go for the feast, even if (as I expect) those who go for the idol get to feast later.

I figure that anybody who is on the block right at the merge has no chance to win. If there was some cash awarded for making the jury, I might change my opinion.

FORT Fogey
    We've seen people giving up immunity in favor of food in almost every season. It is sometimes costly. At the same time, Jenna did it and still won. Normally it's people who feel safest, which may just mean they've been misled, or people who couldn't hold on long enough to win anyway. More often than not, it ends up being irrelevant. If I were in Rafe or Lydia's shoes, I'd consider giving it up just because I suck at challenges anyway.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I hope they don't drag it out. I almost nodded off during the first episode while they were trekking through the jungle for half the show.
    Exactly why I don't think it'll be too interesting. I'm sure there's something to gain from finding it, but I hope it's something really big and interesting and not something petty. I like Mariner's idea about it being like a get out of jail free card, or being able to give it someone else (it'd be kind of interesting to have the power to take immunity away from the person who won it and give it to someone else).

I'm curious as to the rules surrounding the hidden immunity idol. Does it just give immunity to whoever finds it for the next tribal council after he or she discovers it? Or, is it like a Monopoly Get Out of Jail Free card which you can keep to use when you think you need it? Can it be transferred to someone else?
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be fun if it was a generic immunity idol that the winner could use if/when needed ... but there would have to be another catch there such as a time limit or when/how they can use it, transfer it, use it for leverage/barganing etc.
    -
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I have no idea what purpose the immunity idol will serve, but I don't think it's something straightforward like most of what has been suggested so far. At this point in the game, the immunity idol becomes the immunity necklace, so the idol must mean something besides immunity at a certain tribal council. If it was, it would be the necklace, not the idol.

The obvious choice for the idol would be a type of group immunity, as that is the reason for the difference between an idol and a necklace. Perhaps the Survivors divide up into teams to look for it, and the winning team gets immunity?

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    I have no idea what purpose the immunity idol will serve, but I don't think it's something straightforward like most of what has been suggested so far. At this point in the game, the immunity idol becomes the immunity necklace, so the idol must mean something besides immunity at a certain tribal council. If it was, it would be the necklace, not the idol.

The obvious choice for the idol would be a type of group immunity, as that is the reason for the difference between an idol and a necklace. Perhaps the Survivors divide up into teams to look for it, and the winning team gets immunity?
    Hey, good thinking ! I never thought of that. Maybe those who search for the idol get immunity ... and those who eat are the only ones who can bee voted out. Or maybe the one who finds the idol gets to choose a group who has immunity.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast