+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 10/27 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I don't understand the strategy of keeping Danni around over Amy. They had no idea that they were about to merge, so why get rid of a strong player in favor of a weak one who, from what I can see, contributes nothing [except for being cute, if you can call looking anorexic cute. When she goes home and takes a shower, she'll probably slide down the drain ]
    I'm not sure we have been watching the same show. Danni is the one who has been doing extremely well in the challenges even to the point of whupping up on Steph more than once. While on the other hand Amy was brutally strong & a fierce competitor, she was injured & that ankle came into play in almost every challenge her team lost. There was no assurance of a merge at that time so it was time to get rid of Amy. Also, Danni is shown almost every episode getting the corn ready to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I'm not sure we have been watching the same show. Danni is the one who has been doing extremely well in the challenges even to the point of whupping up on Steph more than once. While on the other hand Amy was brutally strong & a fierce competitor, she was injured & that ankle came into play in almost every challenge her team lost. There was no assurance of a merge at that time so it was time to get rid of Amy. Also, Danni is shown almost every episode getting the corn ready to cook.

Yeah, PWS pretty much said the same thing to me [a few posts back] and after thinking about it a little, I realized that she [and you] are right about Danni. [I still think that Amy deserved to stay more than she did, though].

FORT Fogey
    I'm not sure we have been watching the same show. Danni is the one who has been doing extremely well in the challenges even to the point of whupping up on Steph more than once. While on the other hand Amy was brutally strong & a fierce competitor, she was injured & that ankle came into play in almost every challenge her team lost.
    Danni hasn't whooped Steph that I can recall, though a one-on-one matchup would be interesting to see. Speaking of Amy, on the if you're fat you win ball rolling challenge, she was the one who whooped Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Danni hasn't whooped Steph that I can recall, though a one-on-one matchup would be interesting to see. Speaking of Amy, on the if you're fat you win ball rolling challenge, she was the one who whooped Steph.
    I don't remember her getting the best of Steph, either [although I do think she's more of a contributor than I did when I made that "slide down the drain" crack]. Danni's okay, I guess--I just would have preferred Amy to stay over her.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    We all liked Amy, too, I think. It's a shame either of them had to be considered to leave. That team had a nice dynamic going. Not sure how they are going to fit into the dysfunctional unit they are joining.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    We all liked Amy, too, I think. It's a shame either of them had to be considered to leave. That team had a nice dynamic going. Not sure how they are going to fit into the dysfunctional unit they are joining.

I liked Amy also, and I was really hoping the BJ was voted out. She had a very valid point in saying to the rest that he had his chance already. If I was playing, those two would be my first targets.

At this point in the game I would be targeting both Steph and BJ as this is their second chance. Unfortunately, there will be a blow up between the Testosterone Triplets (Trio), that will focus all the attention on them. For good or bad I don't know but for us entertaining. I wonder what the rules of Survivor are when two contestents go at each other in a fight????

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I wonder what the rules of Survivor are when two contestents go at each other in a fight????
    Landing a blow earns you distant disqualification, voids your prize earnings, and is probably a violation of one of the many contracts you sign prior to participating. Allowing physical threats would be a bit unfair, don't you think? After all, I know I would certainly hesitate before blindsiding Judd if I knew he had no reason not to turn around and punch me in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I agree with that, but my question is, WHY are her fellow tribe members even allowing her to do that? She may be physically stronger than she looks, but she hasn't contributed anywhere near what most of the others have, so why would anyone let her decide who gets the boot? I don't get that at all.
    She might just be smarter than them.
    Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Danni hasn't whooped Steph that I can recall, though a one-on-one matchup would be interesting to see.
    I can recall at least two contests where she arguably has. True, its rarely been completely 1-on-1, but there have been several cases where they were on opposing teams of 2 or 3 and grappled with or manuevered around each other and Danni, to the best of my recollection, usually was the one who more often got past Steph. Not that this poses Steph as weak--she seemed to be able to best pretty much every other woman she came up against on the other side.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-30-2005 at 08:30 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    She might just be smarter than them.
    And, considering some of these people, that ain't too hard to do, eh, Krom?

+ Reply to Thread