+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who is your winner right now?

Can you imagine if Steph and Lydia were the F2? Sparks could really fly with the jury!

Doesn't anyone think that choosing Lydia might be an affront to some jurors ?

Doesn't anyone think that choosing Lydia ( undeserving and the apparently easy win ) might backfire and result in the jurors losing respect for the one who chooses her and spitefully voting for Lydia ?

And ... if either Rafe or Danni do not choose the other at the end and especially if they choose Lydia instead, ... they lose the honesty/integrity card in front of the jury.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

echo226, I'm thinking the jury may already have established issues with the players before the F2.

I'm with many of you in picking Rafe or Danni to win. I'd be OK with either winning at least from the standpoint of playing hard and not annoying the other players (or more importantly me the viewer ) too much. Although Danni was in the minority alliance after the merge, it could work to her advantage much as it did for Chris two seasons ago. People like Judd who may vote for revenge can't hold that against Danni because she wasn't part of their original alliance. In a final 2 situation, any fireworks in the questioning would be directed at the other person, not Danni.

That said, I'll give the advantage to Rafe if he gets to the F2. He's done a bit more scheming than the rest of the F4 and is a very likeable player, stepping on relatively few toes on the way to the end. Depending on how tonights IC's go, he's my favorite to win.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Regular
    It's really hard to call the winner, because the last IC is always an endurance test, and all of these people have a good shot at winning in endurance, including Lydia. [Lydia may not have speed or height, but she does have endurance]. I have no idea who will win.

Am I the only person on this planet who likes Lydia? I feel so lonely here by myself.

Did she plot? No.

Did she win any challenges? No.

Did she make any obvious decision ? No.
    But what she did do is sit back, shut up and let every other players paranoia get the best of them. She didn't allow herself to get overly involved in everyone elses turmoil and psychological plots.

You know, a lot of these younger players had no use for Lydia from day one because she's older and so tiny by comparison. They didn't respect her judging her on assumptions and int he end totally refusing to respect her. So, what was she supposed to do? She took he cards she was dealt and used them best she could in ordered o advance. maybe it is coat tail riding but she didn't have a whole lot to work with . She really had no chance to bond But she took her outsider status and it allowed her to sort of flit back and forth between different groups .

Did she ever quit on anyone or herself? No. Dead last in every competition but by God that did not stop the woman from giving it her all. Every other player had a physical advantage over her and I'm sure she must have gone to every challenge thinking " I have a snowballs chance in hell..." But she gave it her best effort anyhow and her best effort was a lot more physically taxing than what any other player had to endure. So, every physical challenge was twice as hard for her for that very reason. Yet, she kept going

Why is riding on coattails such a crappy and unworthy strategy? It sure as heck got her a lot further in the game than all the other strategic game players sitting on the jury. Again she used the cards she was dealt.

Pleasant. SO shoot me for liking her because she has a hopelessly optimistic outlook- with al the lying, complaining and moaning and groaning and chest thumping going on amongst the "better" players it's actually nice to watch a player who isn't overanalyzing everything to death -and overanalyzing can get you booted so fast.

Oh and the woman has great hair- not a hair out of place in her 30 plus days there! that has to be worth something !!!

So, yes I'm all alone in my support for the outsider, Lydia. BUt that's okay, because someone has to speak up for the pariah of the cast might as well be me

FORT Newbie
    I like Lydia as a person. In fact, I would venture to say that she's the one person on this season's whole cast that I would like to know personally. She seems really upbeat and positive, and appears to be a genuinely nice person.

However, she is completely unworthy of being the Sole Survivor. The game requires that you Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast. Whoever does this combination of goals the best is who I would consider the best Survivor. The only thing Lydia has done is Outlast, but only because she was considered such a non-threat that the other players felt it more important to get rid of more capable players first. Lydia hasn't Outwitted or Outplayed anyone. She's been Missing In Action in all the challenges (trying is admirable, but doing is more important. Remember how she got so hopelessly stuck in the mud?). Her strategy has been...well, she hasn't had any.

As much as I may like Lydia personally, I sure as heck wouldn't vote for her to win a million dollars based on her non-existent gameplay.

I agree with you VinceDee, Lydia does seem like a very nice lady. Editing for the 'I'm so hungry' behaviour made her look peevish, but I think it was just that -- editing. She brought out a valid point about Steph's eating. It also really put out front Steph's social position and bullying nature. Steph's the one who is peevish!

Lydia did outlast but has done nothing to warrant a win. Steph has done nothing to warrant a win either. She's had a cake walk this time. Danni and Rafe are the two who have played the game -- admirably.

FORT Regular
    If you can't win challenges you have to do something, and I think Lydia would have been voted out long ago if she had played more aggressively. Physically weak players have to play a mental, political game, or go under the radar. Lydia has chosen UTR. Someone has to, it happens every season. If she makes more money than Judd or Steph or Rafe, I would call it a more successful strategy than those players aggressive strategies.

Danni is basically a UTR player that can win challenges. It was only 2 weeks ago that Danni started to assert herself, when, along with Lydia btw, she orchestrated Judd's departure.

I don't think Lydia necessarily deserves to win, but her strategy choice seems to be the right one for her.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancerre2001 View Post
    Danni is basically a UTR player that can win challenges. It was only 2 weeks ago that Danni started to assert herself, when, along with Lydia btw, she orchestrated Judd's departure.
    We know from bootees that she was the major force in the decisions when they were in tribes, they just never showed much of it. I think she asserted herself long before 2 weeks ago, the editors never showed it to us and Danni was alot more stealthy about it then than she is now

+ Reply to Thread