+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    ETA: Brandon just said he had to keep a promise to someone so he might not have been informed about the decision to vote Blake off.

Nikki_Brandon.... they showed Danni informing Brandon that the group was going to vote off Blake. Brandon said he had promised Blake that he would never vote him off.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

ok this is what bothered me about the praying thing

did they shove it down his throat? probably not, but we dont know for sure, but i doubt they did

because they all seem to be a religious tribe and want to pray, that makes brian an outcast, people said, well he can just say he doesnt want to pray

no he cant

that will paint a huge target on his back possibly, i know if i were him i would not say "no i'm not gonna pray"

like he said, he has to roll with the punches

but to me its just direspectful to assume EVERYONE wants to pray to jesus for thier meal, i mean its one thing if you are a guest in someone's house and they pray before meal, but this is different

i mean sure, they could have asked, "would this bother anyone" but for some reason, i'm thinking no they didnt

and brian is right, he cant be like "sorry guys, i dont want to thank jesus for this meal"

you just cant do that, i dont think the people who are criticising him for what he said really understand that

I really think everyone is sticking up for someone that really doesn't want or need it.

Brian was pretty happy boasting about the fact that he lied to the rest of the group about praying before each meal. He didn't look sad, he didn't look tortured... he was proud of his little lie and deception.

Instead of assuming that the rest of the group pressured Brian into doing what he did and labeling THEM as the disrespectful ones, why can't we just call a spade a spade: Brian is out to lie and deceive and do whatever it takes.

That doesn't make him a bad guy for having that motive... but it also doesn't make the rest of the group bad guys when we have absolutely zero ammunition for feeling that way.

I'd rather believe what we have been shown instead of what we haven't.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Nikki_Brandon.... they showed Danni informing Brandon that the group was going to vote off Blake. Brandon said he had promised Blake that he would never vote him off.

But I was pretty certain Danni had not made up her mind by then...And I think Brandon still thought they were all gonna vote for Brian....However, there's still that possibility Brandon just wanted to stick to his word despite the plan to vote Blake off...Anyway, Blake voted off still sucks
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

you're wrong broadway, i'm not sticking up for anyone

i'm just telling the situation as i viewed it, that's not sticking up for someone, i dont really like any of them enough right now to be sticking up for anyone

also, from the talk of how the editing has gone too far this season, i think the possiblity is definitely there that we have not been shown what should be shown

About saying grace ... we are not even certain who initiated it. Many people are accustomed to praying before a meal in their homes and were raised that way ... so I suspect it just "happened". Probably someone ... we don't know who ... just said, "Can we say grace ?", or "Id like to say grace" and just started praying and everyone joined in. It wasn't forced down anyone's throat and for all we know others are doing/feeling exactly what Brian is ... just going along. He just happened to expound on it in a dramatic/comedic way a confessonal, and they put it in.

As for the vote, I just knew something like that was going to happen and said it elsewhere here while many were lamenting the "predictability". I did however, think it might be Brandon who flipped because of past comments. By the way, didn't BJ say he gave Blake his word and wasn't ready to start breaking his word just yet ? So much for those pee-pee pacts.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Newbie
    I didn't think for a second that Danni would vote against Blake. After all the hugging, back scratching, and calling each other 'Babe' I just sort of assumed that she was at the mercy of his rediculous *cue blue steel* gewd lewks...

Pleasantly surprised to find that there's more to her. My favorite character so far.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Brians comment about prayer said less about that "issue" and much much more about Brian. If they wanted to tell jokes before each meal, he'd probably want to disassociate himself from that too. These just aren't his kind of people. When a person feels compelled to include an "it's not that I don't like them", what they're usually saying is "I don't like them". Brian is a phoney baloney back stabbing delusional snob, IMHO.

In a perfect world, Bobby Jon and Brandon will be the final two. That would be perfect. My reality prediction though is Gary and Danni.

That RC was the trippiest!! I think Jamie wanted to finish just so he could ride in the cart. I know I would have!!! That was too cute when Danni was making a chopping motion in sync with Bobby Jon. And Bobby Jon with his legs in the air......that guy is killing me!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think it's ridiculous that someone would need to ask permission to pray. If Brian doesn't want to be a part of it, then he can just walk away rather than go against his own beliefs. If, for instance, there was a player or players that were Muslim I would consider it ridiculous for him/her/them to ask permission from the others to do so.

I applaud them for doing something that they want to do without feeling embarrassed to admit they are religious.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    I don't think they're all being necessarily religious. No doubt at least half of them wouldn't be praying under normal circumstances... they just suck it up so as not to offend anyone since it only takes away half a minute or so anyway.

+ Reply to Thread