+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early tribe switch really bad idea?

The best seasons of Survivor are those where alliances are constantly being broken, everyone is scrambling at every tribal council, people are being stabbed in the back everywhere, no one is safe, and each episode is completely unpredictable. Tribal shuffles can help promote this gameplay, or they can make things quite boring. In Guatemala, I'm afraid this twist may be leaning toward the latter. It forced clear alliances to pop up, and both tribal majorities can ride those alliances to the merge. If nothing else happens until then, we will be seeing a rather dull next few episodes. This season didn't need a shuffle (at least, not so early on), and now that it has had one, it needs a new one desperately. Judd switching sides was great to see, but the rest of it seems cut-and-dry. Maybe I'm underestimating this cast, but I think the entertainment value of the next few episodes is on the shoulders of the producers at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    The best seasons of Survivor are those where alliances are constantly being broken, everyone is scrambling at every tribal council, people are being stabbed in the back everywhere, no one is safe, and each episode is completely unpredictable. Tribal shuffles can help promote this gameplay, or they can make things quite boring. In Guatemala, I'm afraid this twist may be leaning toward the latter. It forced clear alliances to pop up, and both tribal majorities can ride those alliances to the merge. If nothing else happens until then, we will be seeing a rather dull next few episodes. This season didn't need a shuffle (at least, not so early on), and now that it has had one, it needs a new one desperately. Judd switching sides was great to see, but the rest of it seems cut-and-dry. Maybe I'm underestimating this cast, but I think the entertainment value of the next few episodes is on the shoulders of the producers at this point in time.
    I somewhat disagree as I think "clear alliances" is a misnomer ... and it's simply original tribe pseudo-loyalty. For example, Brandon has been saying these guys should step-up, suck-it-up etc., and privately expressing his disdain. He would be ranked 4th among his former Nakumi-mates and might just hook up with the older guy, the limper and the host-with-the-most to improve his standing.

I can't believe the producers would permit it to be totally dull and predictable for the next 3 or 4 weeks ... so I'm willing to give it a chance, and allow myself to be entertained, if only by their collective foolishness.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12