+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I also wondered about the comment from Jeff about switching. This idea could make the season very interesting.
    As for eliminating a weaker player Judd should have said yes, but let's start with your team. I think then he would have seen the writing on the wall.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    Judd looks kind of like Agassi.
    I think he looks like the doorman on "The Gastineau Girls".
    (hiding face in shame about admitting I watched that show).

Quote Originally Posted by crista galli
    I think he looks like the doorman on "The Gastineau Girls".
    (hiding face in shame about admitting I watched that show).
    He is a doorman. Is that show in New York? Maybe it was him

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    He is a doorman. Is that show in New York? Maybe it was him
    It's not him. (hanging head next to Crista... cuz I actually watch that show on occasion, too.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by julitta
    i think judd made the right choice too. it drives me crazy when players feel they have to stick with their old tribe after merges, and tribal switches. the whole tribe does not win a million, only one person does. so you have to do what is right for you. and i think judd knew he was low on the totem pole of his old tribe.
    I'll go on record right now as saying that I'd stab my old tribe in the back in a freaking heartbeat. Almost every season, after a tribe shuffle or merge, there's a group of people that want to try to stick by their old tribal loyalties. They almost ALWAYS get screwed. Usually by the person that talks loudest about sticking together. That one person will hook up with the other side and screw the old alliance almost every time. Then the "loyal" people ride their integrity ride into loser's lodge.

I don't think Judd switching sides was a bad idea. However, i would have insisted on started with a weak member from the other team. If I were going to openly switch alliances, I'd want more out of it than a free pass at the next few tribal councils. When they approached him, he should have said, "That sounds like a great plan. Make it work as well for me as it does for you and we'll talk."
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

If Judd was ever going to switch to a majority side, this was the time to do it but he needs a few other things to go in his favor. He needs to stick to one alliance rather than switching back and forth (like Rob in the Amazon) lest it catch up with him. Ideally other players will be disgruntled and try to switch one way or the other and will be picked off for switching or not making a quick decision. Hopefully his skills at reading people are as good as he says because sometimes he has a bit of a problem picking out the right words.

I liked the monkey looking down on his conversation with Margaret - it seemed as though the monkey rolled his eyes and thought he knew more about strategy than they did.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I think that it is likely, given our knowledge of Steph, that she will align with the percieved stronger players on her tribe, given her belief that winning challenges is absolutely necessary. Judd, being a (percieved) stronger player may know this too and may feel quite comfortable that Steph will be loyal to him. He also hit it off with Jamie and Steph much better than he did with the women on his former tribe. A closer relationship with his new tribemates probably makes him safer that being the odd man out in a budding women's alliance from his old team. I just think if he works hard and impresses Steph, she will want to work with him, given her past behavior.
    meh...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Because he sucked as a football player:

To be a Quarterback in the NFL for a significant period of time, even as a back-up, means you are a better quarterback then 99.999999999% of the people in the world and generally an excellent athlete. He was a mediocre player but that is among the elite of the elite not your average Joe.

Snoozin' on the beach
    You guys have got to check out what Brooke has to say on the early morning interview. Apparently it wasn't just Judd that lost them the challenge. She said Steph took 30 tries or so to break the tile ( yet they made it look to the audience that she broke it right away) and that she would not switch out either. Other good stuff that we all knew about Steph all along (that they edit out) but Brooke confirmed it

Check it out

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    You guys have got to check out what Brooke has to say on the early morning interview. Apparently it wasn't just Judd that lost them the challenge. She said Steph took 30 tries or so to break the tile ( yet they made it look to the audience that she broke it right away) and that she would not switch out either. Other good stuff that we all knew about Steph all along (that they edit out) but Brooke confirmed it

Check it out
    And Steph said she was weak? She really hasn't learned anything from Palau. I'm sure she felt all safe in her alliance so she probably didn't care how badly she performed in the challenge. I wish Jeff would call them all out and point out how weak Steph and Judd were compared to some of the others. At least they can't keep making the arguement that they're trying to keep their tribe strong.

+ Reply to Thread