+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

i actually think judd has a chance to go further than rafe when it comes to steph/jamie making all the moves

He aint annoyed with Steph. I think he is just pointing out the facts that it isnt her luck it's her effort. Also maybe he wants her to go home so she can prepare to be on the next season where the Steph show continues.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I can't believe Judd did this. He should have gotten rid of Lydia. He was the deciding vote and he backstabbed his old tribemates. If he makes it to the merge he won't last much longer because the other memebers of his old tribe will target him for being a backstabber.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

To be perfectly honest I like what Judd did as I think it made the season more interesting. It will at least cause some drama with Margaret who seems to be watching everything and weighing when it is right to speak up. I think she is the one to watch in this game.

I think Judd would have better to side with his own teamates as he is stronger than the originals that are left with him on his tribe, but who knows what is going to happen with the other tribe?

It is just a game of questions at this point and I think he made the choice that looked best at the time to him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

The problem I have with Judd's decision is that Brooke actually did decently in physical challenges. Lydia hasn't done as well. It's not going to help the reconstituted Nakum tribe to keep losing. Judd could have voted to boot Lydia without risking irretrievably pissing anyone off who might be on the jury in the future. It wouldn't be that hard to explain why he did what he did to the former Yaxha members. Plus, if Lydia had gone in a tie, the original Nakums would be in control of the tribe. I'm pretty sure the remaining members of the original Nakum tribe will not vote for him if they get a chance on the jury. Add the fact that if they merge at the traditional ten, Judd may be gone anyway unless Stephenie's luck in challenges changes. I would love to see all the footage that explains why Judd was so pissed with his old tribe. Other than him whining about Blake getting babied, we haven't seen anything. Refusing to tap out of tonight's immunity challenge when he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn was just stupid. In my mind, there is no way he's winning this thing. He doesn't have the social skills and self awareness to pull it off.

Just a few comments/opinions.

I think Judd made a decision that, in his view, kept him safe this TC and that would keep him safe at next TC at least ... if pre-shuffle tribal alliances hold. In any case, I think Cindy will go next and then Lydia before Margaret or Judd.

By the way ... I must have missed something, but how did Stephanie figure out that Judd was the one who could be flipped ? Was it just a calculated risk because it was 3 women and one man ? Or was there something "telling" that ID'd Judd as the approachable one ?

As for Lydia's Queen act ... presuming it's a mockery ... I think it could just as easily be mocking Margaret as Stephanie. Margaret remember, has that mother/nurse-knows-best thing going on.

I just realized that now that Brooke is gone, all the people who's names start with "B" are on Yaxha' Also, most of the physically strong guys are on Yaxha' ... as well as strong/competent Danni. Jeff made a comment at last week's TC about the possible folly of voting off the physically weaker ones first. Hmmmm. Was this because he was foreshadowing this situation, or will the challenges now start to emphasise more mental accuity ?

Interesting final 4 would be Danni/Steph/Judd/Brandon
    Last edited by echo226; 10-07-2005 at 03:40 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

You are probably right about what Judd was thinking echo226. The problem is that being safe for one or two weeks does nothing for him at this point. If individual immunity was going to be at stake, I'd think differently. He needs to think long term. Nakum would be crazy to get rid of one of their remaining three guys for a couple weeks.

You may also be right about it being Margaret that Lydia mocks next week. I like Margaret, but she has no trouble speaking her mind. She's also very savvy about what's going on.

Btw, was Cindy on this episode?

I thought Judd voted the way he did to prove to Stephenie and Jamie that he was on "their" side. We heard last week how much Margaret bugs Judd, so it didn't surprise me that he flipped. I was kind of surprised though that Stephenie and Jamie didn't try to form a new alliance with Judd and Brooke, and get rid of Lydia and then Margaret.

I did like how they mixed up the tribes so soon in the game, and I hope they do it again and again. This way, they can't really form alliances, and will have to learn how to have short-term trust in people.

I also think Gary will need to be careful now, since he and Danni are on the same tribe. She definitely knows him, and he'll continue to deny it. Do the others know what she does for a living....sports broadcaster? If they don't, they may think she's just a "dumb" girl that had a crush on a football quarterback.

I don't consider myself a dumb girl, and still have a crush on a NFL quarterback.
    Last edited by jette66; 10-07-2005 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    You are probably right about what Judd was thinking echo226. The problem is that being safe for one or two weeks does nothing for him at this point. If individual immunity was going to be at stake, I'd think differently. He needs to think long term. Nakum would be crazy to get rid of one of their remaining three guys for a couple weeks.
    I don't think Judd is stupid, exactly, but thinking two TC's out might be his version of long term. Judd was feeling very under-appreciated, and Stephanie and company pushed his esteem buttons.

You may also be right about it being Margaret that Lydia mocks next week. I like Margaret, but she has no trouble speaking her mind. She's also very savvy about what's going on.
    I like Margaret too, but she made herself the designated caregiver after the hike, and continues in that mode ... with folks who are no longer seeking care. None of these folks want a Mommy and she'll shoot herself in the foot if she continues. I also think Reality TV might be all nursed out.

Btw, was Cindy on this episode?
    Cindy who ?

By the way ... that picnic must have been interesting with the two odd couples. Wonder if they had time to get/give any info. And Judd flipped almost immediately upon return. Maybe Margaret talks with her mouth full of chicken and Judd was appalled by her manners.
    Last edited by echo226; 10-07-2005 at 04:18 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry to be asking this if it has already been posted but 15 pages is too much to read thru.

Anyway, the previews kept boasting about something happening on this episode that has never happened before. So what was it?? Cuz it looked pretty ordinary to me. Did I miss something??

+ Reply to Thread