+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 9/29 Recap Ė After Awhile, Crocodile

Survivor 9/29 Recap Ė After Awhile, Crocodile

Previously on Survivor, the boys of Nakum were sick & weak, the girls of Yaxha were backstabbing each other. One tribe ate insects and minnows, while the other ate pan fish. And then thereís the whole ďIs Gary a former NFL quarterback or isnít he?Ē debate. We get it CBS, Gary Hogeboom, former NFL quarterback. He ties in with the fact that you can watch the NFL on CBS each and every Sunday. Thereís your plug! But heís LYING to his tribe. Nice image for the NFL. And finally, each tribe has voted a member out, leaving the numbers even on both tribes. Which tribe is going to win a luxury? Which will win immunity? And who will take the Survivor walk of shame? Letís find out!

Social Niceties and Political Prattlings
    Itís day 7 in the realm of the Maya ruins, and Lydia has a bone to pick with a couple of her Yaxha tribemates. Brianna, for one, doesnít seem to work very hard around camp, and isnít all that physical in the challenges either. Lydia, on the other hand, is a very hard worker around campÖbut she forgets that Survivor is a social game as well. Together, these two are like oil and wateróthey just donít mix well. Brian, though, heís a political go-getter. The way he tells it, he should be making deals in Washington for uni-lateral disarmament. Yeah, heís that good. In reality, though, he is claiming full responsibility for Morganís ouster at the last tribal council. He spreads the love around camp, telling Lydia that he has her back, and he convinced the tribe to stop looking at her as their boot choice.

Howler Monkeyís A Good Neighbor Do Not Make!
    Over at Nakum, the ďprizeĒ camp they earned by winning the 10-mile-hike-through-the-jungle reward challenge is actually proving to be a curse. If you havenít guessed it from my section heading, the camp is surrounded by howler monkeys that constantly bark and yell at the Nakum tribe. Poor Judd canít sleep with all the racket, and Cindy, the zookeeper, is trying to explain that the noisiest monkey simply canít find his ďgroupĒ(I think you mean tribe, Cindy) and will keep calling until he hears from one of them. Kinda like when someone who you donít want to talk to keeps calling, and you see their number on the caller ID and just let the voicemail pick it up, I guess. Judd just wants the monkey to shut up, and starts throwing branches around to show off his dominance, I guess.

Building Tents For Indiana Jones
    Itís reward challenge time, and Probst calls the teams in to the challenge area. The challenge requires each team to have a caller, while all the other members will be blindfolded and leashed together in a couple of groups. The caller will lead each group to the parts needed to construct a typical archeologistís tent. Typical, except each tribes tent has their color and name all over it. Once a tribe has all of their pieces in the designated area, they can take off their blindfold and construct the tent. Should be a doozy. Gary is going to call for Yaxha, and Brooke is going to call for Nakum. At stake is a reward of blankets, pillows, a lantern and a bunch of rope. Each tribe starts out quickly, and Gary is getting into the role of caller, remembering his days as a backup quarterback in the NFL. You all remember that Gary used to be an NFL quarterback, right? Nakum is doing pretty well too, but every time her leashmates grab a tent pole, she gets the pole upside her noggin. Stephenie is the big work horse for Yaxha, almost as if she can see through that blindfold. She nabs the last piece of their tent, and Yaxha is suddenly able to see again to start assembling their tent. As Yaxha works on putting this puzzling tent together, Nakum finally gets their last piece and begins assembly of their tent. The object now is to work well together as a team to quickly assemble the tent. Yaxha seems seriously puzzled about how to assemble their tent. Let me give you a clue guysÖthe tall poles go down the middle. Nakum works well together and makes up a lot of ground to make the challenge close. Itís down to who can put the ropes in the right places quickly, and the Nakum tribe must have several bondage experts, as they get everything in place first and win reward.

The Heat Is On!
    After enjoying the fact that they have won 4 out of 5 challenges so far, Nakum is working hard at staying cool. Apparently, itís hot in the jungles of Guatemala. Like, 115 degree heat, and I have to imagine its more humid than the underside of one of Ralphie Mayís fat rolls down there. Most of them just try to lay still in the shade, while others walk down by the lake and scoop water onto their bodies. Eventually, the macho men of Nakum decide that they all must go for a swim in these crocodile infested waters. Yeah, itís risky, but they would give an arm and a leg to cool off right now, so heck, might as well risk it. They all take the canoe out to the deeper waters, where, according to their logic, the crocs are less likely to be. Cindy informs us, though, that crocs need to regulate their body temperature too, and would likely head out to the deeper, cooler waters to do so. Talk about living on the edge! Brandon figures that life is a risk anyway, so he might as well enjoy it to the fullest. They all jump into the water off of the canoe and wave their legs underwater like giant worms for the crocs. Luckily, though, there are no crocodiles to be seen.

Cream CornÖWithout The Cream
    Back at Yaxha, they are treating themselves to another meal of corn mush and water. It looks like cream corn, but with more brown in it than I remember. Brianna is trying to carry her weight around camp by being the camp corn grinder. She thinks she is a valuable asset to her team, because apparently she is the only member who can pound a rock up and down on a pile of corn in a bowl. Rafe is getting sick of the same taste of corn mush everyday. He might even put dirt in with his corn, just for the change of taste. After Lydia discovers a termite nest, Rafe is all over it like white on rice. He and Gary start to get termites onto their fingers and then lick them off. Hey, itís protein at least.

Tarp Wars
    After tempting fate by swimming in the deep end, the Nakum men have decided to play construction, and are going to use some of their newly won rope to tie up the tarp they have for shelter. Margaret, who has nursed these boys back to health, wants to be an extra cook in this soup boil, and tries to get the guys to put the tarp up her way. The boys donít really like having a nurse telling them how to put up a tarpÖthatís manís work. They all let her talk, obviously not listening to a word she says, and then just go ahead and put the tarp up so it looks like a circus big top. Later on in the forest, Bobby Jon and Judd vent to each other about Margaretís bossiness. Yeah, like telling you to rest and drink some water so your eyes donít roll back in your skull again, right Bobby Jon? Did you forget your brush with death that Margaret saved you from? Judd just doesnít like being told what to do. Only his wife and his boss can do that. And every person that asks you to hold open the door for them too. Donít forget them, doorman!

You Want Me To Pick What?
    Everyone on each tribe arrives wearing war paint and generally dressed like warriors. The immunity challenge will be just like a game the Mayan Warriors used to play called Court Ball. It is a team game with catch and pass rulesÖyou cannot run with the ball, only catch it and pass it. The matches will be played by teams of three that are randomly chosen from each tribe, and 1 point is rewarded each match. The first team to score 5 points wins immunity. The first match has Judd, Blake and Bobby Jon from Nakum taking on Brian, Rafe and Jamie from Yaxha. Probst tosses the ball out into the middle to start the match, and everyone goes scrambling for the ball. This game is a regular melee up on the stretched out nets, since everyone is grabbing for the ball and trying as hard as they can to score a goal. Eventually, Brian scores for Yaxha. The next match is two men and woman on each team. After some good passing, Blake scores for Nakum. Itís all women in the next match. Steph and Danni are the stars of their respective teams in this match, while Brianna just stands there holding up one of the poles. Danni scores the go ahead goal for Nakum. The teams scrum hard for awhile, trading points until it is a 3-3 tie. Nakum wins the next point on a Danni ďbreakawayĒ, and they take the lead 4-3. It will be all women teams for this next match. Steph is trying to give instructions to Brianna on how to throw a pickÖbasically a block on your opponent so that one of your teammates can get open for a pass and a score. Brianna has obviously never played any sports before, because this lesson falls on deaf ears. Brianna goes to her regular position making sure the pole isnít falling down, and Danni steals the ball and makes a few nice passes, eventually getting the ball back and scoring the win for Nakum. Danni is obviously the MVP for Nakum, having scored 3 of their 5 points. Yaxha, and more to the point, Stephenie, are headed back to tribal council.

Only The Strong Survive
    Back at Yaxha, Stephenie is feeling the pain that obviously comes from losing all the time. She is sick of losing, and of never getting a strong tribe. Hey StephÖmost Survivors only get one shot at having a tribe at all. Iím just sayiní. The weaker women are all vying for alliance members, as they all know it will be the weakest voted off. Kim has a hurting ankle, Brianna just canít compete physically, and Lydiaís age is showing too. Once they all get to tribal council, Jeff asks the softball questions, and has the audacity to ask if the strategy of keeping the strong players is a good one at this stage of the game. I thought Jeff used to question the strategy of voting off the stronger players at this point in the game? Make up your mind, would you Probst? It comes time to vote, and it is clear that the tribe is still going to hold onto the strong, and cull the weaker members from the tribe. Brianna is voted off in an almost unanimous vote. Iíll bet she didnít see that coming a mile away.

Be sure to tune in next week when one tribe will have a close encounter with a crocodile, and the game is taken to a whole new level. Is that the same thing as a twist? I donít even know anymore.

Have a survival tip for me? mrdobolina@fansofrealitytv.com
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    The way he tells it, he should be making deals in Washington for uni-lateral disarmament. Yeah, heís that good.

Kinda like when someone who you donít want to talk to keeps calling, and you see their number on the caller ID and just let the voicemail pick it up, I guess.

You all remember that Gary used to be an NFL quarterback, right?

Let me give you a clue guysÖthe tall poles go down the middle.

Yeah, itís risky, but they would give an arm and a leg to cool off right now, so heck, might as well risk it.

She thinks she is a valuable asset to her team, because apparently she is the only member who can pound a rock up and down on a pile of corn in a bowl.

And every person that asks you to hold open the door for them too. Donít forget them, doorman!

Brianna goes to her regular position making sure the pole isnít falling down...

Be sure to tune in next week when one tribe will have a close encounter with a crocodile, and the game is taken to a whole new level. Is that the same thing as a twist? I donít even know anymore.
    Excellent job, Dobs, from beginning to end!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Like, 115 degree heat, and I have to imagine its more humid than the underside of one of Ralphie Mayís fat rolls down there.
    Very funny recap, Mr.Dobolina! Great job!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Great job, Mr.D
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member
    Brilliant recap mrdobolina.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Great Recap Mr. Dobolina!!

and I have to imagine its more humid than the underside of one of Ralphie Mayís fat rolls down there.

And every person that asks you to hold open the door for them too. Donít forget them, doorman!

Great recap, mrdobolina.

Judd just doesnít like being told what to do. Only his wife and his boss can do that. And every person that asks you to hold open the door for them too. Donít forget them, doorman!

Very enjoyable recap. Well done, Mr. D

Itís down to who can put the ropes in the right places quickly, and the Nakum tribe must have several bondage experts

Judd just doesnít like being told what to do. Only his wife and his boss can do that. And every person that asks you to hold open the door for them too. Donít forget them, doorman!
    Thanks, MrDob, great recap!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Great recap mrdobolina!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast