+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Week on Survivor (10/6)

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar

Next Week on Survivor (10/6)

In an unexpected twist, members of the two tribes are shuffled.

While one Survivor dangles his feet in the crocodile-infested waters, something nibbles on his toes.

A very close Immunity Challenge leads into a tense Tribal Council that could end with a tie or a major betrayal.
    My speculations:

1. Self-explanitory. I think the shot we were shown where they were writing on paper is from the tribal switch. Maybe each tribe votes (at the same time) the one person they would like to send to the other tribe, and the person with the most votes has to go over. And they repeat the process 3 or 4 times until the tribes are mixed up well. That's one way I think they might go about doing it, since we saw Rafe, Jamie, Lydia, and Steph all sitting together in one shot when Steph said, "Oh my gaaawwwwwwwwd"

2. Gary? We saw that the crocs come out to play at Yaxha. I'm assuming this is before they do the tribal switch, seeing as then we'd know that Gary, Brian, Steph, and Jamie all remained on Yaxha (from the preview vidcaps).

3. Well, it seems as though the team that has 8 members will be the one going to TC, since the vote can end in a tie. I'm assuming that it will be Nakum since they have an extra member right now. The betrayal.. simple enough: 4 members from Nakum and 4 from Yaxha on the tribe. One of the members is going to have to vote against one of their own former tribmates in order for there not to be a tie, thus there being a possibly betrayal.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    In one of the promos I saw, it said "Never happened before". That could go along with the tribal shuffle. And of course, with the words "unexpected twist" in the promos, since I don't think they'd do that for just another tribe switch like we've seen in the past. I kind of like your thoughts:

1. Self-explanitory. I think the shot we were shown where they were writing on paper is from the tribal switch. Maybe each tribe votes (at the same time) the one person they would like to send to the other tribe, and the person with the most votes has to go over. And they repeat the process 3 or 4 times until the tribes are mixed up well. That's one way I think they might go about doing it, since we saw Rafe, Jamie, Lydia, and Steph all sitting together in one shot when Steph said, "Oh my gaaawwwwwwwwd"
    I saw Danni throwing her hands up, so maybe she's sent to Yakha. I also think the betrayal is going to come from someone from Yakha voting against one of their own. The only one from Nakum I could see voting against someone in their tribe is Judd.

The promos show a shot of Bobby Jon, Stephenie, Jamie, and Lydia writing something on a piece of paper, so there's a good chance this has to do with the tribal switch. It seems clear that we're going to see a 4-person switch, with Nakum heading to tribal council and facing a tie vote between the Yaxha and Nakum sides. I can see any of the Survivors turning on the right person, but it all depends on how the tribal shuffle happens.

I'd just like to point out how much I love tribal shuffles. Despite all the twists Survivor has seen, a good ol' tribal switch has always been my favorite. It always creates great new situations and shows who can adapt to the events of the game. It sure beats out tribal pick-'ems and ghost tribes, that's for sure.

JR.
    While one Survivor dangles his feet in the crocodile-infested waters, something nibbles on his toes.
    Here's a bold prediction - nothing will come of this

I remember being so disappointed during the Australia season, when Mike just fell in the fire instead of having a crocodile bite off one of his limbs. I'm pretty sure JR. is right about there not being much to the nibbling part of the preview.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    I'd just like to point out how much I love tribal shuffles. Despite all the twists Survivor has seen, a good ol' tribal switch has always been my favorite. It always creates great new situations and shows who can adapt to the events of the game. It sure beats out tribal pick-'ems and ghost tribes, that's for sure.
    I do, to a point. I think in some seasons they've changed the show for the better (Amazon and Marquesas), for the worst (Africa and Vanuatu), and two seasons that would have been a lot better with the tribal shuffles (Thailand and Palau). Without a tribal shuffle, the game can get very boring and predictable. I think this twist is getting kind of old, and needs a little tweaking. I also hate how it can screw someone over who had the potential to go a lot farther (like the younger Samburu's). I'll agree with out about the ghost tribe. One of the worst ideas they've ever had. The tribe pick 'ems I've never had a problem with. But I think they did them on the wrong seasons. At least with Thailand it had some significance. I would have loved to have seen a tribe pick 'em on AS (without sending anyone home).

Here's a bold prediction - nothing will come of this
    You're probably right. Just like nothing ever came of Hatch's "shark attack" in AS or Robb Z in Thailand being attacked by that dreaded "sea monster". I don't think anyone will be losing a toe in this case. Watch it not even be a croc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I remember being so disappointed during the Australia season, when Mike just fell in the fire instead of having a crocodile bite off one of his limbs. I'm pretty sure JR. is right about there not being much to the nibbling part of the preview.
    You mean I wasn't the only one? I remember thinking "woohoo, someone is gonna get eaten by a crocodile next week".

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    You mean I wasn't the only one? I remember thinking "woohoo, someone is gonna get eaten by a crocodile next week".
    Nope, nope you weren't. The preview was soooo misleading. That's why I'm sure this one is too. I wouldn't mind a monkey chewing off Judd's toes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Nope, nope you weren't. The preview was soooo misleading. That's why I'm sure this one is too. I wouldn't mind a monkey chewing off Judd's toes though.
    We can always hope.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    We can always hope.

If i were to hope... Id have Steph in that vision

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast