+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    Morgan should have seen it coming and made the deal.
    I think Morgan was just too sure that her alliance wouldn't turn on her. She failed to recognize that Gary, being in control of that alliance, could be swayed to keep poor challenge skills over poor work ethic. She was too trusting, and even her closest allies (Brianna and Rafe) ended up turning on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    MB made sure she knew who Gary was, just to spice things up a bit.
    I can see it now...
    In the Audition Room for S11:
    Burnett: So, you're a radio sports talk show host, right?
    Danni: Yup.
    Burnett: And that means you know a lot about sports right?
    Danni: Right.
    Burnett: Excellent. Shows her a picture of Gary playing QB. Do you know who this is?
    Danni: Some old Dallas quarterback?
    Burnett: Yes. His name is Gary Hogeboom. Shows her a current picture of Gary. How about this?
    Danni: I'm not sure. Should I know?
    Burnett: Do you see any similarity between these two pictures? Any at all? Waves them in front of her face. Anything? Anything?
    Danni: I guess that must be an old picture of Gary and the other is a current one?
    Burnett: Welcome to Survivor: Guatemala.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Someone else posted a note about MB or CBS had to have told Danni about Gary seeing as he was so obscure. I can't find the note now but there are other reasons she knows who he is. Maybe back in the day he was a good looking guy and that's why she remembers his face. I'm no sports nut, only watching football but you can bet your boots I remember every good looking guy I see playing football. The face and even team sticks in my mind but it's more along the lines of "the dark haired tall guy with the great ass" instead of a name :

For all we know one of her 7 brothers was a big Gary fan and that's why she knows who he is. I've only got 3 brothers But I know who their fans of going way back. If they hadn't mentioned certain ones, I'd never even know they existed. It might even be possible that a college friend of hers went out with him at some point. She may not have met him but she'll remember who he is. It's a small world and getting smaller. There are perfectly valid reasons why she remembers him. It's no coincidence that they are both on in the same season, no doubt MB was hoping she would make the connection and get drama going. I don't think they would put themselves out there on a limb by giving Danni inside info. Not that they are above that but it's too easy to get caught.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101

I can see it now...
    In the Audition Room for S11:
    Burnett: So, you're a radio sports talk show host, right?
    Danni: Yup.
    Burnett: And that means you know a lot about sports right?
    Danni: Right.
    Burnett: Excellent. Shows her a picture of Gary playing QB. Do you know who this is?
    Danni: Some old Dallas quarterback?
    Burnett: Yes. His name is Gary Hogeboom. Shows her a current picture of Gary. How about this?
    Danni: I'm not sure. Should I know?
    Burnett: Do you see any similarity between these two pictures? Any at all? Waves them in front of her face. Anything? Anything?
    Danni: I guess that must be an old picture of Gary and the other is a current one?
    Burnett: Welcome to Survivor: Guatemala.
    EXACTLY Cable! That's exactly how I could imagine it happening... but you put it into words (and dialogue) so much better than I could.

I've been a sports nut all my life (too many years to mention!) and as a kid, I was a huge Jim Hart fan. Who? Exactly! I wore a Cardinal jersey with his #17 on it and I had pictures and articles from his time with the Cardinals (ah, back in the day when they were the St. Louis Cardinals...). Would I recognize him now? No way. So I think this whole Gary thing smacks of MB interference - there is just no other explanation and in any other circumstance, it wouldn't even be a big issue, except it's being made into one to advance the plot. MB strikes again!

+ Reply to Thread