+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jeff Probst - Host

Jeff Probst - Host

Jeff Probst
    Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst returns for the eighth installment of the phenomenally successful series SURVIVOR.

In October 2003, his feature film debut, "Finder's Fee," was released on DVD/video. In 2001, "Finder's Fee" premiered at the Seattle International Film Festival, where it won the award for Best Picture and earned him a directing award. The film also won the Best Screenplay award at the Method Fest in Los Angeles and the Breakout Director award at the Sonoma Film Festival and was the closing-night film at the Sarasota Film Festival. He was also nominated at the 2003 Teen Choice Awards for Favorite Reality Host.

Probst previously served as host of VH1's "Rock and Roll Jeopardy," and was also the voice of "Raycliff" in the animated television show "Filmore." He also hosted several programs for FX and traveled over 300,000 miles around the world as a correspondent for "Access Hollywood." Prior to that, he hosted a variety of shows for KIRO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Seattle.

Probst is the Collegiate Spokesperson for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation (EGPAF). During SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Probst was instrumental in initiating a very successful relationship between SURVIVOR and Wamba Hospital in Kenya. As a result, Wamba Hospital is now an official Call-to-Action Site and will receive ongoing support from EGPAF, including HIV test kits, HIV transmission drugs, hospital supplies, counseling and education. SURVIVOR continues to support EGPAF by donating props and memorabilia from each installment for auction on eBay immediately following each season finale. To date, the auctions have raised more than $600,000 for the organization.

A native of Wichita, Kansas, Probst lives in Los Angeles when not traveling the world. His birth date is November 4.

I couldn't find a thread for him, so I made one so we could talk about our favorite host!

What's confusing me is this:
    Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst returns for the eighth installment of the phenomenally successful series SURVIVOR.
    Hasn't he hosted since the beginning? I wouldn't know, since I missed up to season 3. I thought he was here since the series premiere

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    Hasn't he hosted since the beginning? I wouldn't know, since I missed up to season 3. I thought he was here since the series premiere
    Yes, Jeff Probst has always been the host of Survivor. You see, the CBS Webmasters have never really been known to be too acurate when it comes to the Survivor site. Probst's bio is a direct copy and paste (minus a paragraph about "Rock and Roll Jeopardy") from the Survivor: All-Stars site. The same bio was used for Vanuatu's site as well as Palau's. It's a safe bet to say we will be seeing the exact same bio on next season's site, complete with "the eighth installment."

Saw Jeff on Nickelodeon

Was flipping the channels yesterday and saw Jeff on some type of teen interview show (TeenNick). He was being asked questions by the Audience (all teens). He was asked wheter he would be able to survive as a contestant which he answered - probably not.

The only other ? I saw was when he was asked what his most embarrasing moment was when he was a teenager. His response (not verbatim) was...

I was with a big group of friends - boys and girls - and went to sit down, and as I was sitting I let out a tiny fart, but it was so lound and everyone heard it and knew it was me.

Thought this was quite amusing, especially because he used the word Fart, instead of something else.

FORT Newbie
    To me, Jeff seems a bit cocky.

Is he still dating Julie from Survivor Paulua (sp?)?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Is he still dating Julie from Survivor Paulua (sp?)?
    Yup. She went with him on location in Guatemala.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Re: Jeff Probst - Host

I found an interesting tidbit about Jeff, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to create a new thread or just find a thread about the host himself. Well I decided on the latter, and let me tell you, it took a pretty long time to find this thread.

And it's funny that the last topic spoken in this thread is about his relationship with Julie because that's just what I wanted to talk about.

Jeff and Julie are not dating anymore. The news is apparently "old" by now (and I put "old" in quotation marks since it's only just a little over 15 days old). But I just read about it today, and I'm not sure if everyone else knew.

Here's the interview where he said so. I really suggest reading it because it's pretty intersting. It's also shocking at some parts (I can't believe some actually stuck up matches up his butt! I wonder who it was though).

Jeff Probst has survived and seen ’em all
    By Ruben V. Nepales
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 00:57:00 03/09/2008

LOS ANGELES—“Survivor” host and executive producer Jeff Probst recently sat down for an interview about his phenomenally successful TV series, which has just been picked up for two more cycles.

A chatty, friendly guy, Jeff talked about some of the interesting yet not well-known elements and incidents in the long-running reality show that he has seen and experienced. Below are excerpts:

What things are the contestants allowed to bring?
    They have a first aid kit that has sunscreen lotion, tampons, condoms (laughter)—because we don’t want any “Survivor” babies. But they use condoms for different things, too. They get creative and realize that they can use the condom to somehow help them survive. Other things like toothbrush—no.

Toilet paper?
    No toilet paper. They go in the ocean. No medication either.

So how well do you know them for just-in-case medical situations?
    We know their medical profile pretty thoroughly so they can’t bring anti-depressants, for example.

They are not allowed to bring anything. We strip search everybody—literally. Because when we did an all-star season, a guy put matches in a little container up his bum. We were watching Richard who is our most infamous survivor of all time. He is now in prison for not paying his taxes on the cash prize that he won on the show.

We decided to make it really hard and not give him flint for six days. Richard was like, “I am not really worried.” Our producers said, “It’s weird.” Suddenly his group had fire. I don’t remember who it was but somebody tracked it down and found this little vial. So we now strip search everyone.

What’s the best part about casting?
    We get like two 8 x 10s strung out lengthwise and it lists every single thing about a contestant’s life. Cars, net worth, where he lives, job, any STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), any augmentation to his body, has he been in therapy, has he been arrested—everything. It’s so invasive but fascinating because it is reality and we want to know about people.

Then we chart them. When it’s done, there will be red, yellow, green and blue dots.

What are the dots for?
    Red means probably not going to get on the show because he is borderline out of his mind. The other dots will tell you things like he’s going to be a great storyteller, will drive drama, quiet—will sit in the back of the pack. You obviously don’t want all red dots. You do want some quiet people, some great storytellers.

Has any contestant been in real danger?
    Our biggest danger was in the second season when a guy literally fell into a fire. He passed out. The criticism was that we’re seeing his skin fall off which meant that a cameraman was still shooting while this was going on. That’s true because (Mark) Burnett (the series’ creator) would say, “You’d better shoot.” If a crocodile comes up and eats someone, somebody better have wide and tight shots of the crocodile’s mouth. But we will also have a producer back there who would immediately radio for medical emergency. So far, we’ve been lucky.

What are some of the gross things you’ve seen?
    We had a guy who had a huge cyst on the side of his neck. The doctors cut it open because it was a boil. Any time, any of our doctors can come in and say someone is out of the game. We had a guy whose bladder, his bowel movement and everything stopped. His stomach was just distended. He was in huge pain. He fought it for like three days. Finally, our doctors came out and told him, “You will die in a couple of days if we don’t take you out (and bring you to a hospital).” So he was taken out.

How did you fall in love with Julie Berry, who was one of the contestants? Did you read her 8 x 10 profile?
    I didn’t know that I was going to fall in love at the time. Later, after the show was over, I asked our psychologist, “What do you think of Julie?” She said, “I can’t really tell you much” and then she told me one personal thing. Sadly, Julie and I are not dating anymore. But it was a good love affair. Honestly, I was so struck by her beauty when she walked in. I threw the paper down. I was like, “I know I’m voting for you to be on the show.”
    Link
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 03-28-2008 at 12:37 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Here's the interview where he said so. I really suggest reading it because it's pretty intersting. It's also shocking at some parts (I can't believe some actually stuck up matches up his butt! I wonder who it was though).
    From reading the following, it sounds like Hatch did it.

They are not allowed to bring anything. We strip search everybody—literally. Because when we did an all-star season, a guy put matches in a little container up his bum. We were watching Richard who is our most infamous survivor of all time. He is now in prison for not paying his taxes on the cash prize that he won on the show.

We decided to make it really hard and not give him flint for six days. Richard was like, “I am not really worried.” Our producers said, “It’s weird.” Suddenly his group had fire. I don’t remember who it was but somebody tracked it down and found this little vial. So we now strip search everyone.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Well maybe it's good he's no longer dating Julie...it leaves him open to date Ozzy who we all know is his TRUE love!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast