+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jeff Probst - Host

Re: Jeff Probst - Host

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3750198;
    Wrap it up at 20 seasons, and with an All-Star edition. Two survivors from Borneo (it's only fitting), and one survivor from seasons.
    You do know season 20 is filmed already and it is an allstars?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3750323;
    You do know season 20 is filmed already and it is an allstars?
    Yes, pawpaw, I do know that. I should have stated that's simply how I would have liked to have seen Survivor go out.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I love Jeff as the host. If they continue without him... I don't know. They will have a tough job trying to replace him.

Has Jeff Probst announced that he wishes to leave Survivor?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think RH renewed Jeff's faith that there are still players out there and he wants to do a bunch more seasons, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3752825;
    Has Jeff Probst announced that he wishes to leave Survivor?
    Jeff very much wanted to replace Regis on Regis & Kelly several years ago but Regis health got better. Jeff started as a " legit" news man and always wanted to get back to a more conventional type of TV.

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3752847;
    Jeff very much wanted to replace Regis on Regis & Kelly several years ago but Regis health got better. Jeff started as a " legit" news man and always wanted to get back to a more conventional type of TV.
    And one that didn't require him to live in assorted hellholes most of the year. Yes, the staff has it better than the contestants, but they still have to deal with the heat and humidity, and often the bugs.

Let's face it, no Jeff would really mean no Survivor. He is the glue to that show! No matter what way you look at it. OT-As for Regis, he will die with his boots on, doing what he loves doing. He is like the energy bunny, just keeps going and going!
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

I would totally watch something that had Jeff and Anderson Cooper together (I remember him from way back in the day with the Mole). That would be hilarious.

Survivor: Samoa -Survivor Samoa's Odds to Win From Jeff Probst EW.com

MONICA
    Why She'll Win:
    Because she never gives up. Monica at least attempted to bring Shambo back into the fold and trick the Foa folk into voting for John.

Why She Won't:
    Because none of those moves worked. Sorry, luckless hot bikini chick!

Probst's Take:
    Monica wins only if she ends up in the final with Foa Foa members. I think Dave and/or Brett would defeat her in the final vote.
    OVERALL ODDS: 30-1

DAVE
    Why He'll Win:
    He has performed well in challenges and is well liked by anyone not named Shambo.

Why He Won't:
    What's his signature move? (And no, silently mouthing the word ''wow'' to himself at Tribal Council does not count.)

Probst's Take:
    If he can find a way to make it to the end, he's just wacky enough that he might pull off a completely unexpected win.
    OVERALL ODDS: 25-1

SHAMBO
    Why She'll Win:
    She went from Galu zero to Foa Foa hero when she switched sides. The impact of that move is undeniable.

Why She Won't:
    The ''yoga-loving 90210'' jury may respect the move, but not the player. Even Shambo's new allies don't seem to think highly of her.

Probst's Take:
    Her betrayal of Galu combined with being on the bottom of Foa Foa makes it tough for her to win.
    OVERALL ODDS: 20-1

BRETT
    Why He'll Win:
    He's made no enemies along the way, which I suppose is what happens when you never speak.

Why He Won't:
    Never has a player made it so far and been shown so little. A winner would never get the invisible edit Brett has. I'm not even sure the other contestants know who the hell he is.

Probst's Take:
    Everybody likes Brett. If Brett makes it to the end, he wins. Period.
    OVERALL ODDS: 15-1

JAISON
    Why He'll Win:
    One would hope the law student would know his way around a jury.

Why He Won't:
    His flat demeanor often seems robotic. Can robots win Survivor? Are they even eligible? And can we please get Robot Survivor into production immediately?

Probst's Take:
    If Jaison makes it to the end, he's capable of a very compelling argument as to why he deserves the million.
    OVERALL ODDS: 10-1

MICK
    Why He'll Win:
    He was voted tribal leader even though he was totally unqualified and did nothing to earn it. Foreshadowing, anyone?

Why He Won't:
    The anesthesiologist practically put us to sleep all season with his (lack of) gameplay. At some point you have to do something.

Probst's Take:
    To win he'll need to face the jury, pull a mask off his face, and say ''I was playing y'all!''
    OVERALL ODDS: 8-1

RUSSELL
    Why He'll Win:
    No one has played the game better. Russell found three hidden idols and got swing vote Shambo to flip.

Why He Won't:
    Should the Super Survivor make it to the end, he will come face-to-face with his own personal kryptonite: one seriously bitter jury.

Probst's Take:
    He could easily make it to finals, but can he get the jury vote? It's either a slam dunk or a shutout.
    OVERALL ODDS: 6-1

NATALIE
    Why She'll Win:
    She is the Amber to Russell's Boston Rob - the nicer, prettier, more easily digestible option for vindictive jury members.

Why She Won't:
    She could still be seen as a mere coattail-rider. Which she is.

Probst's Take:
    She's played a very quiet but effective game. But if she makes it to the end, she will have to work hard to convince the jury that she deserves the money.
    OVERALL ODDS: 3-1

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread