+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jeff Probst - Host

Re: Jeff Probst - Host

I'm a big fan of Jeopardy and they used to have an edition called Rock n Roll Jeopardy. He was the host. That was long before Survivor.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Interestingly enough, Jeff is also an ordained minister. So Bapt, I think. He said that when Amber and Rob got engaged.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3457414;
    I lady that I see at Curves fairly regularly knows Jeff's mother (who lives in Scottsdale, AZ). It doesn't sound like this is a foster mother, but his real mother, with whom he has a good relationship.
    That's what I love about FORT! Always someone with the inside scoop!

Southern Baptist, huh...and he's having people strip for peanut butter and chocolate???

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3457728;
    Interestingly enough, Jeff is also an ordained minister. So Bapt, I think. He said that when Amber and Rob got engaged.
    According to Wiki, he's ordained in the Universal Life church. "The Universal Life Church (or ULC) is a religious organization that offers anyone semi-immediate ordination as a ULC minister free of charge. The organization states that anyone can become a minister immediately, without having to go through the pre-ordination process required by other religious faiths. The ordination application, however, must be checked by a human in order to be official; therefore, true ordination usually takes a few days. The ULC’s ordinations are issued in the belief that all people are already ordained by God and that the ULC is merely recognizing this fact."

It's very different from the Southern Baptist church - no value judgment intended; they are just different.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3460348;
    According to Wiki, he's ordained in the Universal Life church. "The Universal Life Church (or ULC) is a religious organization that offers anyone semi-immediate ordination as a ULC minister free of charge. The organization states that anyone can become a minister immediately, without having to go through the pre-ordination process required by other religious faiths. The ordination application, however, must be checked by a human in order to be official; therefore, true ordination usually takes a few days. The ULC’s ordinations are issued in the belief that all people are already ordained by God and that the ULC is merely recognizing this fact."

It's very different from the Southern Baptist church - no value judgment intended; they are just different.
    AZ, Weikpedia is often wrong. They are wrong about a great many things. As a woman who was raised in the Southern Baptist denomination, I do know the difference between it and the ULC.

That being said, I contacted a couple of sources that I have in the reality community, specifically at CBS, and he is in fact ordained through the Baptist denomination.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Rags, I beg to differ. According to all sources I have been able to locate, he is ordained through the Universal Life Church. Below is just one of the confirmations outside of Wikipedia that I have found:

from IMDb

"On the Survivor: All Stars Reunion show, he offered to marry both Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, claiming he was an ordained minister. Probst got himself ordained in 1999 so that he could preside at his parents 40th anniversary remarriage. He was ordained by the Universal Life Church of Modesto, California. He paid $25.00 for his ordination papers."
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3470250;
    Rags, I beg to differ. According to all sources I have been able to locate, he is ordained through the Universal Life Church. Below is just one of the confirmations outside of Wikipedia that I have found:

from IMDb

"On the Survivor: All Stars Reunion show, he offered to marry both Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, claiming he was an ordained minister. Probst got himself ordained in 1999 so that he could preside at his parents 40th anniversary remarriage. He was ordained by the Universal Life Church of Modesto, California. He paid $25.00 for his ordination papers."
    So noted. I stand corrected. I will check with my sources AGAIN and see what they say. Gotta love "sources". Sigh.
    Last edited by DCBelleonWheels; 05-29-2009 at 11:26 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just have to say that I"m SO glad the final posts of the season are NOT in Coach's thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3475776;
    Just have to say that I"m SO glad the final posts of the season are NOT in Coach's thread!
    LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3475776;

Thanks, I hadn't thought about him in over a week. Now I will probably have a nightmare!

+ Reply to Thread