+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jeff Probst - Host

Re: Jeff Probst - Host

I think I'm too scared to look...

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4131632;
    Photo shop, absolutely! They just put Jeffs head on someone else.
    No it's not photo cropped. He is holding *it* in his hand and he is wearing the bracelet that he always wears. It's all him no doubt about. There is also a picture of Ozzy, not sure what season he was in, if you scroll down further. If you want to see the proof I can email you the link. See for yourself.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4131103;
    I keep reading the rumor speculation that Boston Rob (BR) is being groomed as Jeff's replacement which is why Jeff handed him the microphone for the outro to the commercial during the reunion. I really don't understand the fascination the Survivor people have with BR. Do they really think the viewing audience really adores him that much as to keep assaulting us with his mush-mouthed prescence? Are we on pins and needles just salivating to know the latest ho-hum events of his and Ambuh's lives? They must be that out of touch if they think we wanted to hear Terry Bradshaw's opinion on Jimmy Johnson's opinion of Survivor. Yeesh. I hope that is one rumor that is so not true. I don't think I could watch it and I love Survivor.
    I think the producers are all about doing what they want and, like 99% of other network execs out there, think their audience either agrees that whatever they think is best is, or are too stupid to care. I've heard the Boston Rob replacing Jeff rumor for awhile. If Jeff were to leave the show, they should just hang it up. He makes the show. It's hard to imagine anyone coming in at this late stage and trying to fill in, but I think the worst mistake is hiring a former contestant to do the job. I know they'll play it up like that person has been there, they know what it's like to be on that side of things, and (if it were to be Rob), is good at manipulating the situation and stirring things up. I didn't care to catch the latest happenings in Rob's life, nor did I care to see Terry Bradshaw talking briefly about Jimmy J. I guess even Probst thought this was a dismal season to be spending more time in the audience than with the current crop. Anyway, I also don't get the fascination with Boston Rob. Yeah, he's memorable, but really? The guy only made the finals once in his 3 attempts to play the game, so obviously his way of game play hasn't worked. And the only reason I'd say he made the finals in AS was that he was playing against another tribe of idiots.

I like JP OK, but I definitely think he is replaceable. But I agree NOT with BR, who's accent alone is totally annoying.

But I always though JP was just a lucky dude that happened to get a great gig, that they selected after going through 1000 other potential hosts, just like him. He just happened to be the one to win the lottery.

Have you ever thought about how JP has the BEST JOB in TV history. He makes a million plus per season to essentially repeat about 15 lines over and over again. Here are the lines:

1) Come ohn in guys. (in a subtle mid-western, slightly country accent)

2) Ready to get to today's immunity (or reward) challenge?

3) This is what you covet, the immunity necklace, with it you can't be voted off, you are safe at tribal council and a one in ___ chance to win the million dollars.

4) Survivor's ready!?!?! GO!!

5) ______ (Insert tribe name) WINS IMMUNITY!! (or insert reward for reward challenges)

6) ____ Grab your reward, head back to camp _____ got nothing for ya.

7) Grab a torch and dip it into the flame, the flame represents life in this game, once it is gone, so are you.

8) Time to get to the vote ____ your up.

9) Now's the time to play a hidden immunity idol.

10) ____ the tribe has spoken.

OK so I'm leaving a few out, feel free to insert the ones I'm forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;4133429;
    11. _________________ (explains a challenge) Makes sense?

12. _________________ (describes reward) Worth playin' for?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4133309;
    I think the producers are all about doing what they want and, like 99% of other network execs out there, think their audience either agrees that whatever they think is best is, or are too stupid to care. I've heard the Boston Rob replacing Jeff rumor for awhile. If Jeff were to leave the show, they should just hang it up. He makes the show. It's hard to imagine anyone coming in at this late stage and trying to fill in, but I think the worst mistake is hiring a former contestant to do the job. I know they'll play it up like that person has been there, they know what it's like to be on that side of things, and (if it were to be Rob), is good at manipulating the situation and stirring things up. I didn't care to catch the latest happenings in Rob's life, nor did I care to see Terry Bradshaw talking briefly about Jimmy J. I guess even Probst thought this was a dismal season to be spending more time in the audience than with the current crop. Anyway, I also don't get the fascination with Boston Rob. Yeah, he's memorable, but really? The guy only made the finals once in his 3 attempts to play the game, so obviously his way of game play hasn't worked. And the only reason I'd say he made the finals in AS was that he was playing against another tribe of idiots.
    I think it would be unwise for Jeff to "move on". He's been doing it for so long he's become a Survivor Icon. He's like Bob Barker on The Price is Right or Pat Sajak of Wheel of Fortune. Survivor would most definitely have a different and almost distant feel if there was no Probst.

What a great job it is to live on tropical islands for half of the year and get paid well to do it. Even an imbecile wouldn't give up that job.

He's got a good gig and I believe that he's smart enough to know that so I don't think he's going to go anywhere. People are unpredicatable however.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;4133429;
    It's time to vote. ____ you're up.

I'll tally the votes.

IF anyone has the hidden immunity idol and they wish to play it, now would be the time to do so.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

______, give it up. Once again, immunity is BACK UP FOR GRABS! For today's challenge....

My family loves all the Jeff quotes. Even my 7 year old has the tribal council ones memorized and we delight in hearing him say it, with all the right inflections, just before Jeff returns with the urn.
    I don't think Survivor would be the same without him. But, that's just me. I like consistency.
    Last edited by fijibeachbum; 12-30-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;4134685;
    It's time to vote. ____ you're up.

I'll tally the votes.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

My family loves all the Jeff quotes. Even my 7 year old has the tribal council ones memorized and we delight in hearing him say it, with all the right inflections, just before Jeff returns with the urn.
    I don't think Survivor would be the same without him. But, that's just me. I like consistency.
    I can't believe I forgot the "once the votes are read the decision is final the person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately..."

I knew I was forgetting an important one, just couldn't get it off the tip of my tongue.

Actually, I think Jeff more than paid his dues before he got the Survivor gig.
    He was host of Rock & Roll Jeopardy for a long time, and had other gigs before that, as well. So, I don't think he just fell into it.
    And, I don't think his job is really all that easy. He has to spend an inordinate amount of time awy from family and out in the jungle like the rest, albeit, his "creature comforts" are a lot better. But then, he has to go out in the elements and deal with these folks. I can't see your average host dealing with all that.
    I prefer Boston Rob over Russell - is there even a contest?!!
    But, I really couldn't take a whole season of Survivor with Boston Rob - that would probably end my enjoyment of the show, for certain.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rob as the host would be a let down. As much as I love the guy, I love watching him play the game, not host it. It just wouldn't be the same. I want Jeff to stay, he's an institution, and I personally love how snarky he's become.

+ Reply to Thread