+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

I'd like to see Richard Hatch. If TPTB picked someone completely new, I agree with an earlier poster that Brooke Burke from 'Dog Eat Dog' would be a good choice,

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks
    I'd like to see Richard Hatch. If TPTB picked someone completely new, I agree with an earlier poster that Brooke Burke from 'Dog Eat Dog' would be a good choice,
    Someone else had mentioned her earlier????

And here I was thinking that as soon as they said they were looking for a female that it would go down in shame much like Brooke Burns did. I thought she was horrible with Dog Eat Dog, sorry.

If Jeff has to be replaced, I'd rather it be with a no name person. No contestant rehash, as that can only come off as cheesy. I'd want it to be someone that looks like they have what it takes to survive, and Brooke Burns is definitely a little too much of a high maintenance, prissy-girl for the task.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Another thing to point out is Jeff knows more about Survivor's future than any of us, maybe he's just trying to get out while the going's good.
    That's an excellent point. Even though the ratings are still strong, Jeff may feel like the show is in a downward spiral and he wants to get out while it's still on top. It's not like he needs the money nor the fame. It seems that he just wants to settle down and not work for a while, and enjoy his time with Julie.

Jeff isn't leaving
    He sent a message to Howard Stern that they talked about on the air today.
    He said he is not leaving the show like the rumors have said. His contract is up and CBS has not offered him a new one yet, that is all.
    Jeff is on the show a lot and he actually hangs out with people from the show and they know that the email was from Probst.
    Hmm. I have this dream. I'm driving a bus. And my teeth start falling out. My mum is in the back. Eating biscuits. Everything smells of bacon. It's weird. 'Course then I wake up screaming.

I don't usually watch Regis and Kelly....but Jeff was sitting in for Regis today, so I watched. He mentioned that he is NOT leaving Survivor. That someone wrote an article about it and it's totally not true.
    I'm definately paraphasing, but Kelly said something about the article mentioning him wanting to settle down with Julie and she asked if Julie would go with him...and he said yes she would.
    He did say his contract is up after 12....but that he's not planning on leaving.
    Kelly then went on to say that he just wants more money....and then said, don't ask for too much, you remember what happen to the CSI people.
    They then went on to joke about Kelly popping out of the next helicopter at the next location and being the next host....they both laughed about that, and Jeff commented that it would definately give Survivor some spark.

Jeff was also talking about how he was on a plane and someone looked at him and said, "you know Survivor would go on without you"....

All in all......what I got from it was that Jeff wasn't planning on leaving Survivor.
    I don't know if you can check out Regis and Kelly online anywhere....but that is all I can remember right now.
    ---------------------
    opps....

I think I remember seeing that Julie was with him this time around. Geez, even with 2 shows a year it's not like he is gone from home all the time. It's a pretty sweet gig & I'm sure he is well compensated, But a raise isn't out of the question.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxFisher
    Jeff isn't leaving
    He sent a message to Howard Stern that they talked about on the air today.
    He said he is not leaving the show like the rumors have said. His contract is up and CBS has not offered him a new one yet, that is all.
    Jeff is on the show a lot and he actually hangs out with people from the show and they know that the email was from Probst.
    I heard that as well. What I think probably happened is his agent started the PR story to get the word out there that his contract was up (for negotiating purposes of getting a better one). And then it got blown out of proportion.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Excellent news! I kept on running potential Survivor hosts through my mind and continually came up blank. The thought of a Probst-less Survivor is a dismal one indeed.

The best I could come up with was "Outback Jack's" Vadim Dale. He's the outdoors type, and we wouldn't have to give up our weekly quota of sexy dimples.

Speaking of Probst, he's a candidate for this week's "It List". Right now he's tied with Ty Pennington, so all Survivor fans need to go there and vote for Jiffy. (And bump Kaysar up to #1 on last week's list while you're at it.) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043608/
    Last edited by Qboots; 10-16-2005 at 04:19 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm sure it is far too mutually beneficial to both parties to continue as is for there to be any parting of the ways, but...I wanted to get my 2 cents in as to possible hosts. As to former survivors, there are many that I would be mortified if they got the job, including Hatch and Rob M., but Rob C. or Colby as suggested by others, I could live with. Ethan, maybe, but maybe he's too nice. Hunter, if I'm not mistaken already works for Survivor in some capacity, he would fit the part I think. I think a woman would be a good idea. We haven't seen enough of Danni to know her that well, but she could have potential. Ami from Vanuatu springs to mind. Maybe Mad Dog from Australia?
    meh...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Excellent news! I kept on running potential Survivor hosts through my mind and continually came up blank. The thought of a Probst-less Survivor is a dismal one indeed.

The best I could come up with was "Outback Jack's" Vadim Dale. He's the outdoors type, and we wouldn't have to give up our weekly quota of sexy dimples.

Speaking of Probst, he's a candidate for this week's "It List". Right now he's tied with Ty Pennington, so all Survivor fans need to go there and vote for Jiffy. (And bump Kaysar up to #1 on last week's list while you're at it.) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043608/
    It was hard for me to imagine Survivor without Jeff, and some of the suggestions being brought up were making me more depressed about him possibly leaving, although now that I know he's sticking around curiousity has the best of me as to how Survivor would fare if Jeff did in fact leave. I was beginning to think it was actually going to happen. Glad to see it was nothing more than possible PR spin

+ Reply to Thread