+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

I'm not a Jeff Probst fan, but Survivor without Jeff just wouldn't be Survivor for me. Great to hear that he's not leaving.

Glad he's not leaving either.
    Even though the castaways are the stars of the show, IMO Jeff is the "glue" to the show.
    Easter Bunnies!

I am going to hide so that when this is read I'll be safe ....

(runs away and ducks behind the sofa)

I think Boston Rob would be a worthy replacement for Jeff. I would rather have Jeff there, but I think Rob would do great, he'd call bs where it's needed.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Good thing you're hiding, mom2. Boston Rob as the host of the show? I'd seriously have to reconsider watching the show in the future if that ever happened...

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    I'm glad Jeff's staying. I think he was just dropping these little "hints" that he didn't want to host the show anymore so CBS would get worried and offer him a mucho contract.

Who knows, though? At least we know he'll be around and things are looking towards a positive Survivor future!

It would be hard to see Jeff leave, so I'm glad he's not planning on going anywhere just yet.

However, Jeff doesn't make the show for me. He's a great host, but there are a lot of people out there that are capable of asking the Survivors if they want to know what they're playing for. Jeff just does it better than most.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    CNN had a hand in denying Anderson the opportunity to continue as host of The Mole. So no matter how it came about the end result was the same. The show stunk when the format & host was changed.
    I'm sure that Anderson would not have chosen to stay with the Mole. The job he got with CNN was a dream job for him. The show was put on hold after Sept 11th. It lost momentum and the ratings must have been low so they cancelled it. They then replayed it over the summer but the moment was lost. I always said the Mole was he intellectual version of survivor. It couldn't really appeal to the masses. The celebrity mole was what they replaced it with. A mindless version of the real thing. I'm sure it was a combination of losing Anderson and the low ratings. I just rewatched the first version, I bought the DVD from Amazon for 10 or 15 bucks. My sister who had never seen it before was blown away.

Jeff has asperations as a writer and director of feature length movies. He has already done the film Finders Fee which I think did pretty well in the independant movie circuit. I could easily see that he may want to leave surviovor after 12 seasons. It's always better to leave when you have a hit than when you are at the end of a run.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishbarb
    I'm sure that Anderson would not have chosen to stay with the Mole.
    Funny you should mention that. Anderson Cooper was on David Letterman last night and was pretty much scoffing at The Mole. He only took that job to get out of some other horrible job he had, and ended up not liking The Mole at all.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I think Jeff Probst does a good job....Go Jeff!!

+ Reply to Thread