+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    Of course the audience was shown who Jim voted for in the closing credits. That's bound to happen no matter what the editing wants to show. The point is, the audience could have been shown the vote for Margaret when Probst was reading the votes, and we weren't. It is when Jeff is tallying the votes that the audience is paying the most attention; how the shown votes go determines how this latter part of the episode comes off to the viewers.
    Well then, the viewers are morons. Anybody who doesn't know enough to watch the closing credits, after 11 seasons.........

As far as I'm concerned, the order in which Probst reads the votes at Tribal Council is strictly for the contestants' benefit. Because it certainly isn't for mine.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well then, the viewers are morons. Anybody who doesn't know enough to watch the closing credits, after 11 seasons.........
    Actually, yes, most viewers are morons, but that's neither here nor there. Many of them do watch the closing credits, but that doesn't change the fact that their real interpretation of the episode had already been made based on what they already saw.

Of course, hard-core viewers don't often buy what the editing is selling, and we love to analyze every bit of information possible. But Survivor isn't always focused on the hard-core viewers, but instead the masses that tune in every night to see what "crazy challenge those starving people will have to do" and to see who gets voted off because "they fight too much with everyone else."

+ Reply to Thread