+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by CalGal
    Maybe because Gary stopped playing around the mid 1980's and most of the girls weren't even born yet
    Not to mention the fact that I think "Football Chick" was Danni... and she's not even on the same tribe as Gary. She may have only seen him at a distance. Or perhaps she DID recognize him and hasn't said anything on camera.

Her bio DOES reveal that she's a sports nut: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...io_danni.shtml

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I read some of the bios of these people and was shocked at the outrageous number of contestants that have a twin sibling. This can't be a coincidence. Is Survivor going to pull a BB twin twist?
    Well, itwould be a twist...but I don't think they could just slip the twin in a la BB--after even the first show the contestants would look signficantly more worn and bugbit than their twins. Maybe there will be some later twist at a contest...playing with twins, that kind of thing.
    Re Danni--I agree there's a good chance she will recognize the NFL player once she gets a good look at him (assuming she didn't on the transport to the show site) since she's not only a sports fanatic, she's especially a football fan...and of course sports are her job as well. The longer they are there and the more ragged the contestants start to look though, the more different he will look from his playing days, so maybe not.
    A friend of a friend saw them filming the opening scene when visiting the ruins--it was at the most famous ruins and they had them roped off for the shooting.
    Last edited by PWS; 09-17-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Re Danni--I agree there's a good chance she will recognize the NFL player once she gets a good look at him (assuming she didn't on the transport to the show site) since she's not only a sports fanatic, she's especially a football fan...and of course sports are her job as well.
    I just saw an interview with Jeff taped prior to the premiere where he said that Danni recognized Gary the first day, but was told she was mistaken.

I was still expecting the 2 twists to show up later, but apparently the only twists they were talking about are Steph and Bobby Jon. I guess the remaining surprises would more accurately be described as tortures instead of twists.

Well, all I can say if I claimed to be a sports nut, lets go with hockey since I'm from Canada, and you put on the other team Bobby Orr, or Gordie Howe, I'd definately recognize them.

FORT Regular
    I recognized Gary's real name, but it would take some time to place him (some being relative). I think he really made a crucial error in evading his past. So what if he was once an NFL quarterback - so were many.

I think if he's found out, he's voted out. Once a liar, always a liar.

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keupi
    I recognized Gary's real name, but it would take some time to place him (some being relative). I think he really made a crucial error in evading his past. So what if he was once an NFL quarterback - so were many.

I think if he's found out, he's voted out. Once a liar, always a liar.
    I think that he will be in hot water if they find out that he lied, but since OLN's replaying previous seasons, I just watched Carl voted out of Africa because "he didn't need the money."

I think that Gary could be in the same boat.

Hmmm. Hot water, boats, sorry about any mixed metaphors...
    There's always one in every bunch.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I think Gary was right to lie about his past occupation. And, he isn't the first one on Survivor to do so. Several others have downplayed, or fibbed about their occupations. We have this impression of sports figures as having lots of $$$, so Gary would be in danger of getting the boot "because he doesn't need the million" if he had come clean about his past.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I totally would have lied about my occupation given the number of people in past reality shows that sometimes vote based on "needing the money" rather than the game.

I'm a sports junkie, and I honestly don't think I would have recognized him. Kudos to Danni if she did. Since the Chiefs don't play the Cowboys often...and even when they do, since they are in the AFC and NFC respectively, it's not like they are rivals and you'd have a lot of exposure to their players.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I liked Steph well enough in Palau, but like many of you, I'm not thrilled to see her and Bobby Jon back. I'm not even opposed to reality retreads in general -- I loved Romber in TAR -- but I didn't find either of them interesting enough to merit a second turn. The only thing that made them interesting was how they KEPT losing. It wasn't personality. And I don't think that merits giving them a second chance.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I just saw an interview with Jeff taped prior to the premiere where he said that Danni recognized Gary the first day, but was told she was mistaken.
    You're right. Apparently he just shrugged it off, saying people mistake him for Hogeboom all the time.

I'm wondering why they didn't show Jim's vote against Margaret at tribal council. It isn't like Burnett's editors to do that. Normally they would show two votes for Jim, then the one for Margaret, to make the viewers momentarily think there might be a male vs female alliance.

I also wonder about the choice of bringing back Steph and BJ. I would imagine that Mark Burnett and company plan the seasons out well in advance. It's possible that their original plan was to bring back the two players from last season who were cut on day one. But since Wanda was such an overwhelmingly unpopular person, they had to think of something else to do.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread