+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I really don't feel that there was too much Bobby Jon or Steph. I mean Bobby Jon got sick so they had to focus on him and Steph and Gary took the leadership role on Yaxha so we saw them more.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

FORT Regular
    Big fan of Bobby John and Stephanie but am disappointed they were brought back. They had there chance already.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea..Bobby Jon and Steph, sure they were good players last year.. but why do we need to see them again?!
    Seriously, used players are a downer (IMO).
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    those weren't leaves blowing around the ants and special camera angles - - those were actual leaf cutter ants. Too cool!
    Challenge or not, had I come across those leaf cutter ants I'd have had to stop and check them out. Just one of the many reasons I'll never be on Survivor.

My take; Jim had to go, but I'm on board with those that think Bobby Jon and Steph need to go first. I'm sorry things didn't work out for them last season. I REALLY like both of them, but they had their chance. Time to wait for the next All-Star season. These groups look perfectly capable of surviving with the help of BJ and S.

PS: I LOVE nurse Margaret. My favorite player so far.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think that they didnt have a lot of options for a "twist". They have already done an all star survivor, so only last season would have people who wanted/were able to come back. Also, I think that Guatemala is going to be one of the more physically demanding and dangerous environments that they have placed the survivors in - as was seen the the premier with all of the injuries that have all ready occured as well as the multiple cases of dehydration/vomitting/diarrhea. They will need help, at least for the first little while. If the players are wise they will get rid of them before the merge, but AFTER the suck as much information/work out of Steph and BJ as they can. I think if the two of them make it to merg they will dominate. I love Steph and would like to see her win, but there hasnt been any other character development for me to pick one of the other survivors to root for...tho I am partial to the nurse
    Save the monkey!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elusive
    If the players are wise they will get rid of them before the merge,
    I'm not sure they can wait. We know from past seasons that MB will change the game on a dime. We've seen tribes shuffled mid-season in the past. I'd toss them at the first reasonable opportunity.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    PS: I LOVE nurse Margaret. My favorite player so far.

We're on the same page, Uncle David. I also like the zookeeper chick (Cindy?).
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Professional athletes are so funny. When you watch them on TV, they do not seem big (because of all thier massive teammates). When you see them in real life .. or among normal people, they are like giants.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Challenge or not, had I come across those leaf cutter ants I'd have had to stop and check them out. Just one of the many reasons I'll never be on Survivor.
    I'm SO totally with you on that!! I KNOW I'd be voted out because I'd be the wierdo who is chasing down the tarantulas and inspecting ant hills.

"Umm..I vote for Maveno to leave because, well, she just plays with the bugs all day and that's just gross".

Oh, and that Mayan ruin.. who WOULDN'T have been all over that thing already? Damn, I'd already know the ins and outs of the deepest darkest crevice of that thing. Fascinating to say the least.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fanatic
    So,I'm not trying to be contradictory, but I enjoyed this first episode even though I thought it was kind of boring.I'm just so ready for Survivor after watching this season of Big Brother.Out of 4 people left on BB, I can't stand 3 of them, so I'll be glad when it's over.

Survivor is just a much harder game and that alone lets me admire these players more.An 11 mile hike is a damn long way even without the terrain thse guys had to endure. I wonder if they went a little too far, making them do this right at first.But it was really something to see everyone finish it.

I hope everyone that got sick will spring back and be able to compete in good health. Too bad for the old guy but really what is a man that age doing trying to compete with people in their prime? I'm sure that there are people who could, but he looked like he just wasn't fit enough to do it.The only way an older person like that would be able to comptete is if they made the challenges less physical and I think people wouldn't like that.

Steph was a good choice to bring back, I liked her before,Bobby Jon,so-so but I don't hink either of them has a chance to make it far.

+ Reply to Thread