+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

This was an absolutely awesome premier with what I think a great cast on the whole... I on the contrary think that both Stephanie and Bobby Jon have a shot in this game. Sure they have a target on their backs since they are returning players but for some reason i don't see them being voted off, period.

I'm rooting for Bobby Jon's tribe mostly based on first impressions and the 11 mile trek that they conquered. I see this team dominating the challenges like Koror this season but only if they're able to get their men in their best physical shape as soon as possible. However, with Blake still severly sick after the whole tree incident, I just can't see that happening yet, hopefully things will change soon for them.

I was really worried at seeing Bobby Jon's eyes roll back that way and for one I thought he had to wihdraw from the game ala Michael Skupin.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

What's reality???
    Only the big macho men who overdid it got sick. They only proved that they cannot Outwit, so they won't be able to Outplay.

I think Stephanie has a chance until the merge. I think there may be some other worthy women to root for though. The nurse seems very smart - but it's a shame that she's being called out now to show her strengths, which may make her a target later.

All in all - I was riveted - it was an intense first episode - I'm glad we're back!!!!

Snoozin' on the beach
    What's with Jim voting for Margaret?What an idiot. There were at least 3 other guys that were sick and a liability and he votes for Margaret...someone who made the trek just as well and did not get sick and took care of those that were sick!! I didn't like Jim from his bio anyway, glad he's gone

Best premier episode ever. I think and it might just be my opinion, but did anyone else notice that Bobby Jon and Blake were really sick and then what with one night of sleep they are fine and can all out compete again??? They didn't even look pasty. I'm thinking there is some help for the ones that got really sick, over the night, becuase to bounce back during a commercial is crazy.

My show on global cut out and I didn't get to see Jim speak or who voted for who?

Cable, I know you watch with great intensity can you give me the details.

thanks.

Man, I guess its just me. I am annoyed by Steph and Bobby Jon coming back. I liked them alright last year but I don't need them again this year. I feel like its the "Stephanie La Grossa Show" with Steph FINALLY winning an immunity, FINALLY not having to go to tribal council. I hate to be a cynic but I don't agree that she got "screwed" or deserves a second chance. I think she had a fair shot, even go to the jury last year. It's debatable, but thats just how I feel.

The rest of the episode was interesting, I missed the first 10 minutes so I'm looking forward to a recap. The hike was a good way to start the show, and the immunity challenge looked really tough. All the people look the same to me except Steph and Bobby Jon of course, Gary, and Margaret. So far no favorites, or tribe to root for. Can't wait until next Thurs already!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Covaleskie
    Hey elusive,

Since you are a nurse and all, would you say that this looks like severe dehydration, or could they be sick with something (malaria comes to mind)?

Once again, surely they were immunized...
    You don't immunize someone against malaria, they take pills and there are some more resistant strains of malaria out there that the pills may be less effective for. Having said that, I'm somehow doubtful that malaria would hit that quickly. I think it was dehydration and electrolyte imbalance and perhaps hyperthermia.

Stephanie is one of my favorites of all times but I just don't want to see former anyone on any reality show.

I love that Stephanie is back, Bobby Jon not so much, but Stephanie is a kick-ass girl. She really deserves this shot and I think she is a great addition. Plus the bonus part is that it gives us someone to cheer for from the first episode.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by guide54
    I think it was dehydration and electrolyte imbalance and perhaps hyperthermia.
    Having spent some time in the jungles of Central America through two tours to Honduras with the Army, I would say you are 100% correct. I am certain that none of the players knew what they were getting into as far as this harsh environment and the guys are sick now because they vastly over estimated the appropriate work load. They worked themselves to near death by carrying so much food and not nearly enough water. It would not be too much for them to have one of those bota bags of water every hour, not a single bag for the whole trip. Quite literally, they were killing themselves.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by meagann99
    I love that Stephanie is back, Bobby Jon not so much, but Stephanie is a kick-ass girl. She really deserves this shot and I think she is a great addition. Plus the bonus part is that it gives us someone to cheer for from the first episode.
    I like Bobby John from the first episode -- I think he will get some fluids over the next couple days and will be good to go in a few episodes. I also like Gary Hogaboom in this -- how exciting to have him as a player!

+ Reply to Thread