+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Survivor season 3 on OLN

Survivor season 3 on OLN

Just started to watch Africa. The teams seem to be equally divided between the 20 somethings and 40 somethings (Lex being the only 30 something at 38).
    My initial impression is; what idiots dump 2 big bottles of water in 120 degree heat??

Is Africa where MArk Burnett introduced the tribal switch??? Because it is heavy.

Oh, and Why are people incredible stupid and alienate themselves immediately, aka Frank. Not being part of the group means you will be voted out first chance.

BTW does anyone know why the challenge was shorten from 42 days to 39???
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-13-2005 at 02:08 AM.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    A big dumb idiot, that's who. Yes, this is the season of the first twist. That Reward/Immunity challange was even tougher than I remembered. Bearcata, it sounds like this is your first time watching Africa. What are your takes on the various personalities? Did you watch Survivor All-Stars? If so, you're familiar with Ethan, Lex and big Tom. This season had it's drama...hope you enjoy it.

Just saw your last question. S1 was 39 days. Outback was 42. Every season since then has been 39 days. Someone on these boards surely has an answer as to why Australia was longer. I don't know, but I've always guessed that perhaps the production waited a day or two to see if Mike might make it back, but really, I never have know the answer to that.
    Last edited by lopevian; 09-13-2005 at 02:11 AM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Yeap, this is my first time watching Africa. Frank stands out as a possible irritant to the other tribe members. In real life I might want someone like him to help me survive, but he has his tribes back up already and that is not good. Although, in a stituation where I need to becareful of lions, leopards etc and need to build the bomba or is it kraal; I can build and talk at the sametime. Was it Kimmi who had a I do it when I feel like it attitude. Hope the lions eat you instead of me because you were too busy socializing instead of gathering materials to build a wall to keep them out. Also, Clarence, I guess he can't count, doesn't understand English, or figures because he has a nice set of abs the concept of only one cherry does not apply to him. I must admit it was a wonderful bit of editing seeing the 'death ray looks' his tribe mates were giving him.

What impressed me was a tribe actually made fire with out Jeff's help. A survivor first and only???

I just saw Diane smile. She lied about the beans. Well she saved her ass.

I didn't know they was a rule about the food??

Boy, Tom has a nasty side to him and Ethan sure jumps in.

Whats with the markings on Clarences' face, his luxury item???

Just caught the end, I guess falling down on a challenge is worst then stealing the tribes food. Bye Bye Diane.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-13-2005 at 03:11 AM.

This is my first time watching Africa too. I know who the winner is but have no clue as to 2nd on back. I enjoyed last night's show and will keep watching. After seeing Ethan on ASS, I'm surprised by how outspoken he is. I like Kim. Am really surprised by how dumb I think Frank is being by not making any friends and think Tom is just funny.

I just finished watching Survivor Outback - didn't see it first time around either. Loved it. I do miss the food survival part of the show. Now it seems like there's a picnic every episode. It's not as much "live off the land", at least it seems that way to me. I'd give up my luxury item for food in a heartbeat.

Love this board!!

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Add me to the list of first-timers for Africa! I've heard that viewers didn't care for this season as much, but I think it looks awesome! (Based on the first episode alone). Like KKelly, I know who wins, but I have no idea how the rest of it plays out, so I'm really interested in watching!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I just saw Diane smile. She lied about the beans. Well she saved her ass.

I didn't know they was a rule about the food??

Boy, Tom has a nasty side to him and Ethan sure jumps in.

Whats with the markings on Clarences' face, his luxury item???

Just caught the end, I guess falling down on a challenge is worst then stealing the tribes food. Bye Bye Diane.
    Yes, Clarence brought along face paints as his item. I had to feel for Clarence. Even though I believe both he and Diane were at fault with the bean incident, I think Diane was more to blame and set him up. She knew she was gone so why not at least cast someone else in a bad light to maybe get people to turn on them. After Clarence and the cherries, she knew she found his weakness in food Why Kim J thought it would be a good idea to dump water over food (especially when they're in the desert. People have gone hungry before on Survivor even with food provided. ) and why no one stopped her I'll never know. I never found Africa or the cast to be as bad as others did, although after the merge it got a little dull. The first challenge was a good one. I didn't care much for Samburu when the show first aired so I was sad to see Boran lose it, and couldn't believe Diane went down like that.

Another valuable Survivor lesson, DONíT STEAL FOOD! Once Clarence took that second cherry the game was over for him. He could win every team and individual immunity, make the final two, swear to give every cent to charity and he would still lose. Like Big Tom said, They may forgive, but they donít forget.

Iíd forgotten how beautiful Brandonís eyes are! Pity he has such an annoying voice.

The one thing I noticed about the opening...those that were leading the way to their camp carried little, but continually griped to the others to hurry up that were carry heavy loads.
    There's no place like home!

boy what a bad location, that water is nasty!!!!!!!!!!

i'm liking boran so much better than samburu right now

the old folks on the red team are annoying

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast