+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Survivor season 3 on OLN

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I kind of like Frank. I think he is rough around the edges but he is interesting.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I remember when this season first aired I thought; if I'd been Frank et al the night of Doc’s elimination, I would have put this ultimatum to the 'kids':

"We three are going to throw the next immunity challenge. If, when we go to tribal council, you vote Lindsey off we'll come together with the remaining three and work to make this a strong tribe that can go into the merge with 6 players. We'll then pick off the Boran tribe. At that time we can resume our battle for the ‘sole survivor’ position. If you don't vote Lindsey off we'll throw each immunity challenge and you'll go into the merge with only 4 tribe mates. That way you'll have no chance at all at the 1 Million dollars.”

“With us you have a shot at the million dollars, without us we all lose. Let us know what you decide.”
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    I remember when this season first aired I thought; if I'd been Frank et al the night of Doc’s elimination, I would have put this ultimatum to the 'kids':

"We three are going to throw the next immunity challenge. If, when we go to tribal council, you vote Lindsey off we'll come together with the remaining three and work to make this a strong tribe that can go into the merge with 6 players. We'll then pick off the Boran tribe. At that time we can resume our battle for the ‘sole survivor’ position. If you don't vote Lindsey off we'll throw each immunity challenge and you'll go into the merge with only 4 tribe mates. That way you'll have no chance at all at the 1 Million dollars.”

“With us you have a shot at the million dollars, without us we all lose. Let us know what you decide.”
    Wow, Uncle David, I like the way you think, what I great strategy.

FORT Regular

Gen X Brats

This is my first time seeing this season and after the episode where Lindsey throws her tantrum and the rest of her crew act like total spoiled brats, I was soooooo happy to see the remaining 'elders' stick it to clueless Silas!!!

This group of little tyrants are so obnoxiously self-centered and rude that I will relish each one of them being voted off, just hope it comes quickly!

I've only seen three other seasons of Survivor, but can't believe I'll ever see a group that is more embarassingly childish than these four. They wouldn't have lasted a day without the other half of their team and what thanks did they ever give for it?

Wow, this tribe (okay, half of this tribe) need a serious reality check. What a bunch of lay abouts, and the smugness is truly irritating. PLEASE let one of them do something truly spectacularly stupid enough to be voted out.

I'm so glad they are re-airing this, I only started watching at the end of the Twila/Chris one and appreciate that I can be catching up.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    Lex did not make Africa boring; that was due to the boring location more than any member of the cast.
    Yes, that's the other reason whay season 3 is my least favorite season. Hated the location, hated the water hole, hated the enviorment, hated everything about the campsite. At least in the other survivors, the enviorment was doable. In S3, the enviorment wasn't doable at all. I was very dissapointed with S3. I thought at least they would get to camp in the jungles of Africa when I first saw the previews for season 3. Might as well camp at a desert, because that's exactly what they're doing!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David

I had the same thought -- but I guess it's just too hard to throw a challenge like that.

I watched Africa before, but in bits and pieces. Seeing on OLN, I'm reminded why I stopped watching for a while -- Samburu.

I can't stand the split, and I can't stand the idea that any of those whinny "Gen Xers" could win.

Click to see Spoiler:
    But now that I know they don't win, I'm so happy to get to rewatch from the beginning!

(I finally learned how to put in spoiler tags )
    There's always one in every bunch.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    The thing about Africa...it was boring. They were too afraid (rightfully so) to ever venture outside their boma's, except when absolutly necessary, like when Jeff told them too. The personalities are annoying yawners for the most part. Silas is too sure of himself, Frank is a narrow minded lump of wood, Lindsey is a child. Boran has a more likeable tribe, but Lex screwed all that up with his egocentric paranoia. Overall, I really did enjoy Africa, but it was BORING!! IMHO.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Newbie
    I anyone reacording this on DVD? I am but messed up episode one and need it

I am recording S3 on DVD, but I didn't get OLN until episode 3. Sorry, I can't help you.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread