+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Survivor season 3 on OLN

FORT Fogey
    I like Lindsey; she rocks the challenges. I absolutely couldn't stand the older group the first time and I still can't stand them. The only ok one is Teresa, but I don't like her because of GBA. I was very happy when Lindsey won the tie breaker.

Silas is the hottest Survivor ever...until Bobby Jon. Mmm hmm I'd rewatch the episodes with him over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Doesn't anyone think Lindsey a tad paranoid and caused alot of the disention as she does not come across very forgiving????
    Lindsey was just an overly-emotional and rather bitchy young woman. Getting 4 votes in a season where ties were determined by previous votes really rattled her. She's the kind of person that would over-react in the real world to such a political and social situation, so just imagine how she would react to the same situation presented to her in the harsh conditions of Africa. I absolutely hated Lindsey, as did many viewers. Of course, the editing helped with that. Notice how Teresa and Frank seemed much more likeable than Carl or Linda. Coincedentally, Teresa and Frank ended up making it farther than Carl or Linda. Editing back then was very obvious, and if one analyzed it enough, they could accurately predict how upcoming boots would pan out.

At first I was surprised at the lack of comments about Lex during my absense, but now that I think back on it, I suppose Lex wasn't too comment-worthy until after the merge. He sure picks it up at that point, however.

Yeah, after the merge, the boards i bet will stop talking about Gen-X and start talking about Lex. Lex is definitely one of the reasons way this season just stinks!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I absolutely couldn't stand the older group the first time and I still can't stand them.
    That means you dont like Lex & Frank, right. After all, Lex is in his 30s.

The only ok one is Teresa, but I don't like her because of GBA. I was very happy when Lindsey won the tie breaker.
    GBA?! What does that mean? Game Boy Advance?

Silas is the hottest Survivor ever...until Bobby Jon.
    He might be hot, but I loved it when he got his comuppance!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    Lex is definitely one of the reasons way this season just stinks!
    *Africa "Spoilers" Ahead*
    Wait, he is? I thought it was quite the opposite. Sure, Lex's ranting and raving about slicing the throat of the person who voted him out ended up with Kelly getting the boot that she definitely didn't deserve (I liked Kelly). But it was still good television. Plus Lex was the one person who was constantly playing the game and trying to ensure that he would win. Not only did he get himself in the right alliance, but, unlike Tom and Ethan, was doing everything he could to get himself a spot in the final 2, and ultimately win over the jury. He ended up being somewhat of a physical powerhouse when it came to challenges, and really played a rather impressive game, though he had as many paranoid-driven weaknesses as the next guy. Lex did not make Africa boring; that was due to the boring location more than any member of the cast.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I like Lindsey; she rocks the challenges. I absolutely couldn't stand the older group the first time and I still can't stand them. The only ok one is Teresa, but I don't like her because of GBA. I was very happy when Lindsey won the tie breaker.

Silas is the hottest Survivor ever...until Bobby Jon. Mmm hmm I'd rewatch the episodes with him over and over again.

I loved Lindsey, and think the environment she's in was why she acted the way she did (both being in Africa and being on a tribe that was pretty much divided on day 1). She even said after the show that the camera men would get her talking about her family, her boyfriend, and her dog and how much she missed them to get her to cry, then have her go into why she hated the Samburu elders. She also said that getting the 4 votes wasn't as big a deal as they made it out to be. Carl didn't bother me, but between him and Lindsey I'm glad he got the boot. I wish it had been Frank that had gone instead of him (at least Carl had a personality). Teresa was okay but too much of a follower. She was sweet, but boring. I think they tried to turn her into another Tina and it didn't work very well, imo.

Lex is definitely one of the reasons way this season just stinks!
    I didn't have a problem with Lex at first. So that I don't give anything away to those who haven't seen this season yet, I'll give my reasons later why I couldn't stand him after the fact. But I will say after this season I viewed him almost as nutty as Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Teresa was okay but too much of a follower.
    *Again, Africa Spoilers*
    T-Bird was one of the few older contestants that was always trying to keep herself around and strategize to ensure she was not the next one gone. She slipped UTR when she was on the wrong side of the tribal split at Samburu, but she was always doing what she could post-merge to land herself in a better place in the tribe. Remember when she was the last remaining Samburu, fighting for her life against the Boran tribe? I've seen too many Survivors that just laid down and let themselves be voted out when the odds were completely against them to not admire Teresa's attempts at sticking around. Instead of giving up, she did what she could to try to get Lex to turn on Tom, breaking up the Boran alliance. She wasn't able to pull it off, but at least she tried, which is more than many past contestants can say. The first few seasons of Survivor were all about sticking to your alliance, which makes anybody seem like a follower of sorts. Still, Teresa was one of the few who knew what she had to do when her alliance failed.

so glad linda is gone!!!!!!!!!

kim on boran annoys me, and i'm not sure why

Lindsey is lucky that after that wonderful bonding moment she went thru after getting 4 votes didn't geet another 3 when Linda was voted out. I do hope that Frank and Theresa continue to give Silas and Lindsey more votes. Silas reminds me of a less appealing and even slimier Richard Hatch. What I liked about this episode was that even tho the Gen xers has the majority they still couldn't sway the older folks votes. ha ha. If this tribe continues this way I hope the last older group member breaks all the grouds before they leave for tribal council. After all water isn't that important to the fab four and they do need their beauty sleep.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    *Again, Africa Spoilers*
    T-Bird was one of the few older contestants that was always trying to keep herself around and strategize to ensure she was not the next one gone. She slipped UTR when she was on the wrong side of the tribal split at Samburu, but she was always doing what she could post-merge to land herself in a better place in the tribe. Remember when she was the last remaining Samburu, fighting for her life against the Boran tribe? I've seen too many Survivors that just laid down and let themselves be voted out when the odds were completely against them to not admire Teresa's attempts at sticking around. Instead of giving up, she did what she could to try to get Lex to turn on Tom, breaking up the Boran alliance. She wasn't able to pull it off, but at least she tried, which is more than many past contestants can say. The first few seasons of Survivor were all about sticking to your alliance, which makes anybody seem like a follower of sorts. Still, Teresa was one of the few who knew what she had to do when her alliance failed.
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. But
    Click to see Spoiler:
    aside from Teresa voting against Lex with Clarence and then trying to sway Kim P., Frank, and Brandon to vote with her and Kelly (even though I think that was more Kelly's doing) I don't consider her a great schemer or strategist, and she did seem to me that she just waited for her number to be up once she knew there was nothing she could do.
    So I do view her as a bit of a follower.

+ Reply to Thread