+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Survivor season 3 on OLN

One thing about All Stars, where I first saw Tom and Ethan, Tom was very laid back and Ethan ineffectual, totally lacking in personality, making me wonder how on earth he won Africa.

Now watching Africa, Tom and Ethan seem to be the strongest personalities on the Boran tribe. Tom comes across as a bit of an angry red neck. He really is giving it to Clarence. Ethan looks great here. Currently, ala Kill Reality he wears his hair too long, it looks good in Africa, now it just looks out of control.

I must admit that both Tom and Ethan are being brutal about who they cut during tribal council.

Who are the two that Tom says the rest of the tribe is carrying???

In Australia, during one of the last challenges , Jeff went over the fact that keeping covered prevents dehydration, well I guess that this bunch of people didn't listen to that part of the survival training. Do they have access to sunblock, I wonder why these folks are not being burned to a crisp.

Does anyone know the origin of the survivor theme song, what it is based on????

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I am a big fan of this season. I thought the challenges were brutal and the cast was interesting though there was a decent sized group of people I did not like. I am a fan of Boran. I remember who won but I do not remember who was the other person in the final two.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    One thing about All Stars, where I first saw Tom and Ethan, Tom was very laid back and Ethan ineffectual, totally lacking in personality, making me wonder how on earth he won Africa.

Now watching Africa, Tom and Ethan seem to be the strongest personalities on the Boran tribe. Tom comes across as a bit of an angry red neck. He really is giving it to Clarence. Ethan looks great here. Currently, ala Kill Reality he wears his hair too long, it looks good in Africa, now it just looks out of control.

I must admit that both Tom and Ethan are being brutal about who they cut during tribal council.

Who are the two that Tom says the rest of the tribe is carrying???

In Australia, during one of the last challenges , Jeff went over the fact that keeping covered prevents dehydration, well I guess that this bunch of people didn't listen to that part of the survival training. Do they have access to sunblock, I wonder why these folks are not being burned to a crisp.

Does anyone know the origin of the survivor theme song, what it is based on????
    My guess is Diane, Kim J. or Jessie, since those are the 3 weakest on Boran. In one of the vids on the site, Kelly talked about how Tom didn't think she was very strong when it came to performing in the challenges and hoped he paid more attention to what she did around camp. The survivor's are given a medical kit each season which contains sunblock in it. I'll give credit to Boran, at least they were thinking smart when it came to voting. They may not have trusted Clarence but at least they recognized he could be more of an asset than Diane.

boy was i glad that dentist got kicked off

his generation gap thing was annoying me

usually i side with the older group than younger, but not in this season, the older people on samburu are so annoying!!!!!!

and i really didnt need to see that kim on boran in her thong

Hmm... I can help on a couple of the unanswered questions:

In Season 2 (Australia), the game format was changed from 39 days to 42 days. In both formats, the 12th person was voted off on Day 36. On the 39 Day format, the Finale episode covered Days 37-39, with people eliminated on Days 37 and 38, and the Final Tribal Council on Day 39. In the 42 Day format, a 13th (not including recap) episode covered Days 36-39, with the 13th person being voted out on Day 39. The Finale episode then covered Days 40-42, with the 14th person being eliminated on Day 41 and the Final Tribal Council on Day 42. It was a disaster, entertainment-wise. There just isn't enough to make Episode 13 entertaining enough in the 42 Day format, so they reverted back to the 39 Day format. Short version: "Ratings".

Other tribes have made fire without help... kinda. Samburu, as well as Maraamu and Rotu (the tribes from Season 4, Marquesas), were able to make fire with the use of a lens provided in their tribe's supplies.

The Survivor Theme Song is "Ancient Voices", by Russ Landau. The theme for each season is based on the original (used for Season 1, Pulau Tiga), with a few add-ins or changes to reflect the location or theme of the season. For examples, the bullfrogs for Australia, the different lyrics for Africa, the grunts for Marquesas, the gongs for Thailand, the pipe flutes for the Amazon, the cannons for Pearl Islands, all of the above for All-Stars, and the extened length for Vanuatu and Palau to allow for time to show briefs clips of each of the contestants (18 or 20 instead of 16) during the opening.

The tribes are supplied with certain medical supplies, such as sunblock, bug repellent, condoms, in a medical kit of which the general viewing public tends not to be aware. Additionally, all contestants must be medically cleared to continue in the game daily, so some of the most genuinely life-threatening things the contestants face are often wildlife (snakes, spiders, lions...) and lightning.

I just got OLN yesterday which means that I am going to tape every episode of Survivor and keep an archive of seasons 3-7 on DVD. I can't wait for season 4 to come, because that is the season that I will shine on! But until then we have season 3, which is my least favorite season of all 10 seasons!

I remember episode 3 very well. We have a lion attack on Boran and a divided Tribe on Samburu. It seems like all the "Generation-X" alliance wants to do is to relax, eat and be merry. Its such a shame they have control of the tribe.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    boy was i glad that dentist got kicked off
    I was glad too. I don't like Carl or Linda at all. I DO however like Frank & Teresa.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I didn't like Carl that much or Linda and being part of the X-gen he made me mad. That being said I thought the younger group on Samburu were lazy and sneaky. I didn't like them at all. I thought it was a really nasty thing to cook big portions for themselves while the other part of the tribe were out getting water for everyone.

Doesn't anyone think Lindsey a tad paranoid and caused alot of the disention as she does not come across very forgiving????

I agree completely about Lyndsey. She is one of my least favorite Survivors ever.

+ Reply to Thread