+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 'Survivor' winner Hatch indicted for tax evasion

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 'Survivor' winner Hatch indicted for tax evasion

Since I'd never watched CA I went and checked out the cast threads for the celebrity seasons. I'd only ever heard of the bigger names who participated, but was surprised by some of the gets the Donald was able to cast. Just surprised me some of those people would take part. But like DWTS and any other star-reality show I've watched, there were at least half of the cast I'd never heard of. Makes me wonder, though, why Hatch? His golden days of Survivor were a long time ago, and his tax problems are old news. I might tune in just to see how he interacts with Trump. That might be interesting. I forgot he was some corporate exec, too, back in the day.

Govt recommends jail for "Survivor" champ Hatch - Yahoo! News

Govt recommends jail for "Survivor" champ Hatch
    By ERIC TUCKER, Associated Press Eric Tucker, Associated Press 1 hr 39 mins ago

PROVIDENCE, R.I. Federal prosecutors in Rhode Island are recommending a jail sentence for "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch for violating the terms of his supervised release.

Hatch served more than three years in prison for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million prize he won on the debut season of the CBS reality TV show.

A judge this month said Hatch violated the terms of his release by failing to file amended tax returns for the years 2000 and 2001.

Prosecutors said in court papers Monday that Hatch should return to jail. He faces a maximum of two years behind bars, or the remainder of his supervised-release term.

Hatch has said he didn't refile his taxes because he has an appeal pending with the U.S. Tax Court. His lawyer has a chance to submit her own recommendation.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

When will it ever stop with Richard Hatch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Hatch always has an excuse for everything. It's funny to picture him as the cocky fat corporate guy that sat up in a tree in the first episode ever of Survivor and tried barking orders at people. Now he doesn't seem to have a handle on anything now. Interesting that this is coming up now with his appearance on Celebrity Apprentice coming up. It'd be funny to see him make the final 2 and have Trump hire him via satellite from his jail cell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011