+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TV Commercial...possible spoilers!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    So excuse me if this a fairly obvious observation, but that tidbit said Steph and Bobby Jon were coming back to "outwit, outplay, and outlast." There had been speculation they may have another role outside of being an actual contestant but does that confirm that they are actual contestants? If it does, Guatemala may be worse than I'm thinking it will be. I loved Steph and Bobby Jon on Palau, but if they want to bring them back, do another AS where they won't have such a huge target on their backs. If they are contestants, MB better have something up his sleeve to make sure they stick around, otherwise this twist may be a huge flop.

Quote Originally Posted by dustparticle05
    Confirmation that Stephanie and Bobby Jon ARE returning... TV Guide spilled the beans. http://online.tvguide.com/special/fa...p?pagewanted=2 Scroll to the Survivor: Guatemala preview.
    Not only that, but I have heard that the TV Guide Guatemala preview stated that Stephenie and Bobby Jon would be competing (I have not seen it yet myself). Competing. Not appearing, not helping, not participating, but competing. There just has to be more to this twist. If the original 16 show up, and Probst announces that Steph and BJ are joining them, I'll be very dissapointed. There's got to be more to it than that.

Apparently the TV Guide preview also reveals the IC challenge for the first episode. I'll have to stay away from "TV Guide Preview Analysis" posts; I don't want the majority of the first episode to be ruined for me.

EDIT: You know, I was thinking about it, and Stephenie and Bobby Jon aren't necessarily targets at the first TC. Sure, there will be people there who will realize that the easiest boot is to get rid of the players who already had a shot. But there will also be those who want to give them another chance. And there are those who think they'll need Steph/BJ's strength in upcoming challenges. And, most importantly, there will be those who see both returning Survivors as a great final 2 partner. I wouldn't be surprised if Rafe pulls Stephenie into his alliance, just as I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby Jon fits into whatever strategic plans pop up on Nakum. I guess I won't really mind this twist too much, assuming BJ and Steph pull off some strategic moves.
    Last edited by cable101; 09-05-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    So excuse me if this a fairly obvious observation, but that tidbit said Steph and Bobby Jon were coming back to "outwit, outplay, and outlast." There had been speculation they may have another role outside of being an actual contestant but does that confirm that they are actual contestants?.
    It also said they would be back in "some capacity" ... which makes the wording of that piece ambiguous.

KYLIE AND MIKE RULE ALL!! RiddleMeThis's Avatar
    If they do come back, we all shouldn't be worring they are most likly to get the boot before the merge. Even though i would love for steph to make the merge.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    ~*I would love to see both of them make it to the merge but I agree. They will suffer from the same thing all the winners did in ASS. I hate to admit it but I wouldn't have wanted the winners from ASS to win again. That being said I don't think I would feel that way about Bobby Jon and Steph. I would probably want to keep either of them around for a bit becasue even though they were on the loser team they are both strong.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

FORT Newbie
    I know it isn't possible, but the profiles of the 2 people shown in the commercial look just like Eric and Maggie from Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by dustparticle05
    What if they are part of the game, but not in it to win it? IIRC the Maya's had leaders within their groups. So what if Stephanie and Bobby Jon are there to play the "leadership" role of their tribe? They can't be voted out, but they can't win either. Maybe they will be allowed to cast votes when their tribe goes to Tribal Council? Or maybe they will just be thrown in the group with the others and have a shot again. Who knows.. we'll just have to wait and see.
    I TOTALLY agree with you Dust...that would be the best. Now dodn't get me wrong...when I first heard about them returning, I WAS ESTATIC!!! However, as mentioned in the previous posts, there were many people that got jipped (including Mike, the gut that caught the pig, but then fell in the fire). I think if they want to bring back past contestants to play, then have an all star Survivor again. Having said that, Steph was one of the TOUGHEST players in Survivor history (next to Boston Rob of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen
    Having said that, Steph was one of the TOUGHEST players in Survivor history (next to Boston Rob of course!)
    Wait, Rob was tough? How so? I understand if you're a fan of his, but I'm curious to know how you can describe him as "tough." Remember how Rob couldn't handle the fafaru in the second immunity challenge of Marquesas? He lost that challenge for Maraamu because he couldn't beat Neleh in eating the meat. Doesn't seem very tough to me.

By the way, I don't think Stephenie was very tough either, personally, but I understand why people may think that simply because she was the last remaining member of Ulong.

Okay, maybe I worded that wrong. Maybe I should say "strong". When I said tough I meant tough to beat. You can't say that they were both strong players. (even as arrogant as Rob was)

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    EDIT: You know, I was thinking about it, and Stephenie and Bobby Jon aren't necessarily targets at the first TC. Sure, there will be people there who will realize that the easiest boot is to get rid of the players who already had a shot. But there will also be those who want to give them another chance.
    Do people competing in contests for a million dollars really think like this? This sounds like a fan's perspective, not a competitor's. If someone on the show had this point of view, with apologies, I'd think of them as kind of dumb. As a fan, it's a perfectly valid POV for you, but not terribly realistic for them.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast