+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TV Commercial...possible spoilers!

A new commercial now confirms two past castaways are returning, one male and the other female.

i saw the commercial and was really curious...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Well, I guess it's been all but confirmed then: Stephenie and Bobby Jon are returning to Survivor. Interestingly enough, there are rumors that there will be even more returning players. Again, their role in the game is unknown. We should end up having some interesting twists this season regardless.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Oh brother. Bobby Jon or not, if Rupert, Fairplay, Romber, or Hatch show up I'm clicking this season off and not turning it back on (and I'm sure there's more I don't care to see again, those are just names off the top of my head). What is it with these shows anymore? First TAR has to start cross casting from other shows, then Big Brother has to drop the contestants not knowing each other and bringing in exes, family, and friends, and now Survivor is bringing back former players. I wouldn't have had a problem if Steph and Bobby were put on a tribe and actually participated, even though they were probably screwed if that happened. But I'm betting it's something other than that if possibly other contestants show up. Perhaps Burnett is tired of seeing the strong and interesting contestants voted off early so he's bringing in these so called leaders to try and set them straight over what's good for their tribe.

Commercial says 2 of the most popular all time survivors

I thinking

Colby and Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by DamonVictor
    Commercial says 2 of the most popular all time survivors

I thinking

Colby and Rupert
    Yeah, but didn't the commercials say that All-Stars would have the best and most popular players of all time? And we ended up getting people like Amber. Sorry, but the ads are going to play up anything that happens as bigger than it actually is. Besides, the commercial shows the shadows of a man and a woman when mentioning returning Survivors. Last time I checked, neither Colby nor Rupert were women.

If Rupert appears on my T.V. screen during any episode of this upcoming season, I will begin to cry and wonder why MB has forsaken me so.

By the way, the first episode of Survivor: Guatemala is entitled "Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise." The "Big Trek" portion most definitely refers to the 11-mile hike that both tribes take once they arrive on location. "Big Trouble" could mean just about anything, but it's probably referencing problems with people getting along, or difficulties with surviving the wild. "Big Surprise" is a clear reference to Stephenie and Bobby Jon returning to the game. Either that or it has to do with Brianna actually not being an annoying b*tch. Yeah, the former seems far more likely.
    Last edited by cable101; 09-03-2005 at 01:47 PM.

I had read that the "Big trouble" portion refers to people getting sick and wiped out from the hike, with Nakum taking a particularly hard hit. It would make sense, 11 miles is no joke and it isn't just a hike, it is a race.

-shikigami

Quote Originally Posted by shikigami
    I had read that the "Big trouble" portion refers to people getting sick and wiped out from the hike, with Nakum taking a particularly hard hit. It would make sense, 11 miles is no joke and it isn't just a hike, it is a race.

-shikigami
    This is a very likely possibility. However, I have a feeling that this "trouble" won't end up being very "big." Some of the Survivors may end up having trouble with the hike, but I'm sure they'll all be over it by the time the first Immunity Challenge rolls around.

I can't imagine people having enough energy for Drama after an 11 mile hike.

-shikigami

I hope no past contestants come back. You can't come back in Survivor as your game/strategy is now known. Why do you think Amber won All-Stars? She was a non-factor in her first appearance so she was underestimated, or at least no one thought much about her and allowed her to squeak by. Everyone now uses the Richard Hatch alliance strategy, rendering him useless. If BobbyJon and Stefanie come back, they are already known as physically strong players and will likely be voted out mid-game or merge after the need for their physical strength has lessened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast