+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jeff Probst: Profile

Jeff Probst: Profile

JEFF PROBST
    (Host of SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON)

Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst is set to return for SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON when the sixth installment of the phenomenally successful series premieres this spring on CBS.

Before “Survivor,” Probst served as host of VH1’s "Rock and Roll Jeopardy" for four seasons. Probst was also the voice of “Raycliff” on the animated cartoon, “Filmore.” Early in his entertainment career, he helmed several programs for the FX Network and traveled over 300,000 miles around the world as a correspondent for the syndicated entertainment news show, "Access Hollywood." Prior to that, he hosted a variety of shows for KIRO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Seattle.

In 2001, Probst completed his feature film writing/directing debut, "Finder’s Fee." The film premiered at the Seattle International Film Festival where it won the award for Best Picture and Probst also earned a Directing Award. In addition, the film won the Best Screenplay award at the Method Fest in Los Angeles, the Breakout Director award at the Sonoma Film Festival and was also the closing night film at the Sarasota Film Festival in Florida.

Thanks to the critical success of “Finder’s Fee,” Probst was also selected as one of 2001 “Ten Directors To Watch,” by American Cinematheque, an organization that showcases ten of the most innovating and exciting new directors from around the world.

Probst is the Collegiate Spokesperson for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation. During SURVIVOR: AFRICA, he was instrumental in initiating a very successful relationship between series and Wamba Hospital in Kenya. As a result, Wamba Hospital is now an official Call To Action Site, and will receive ongoing support by EGPAF including HIV Test kits, HIV Transmission drugs, hospital supplies, counseling and education.

Probst, a native of Wichita, Kan., currently lives in Los Angeles when not traveling the world for “Survivor.” His birth date is Nov. 4.

It might be just me but Jeff looks very skinny in that photo. Surely, he had better food than the survivors.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

The profile CBS released for Jeff and Mark was not accompanied by photos, so I took some stock photos for them. They are probably not from this season.

I never really liked Jiff much until last season.

I loved the way he admonished the S5 Survivors for making stupid decisions and for breaking the rules in the pirate RC.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I adore Jeff. To be honest, I've liked him since S1, but my respect for him has grown.

The moment he turned it all around is when he looked at the tribe after they just voted out Hunter and essentially told them they were idiots.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread