+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivor Guatemala: Who goes this week?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Survivor Guatemala: Who goes this week?

Operating under the theory 'it's never too early to have an opinion' (informed or otherwise) I nominate Morgan McDevitt as the most likely to be voted off in the first episode.

I also submit Jim Lynch's name in the event [mod edit] tribe goes to council.

And I submit both names if they decide to off two members in the first episode.

Discuss!
    Last edited by John; 08-14-2005 at 01:42 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

You may want to edit out the name of the yellow tribe, as I recently found out that is considered spoiler information. Just refer to them as "Yellow Tribe" and "Blue Tribe" for now.

As for my predictions, I see the yellow tribe (Blake, Brandon, Brooke, Cindy, Danni, Jim, Judd, and Margaret) winning the first immunity challenge. The blue tribe (with Amy, Brian, Brianna, Gary, Jamie, Lydia, Morgan, and Rafe) will be sent to tribal council, where Brianna will become the first one voted out of Guatemala. Amy is other candidate for eviction from the blue tribe, and if the yellow tribe goes to tribal council instead, look for Margaret to get the boot.

Of course, all of these predictions will probably be tossed out the window as I have a feeling we're treated to a "twist that changes everything" in the first episode.

One more scenario occurs to me. What if they change the rules this season so the tribe that wins immunity gets to vote someone from the opposing tribe off ‘the island’? In that case I think Jamie Newton goes first.

Now THAT'S a twist that would completely change the game.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 08-15-2005 at 02:34 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    One more scenario occurs to me. What if they change the rules this season so the tribe that wins immunity gets to vote someone from the opposing tribe off ‘the island’? In that case I think Jamie Newton goes first.

Now THAT'S a twist that would completely change the game.

That WOULD be an interesting twist. Although I don't think they would/should do a whole season like that- it would take away lots of the tribal council drama and in-camp conflict if you knew you weren't voting each other out for the first six weeks or however long.

But that twist could definitely come into play during one round- maybe in episode 4 or 5, so the tribes get a sense of who the leaders of either tribe are.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    What about the twist they had last season, where the winning tribe gets to give immunity to a member of the losing tribe for that particular tribal counsel? THAT would shake things up!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

(Note: I know no spoilers)
    Well, as tradition demands, the first person out is an assertive loud woman who tries to put everything and everyone in order.

So lets say.... Amy. A big policewoman. She knows how to organise the camp, she knows who isn't pulling their weight.
    What she doesn't know is that those things aren't important. What is important is to make friends and allies, and avoid making the others resentful.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    Well, as tradition demands, the first person out is an assertive loud woman who tries to put everything and everyone in order.
    1. Sonja (no)
    2. Deb (check)
    3. Diane (nope)
    4. Peter (not even close)
    5. John (still no)
    6. Ryan (uh, no)
    7. Nicole (not really, but I suppose kinda)
    8. Tina (no)
    9. Brooke (n-o)
    10. Jolanda (ding, ding, ding)

So I wouldn't really say tradition demands the first bootee be an anoying, bossy, over-assertive woman. However, the bootee is usually someone who won't be very helpful in the challenges or failed at the last challenge, and who doesn't fit into the group. Sometimes only one or the other. Sometime, neither (Brooke).

Anyway, my point is, no tradition demands Amy will be sent packing. Nonetheless, I think she will be an early boot, though I think Brianna will go before her. And with me thinking Margaret follows, it seems women have the disadvantage in this game. That may be true early on, but I think they make up for it by having a clear advantage later in the game. Right now, we're tied up with our winners, 5 males, 5 females. Which will take the lead after this season? And how did I get so off-topic? We'll find out in due time (or maybe not, as far as the second question is concerned).

Ya know you're absolutely right.
    I'm thinking of other early bootees, like Mia. Completely forgot alot of the totally forgettables that got the boot first.

Apologies.

My early boot pick is Lydia and will probably be due to lag to finding the campsite, maybe whining or tripping etc.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    I nominate Morgan McDevitt as the most likely to be voted off in the first episode.

I also submit Jim Lynch's name in the event [Nakum] tribe goes to council.
    With a 1000 batting average I'm done making predictions this season.

+ Reply to Thread