+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What's with this group? (Guatemala) **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    Because of the lack of good-looking guys? Is that really your driving motivation for watching the show? It seems to me that you can pretty much watch just about anything if you're simply looking for cute guys. I know the amount of good-looking women has nothing to do with my watching Survivor. It seems strange to me that this would be the case for someone else.
    Hmmm, well, I agree with your post . . . however, I doubt that the good-looking women have nothing to do with your watching. Let's see, a season with Tina, Maralyn, Kathy, Scout, Janet, Mama Pat, Big Kim (Africa), Linda, and Jolanda -- all "older" women, not a young, taut, modelly body in the bunch -- would you be watching that? Maybe, but would you be enjoying it? (There were more I could have chosen, so you can switch out and add in any that you think it would make more interesting, like T-bird or whoever you like.) Maybe YOU would watch, Cable, but I bet you'd be complaining. Of course, the males would all have to be from the older side of the spectrum too. Personally, I think I would find it fascinating, perhaps because I am now middle-aged. But I bet you wouldn't like it, and I KNOW the vast majority wouldn't like it. And I could be wrong, I might not like it either!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Hmmm, well, I agree with your post . . . however, I doubt that the good-looking women have nothing to do with your watching. Let's see, a season with Tina, Maralyn, Kathy, Scout, Janet, Mama Pat, Big Kim (Africa), Linda, and Jolanda -- all "older" women, not a young, taut, modelly body in the bunch -- would you be watching that? Maybe, but would you be enjoying it? (There were more I could have chosen, so you can switch out and add in any that you think it would make more interesting, like T-bird or whoever you like.) Maybe YOU would watch, Cable, but I bet you'd be complaining. Of course, the males would all have to be from the older side of the spectrum too. Personally, I think I would find it fascinating, perhaps because I am now middle-aged. But I bet you wouldn't like it, and I KNOW the vast majority wouldn't like it. And I could be wrong, I might not like it either!
    Well, I do know that ratings would drop as far as the general viewing audience goes. But I for one wouldn't care either way. Of course, quite a few of the older women aren't very interesting strategists, but if the cast consisted of T-Bird types, I would love it. It would also be interesting to see how the challenges worked, but that's irrelevent. If the cast is interesting, I couldn't care less what they look like. Now, I know that's not the case for the general Survivor viewer. I just have never understood why someone would watch Survivor if they're not interested in the strategic or survival elements of it. Isn't that what shows like America's Next Top Model (which I've never seen before in my life) are for?

JR.
    Well, I do know that ratings would drop as far as the general viewing audience goes.
    If they did drop, I don't think it would be much. Everyone I know that isn't a fanboy/girl watches for the game, not eye candy. I couldn't care less about what the contestants look like, I want people that will play the game.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelC
    I can't find a hot guy in the bunch...
    I don't know about that!! Brian's a good-looking guy!!

Well, I do know that ratings would drop as far as the general viewing audience goes. But I for one wouldn't care either way. Of course, quite a few of the older women aren't very interesting strategists, but if the cast consisted of T-Bird types, I would love it. It would also be interesting to see how the challenges worked, but that's irrelevent. If the cast is interesting, I couldn't care less what they look like. Now, I know that's not the case for the general Survivor viewer. I just have never understood why someone would watch Survivor if they're not interested in the strategic or survival elements of it. Isn't that what shows like America's Next Top Model (which I've never seen before in my life) are for?

Couldn't agree more with what you say, cable101. I'm there to watch the challenges and the interactions as they compete. I don't watch the model type shows either.

FORT Newbie
    Hmm, all model-like? I don't know about that. I don't think Judd is "pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by SandJamPanda
    Hmm, all model-like? I don't know about that. I don't think Judd is "pretty."
    ...I don't think anyone has really been commenting on this cast being full of models, but quite the opposite. The pre-show complaints (which is what this thread consists of) were regarding the lack of any ethnic minorities in the cast. Of course, I think they're proving themselves to be quite a good cast, as some (*cough*me*cough*) predicted. I don't care if we never have eye candy on this show again, if it means every cast will be full of characters like these. None of the remainding contestants are especially good-looking (there were very few to begin with), but I've enjoyed these last few episodes more than I've enjoyed any Survivor episodes in quite a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456