+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's with this group? (Guatemala) **possible SPOILERS**

Do the competitors really matter? I always get a tribe to root for, and then I root for some individual people. I seem to always find people to like and to dislike, just like on all of the other reality shows.

I think the competitors absolutely make or break the season- not just individually but how they interact as a group. They are what really make each season unique, no matter what twists Mark Burnett et al throw into the show.

I have high hopes for this season- I think Rafe, Judd, Danni, Margaret, Gary, and Lydia especially have potential to be really enticing characters (for better or worse).
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I think the competitors absolutely make or break the season- not just individually but how they interact as a group. They are what really make each season unique, no matter what twists Mark Burnett et al throw into the show.

I have high hopes for this season- I think Rafe, Judd, Danni, Margaret, Gary, and Lydia especially have potential to be really enticing characters (for better or worse).
    Yay, someone who I agree with completely. Good seasons are almost always made by good casts, simple as that. Pearl Islands was a great season because everyone was constantly pulling off different moves in order to make it further in the game. Amazon was another great season because most of the case was just entertaining to watch. When the cast is boring, seasons like Thailand happen. The interesting people left early, and by the time the game was halfway over, there was no one very interesting to watch left around. The cast is always extremely important in the entertainment value of any season.

I think every member of Guatemala's cast seems to be pretty entertaining. I can't say how Jim and a couple others will be, but for the most part, the cast seems interesting. I know people are complaining that this new cast isn't culturaly diverse enough, but I think they definitely make up for that with their seemingly-interesting personalities. I think we're in for a good season.

Kao
    I think I'll be subversive and vote for the 2 older guys. Hopefully they won't get voted off right off the bat. And I like the idea of them living in caves. What really sucks is that "Everybody Hates Chris" comes on at the same time, my VCR is broken and I don't have TiVo si if I do catch it it will be the last half hour.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Kao, where are your priorities?

This is a pretty pale looking bunch. I'm just going to trust MB like shikigami said. I want an interesting and entertaining survivor player, I don't care what color they are.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    Sometimes, the cast can be better than you think. I don't put alot of weight into what I read in bio's. People have really surprised me. Someone I thought I would never root for, was the one I ended up liking the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    What I noticed when I went to cbs site and read their bios is that at least 3 of them have twins. Important? Probably not. Just an observation.

I think that is interesting. A big brother twist?

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality
    I think that is interesting. A big brother twist?
    I think most of us sure hope not. For those who don't know, the show Big Brother had 2 twins switch on and off during the course of the season which for a show like Big Brother they may have needed it but for Survivor it would be.... lame.

Tribe switches, Male vs. Female, marooning with a machete and that's all, fun stuff! But what makes Survivor so awesome is the social interactions and the games people play with eachother. Were they to add some gameplay that has nothing to do with Survivor would really piss a lot of people off. It would come off as nothing more than petty ratings grabbing B.S. I know most of the Survivor watchers are not the hard core fans that many of us are, but I am relatively sure that switching twins would only seem like a cheap gag, something that starts the downhill flow of a successful series.

On the other hand, it would be awesome if they used the twins in some other capacity, a 3rd team, in challenges, something of the sort, and besides I think the types of people who go on Survivor (contenstants) are not the type who would want to be switched out for their twin. Let us hope so!

-shikigami

FORT Newbie
    yup I'm only attracted to only 2 of the cast and not very much, theres just no boston rob's in the group

but I'd say that 6 or 7 of them are reasonably goodlooking, just not my type, eg the females

can't say I'll be to interested in this show

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi*gal
    can't say I'll be to interested in this show
    Because of the lack of good-looking guys? Is that really your driving motivation for watching the show? It seems to me that you can pretty much watch just about anything if you're simply looking for cute guys. I know the amount of good-looking women has nothing to do with my watching Survivor. It seems strange to me that this would be the case for someone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast