+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's with this group? (Guatemala) **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I think the Nakum women are going to kick the Yaxha women's collective @$$- all the Nakum women are strong and physical players with wavy/curly hair compared to their straight-haired rivals.

On the Nakum tribe, Jim has quite the age barrier to surmount in relating to his tribemates- he's probably older than many of their fathers, although I wouldn't be surprised if he bonds with Danni. Margaret may also discover she has little in common with the other women on her tribe, who might bond with each other and Blake to oust her if push came to shove.
    I agree with both of those. I see Nakum winning the first 2 immunity challenges, where Brianna and Amy will be booted. Gary will emerge as a strong physical leader with Lydia at his side. Rafe will be close to (everyone, really) Morgan and Brian as well as Gary, which will merge the age gap there. Jamie may end up as being a bit of an outsider (same goes for Brian) but they will be grouped together with Gary, Lydia, Rafe, and Morgan.

Eventually Yaxha will have to win immunity, and Margaret will be the clear boot. I can see Danni, Blake, and Brooke getting together with Judd and Jim, leaving Brandon, Cindy, and Margaret on the outside. Margaret will be the clear first boot, as she is the least helpful of the three in challenges.

As the tribes head to tribal council, Jamie and Cindy will end up going because they just won't get along with the rest of the group. The final pre-merge boot will end up being Gary, because his tribe will realize that he's too much of a physical and mental threat once the merge hits. Lyndia will be left out of the decision, unless she proves to be more duplicitious than she looks.

As we merge at 10, Nakum has the numbers advantage. Morgan will end up going before the jury, for any reason (use your imagination). But this is when people start to realize that Blake is a bit of a threat, and a bit too cocky for his own good. With a unanimous vote (maybe minus Danni) Blake is ousted as his own tribe decides he can't stay any longer. Rafe proves to be the bridge between the tribes.

With the first member of the jury decided, Brandon is sliding into the background. He, Jim, and Lydia are under the impression that Danni is next to go, as she was on the outside of the Blake ouster. In a 5-3 vote, however, Lydia is sent packing (we'll say Brandon has immunity) because she could win a jury vote with ease. With 7 remaining, Brian finally emerges as a schemer. Realizing his chances are much better with Jim and Brandon, he pulls Brooke over to his side by convincing her that Rafe, Danni, and Judd are all too tough to beat. Brooke turns on her alliance, and Judd is booted.

Danni and Rafe are now left scrambling, and at the mercy of Brian, Brooke, Jim, and Brandon. Danni is booted at the next tribal council, though Rafe turns on her with the vote. At the final 5, the tribe realizes Brandon is getting too many challenge wins. He doesn't have immunity at tribal council, and the others decide he needs to go.

It's down to a final 4 of Rafe, Brian, Brooke, and Jim (imagine that, my initial impressions on who would make it to the end). No one is a real physical threat, but Rafe goes because the others know he's just too charismatic to face in the final 2. Brian wins the final immunity challenge, and takes Jim to the final 2. The jury isn't too bitter (except Blake), and they realize that Brian played a much better game than Jim, who simply was used as a pawn vote. In a 6-1 vote, Brian wins Survivor: Guatemala.

Once Brian and Jim are actually the first two boots of the season, I will retract my previous statements, and will proceed to make new ones. After all, since when am I right?

Rab
    Cable, you have a lot of time on your hands. But I did read your posts and you've got some interesting observations.

The thing that bothers me the most is how the tribes are split. Nakum has most of the older folks and Yaxha is fresh-from college hicks. This division sucks.

Here's a scorecard I made (the previous ones were made by someone else) for this season. This should help those of you who need a quick reference and those playing the Survivor Fantasy Game on the CBS site. It's not very good, I'm afraid, but here it is anyway:

Thanks, Cable101!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Nice job, Cable!

Anybody else remember watching Hogeboom play for Dallas?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Watched him play for Dallas and Indy and I must have caught some games of him in Arizona, though I can't remember. He was mainly Danny White's backup, elevated to main dude a couple times, nothing spectacular but considering it was the N.F.L. not pop warner, he is a true athlete. I like that he said he wasn't going to tell people his last name while in Guatamala

Also, he watches Survivor, he knows the game. Might be fun.

-shikigami

cool! Thanks!

I can't find a hot guy in the bunch...

Here's a second scorecard (I hate using that word for this) for your viewing pleasure. Again, I really wish I was better at this...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelC
    cool! Thanks!

I can't find a hot guy in the bunch...
    I agree... I'm very annoyed that I don't have even ONE piece of eye candy this year! I think they deliberately went the non-agency route, as there are only three women that I would deem pretty as well.

Here's hoping they look a little bit better once they're dirty.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'd have loved it if they DID go the non-agency route, but I don't see it -- this group looks like it's half model-wannabes to me. Even if I personally am not attracted to any of them.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast