+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Rafe

I think they changed the format to protect Stephenie from her haters (like me) who would give her nothing but 1's.

FORT Regular
    Was so impressed by Rafe's vocalization of how hateful Jamie's goading was...nice to see a man with a conscience playing this game.

Let's hope he makes a big play in the upcoming weeks...Esperons que c'est le cas.

while rafe may be a nice guy.........

i just dont think he has the "balls" to win this thing......

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    Was so impressed by Rafe's vocalization of how hateful Jamie's goading was...nice to see a man with a conscience playing this game.

Let's hope he makes a big play in the upcoming weeks...Esperons que c'est le cas.
    Well it was a good speech, but in the end he didn't have the fortitude to stand up for what he said. Him speak with forked tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Well it was a good speech, but in the end he didn't have the fortitude to stand up for what he said. Him speak with forked tongue?
    Exactly. I would have more respect for him if he stood behind his words...instead of tucking tail and doing what the evil three wanted him to do.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

CCL
    Yep, I agree with the above. I was thinking about it, and maybe Rafe thought it would be a tie (if he went over and voted for Jamie and the other 5 kept voting for Brandon) and so he was worried about what would happen with that. Did anyone ever get him and Cindy together to talk about voting for Jamie?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

While I agree that from an ethical standpoint, Rafe should have voted Jamie out, from a strategic standpoint, it was a no-brainer to evict Brandon. Although the current tribes split along 6-4 lines (now 6-3), the "old" tribe lines are split 5-5 (now 5-4). In order to ensure that the new Nakum holds, the old tribe lines need to remain at least balanced (although preferably (from Rafe's standpoint) in favor of the old Yaxha). Either next tribal council or the one after is when I'd expect Rafe (and maybe Steph and Lydia) to give Jamie his very own widescreen director's-cut edition of Das Boot.

Or not.

I haven't dislike Rafe until last night. I felt for him, I know he felt badly but apparently not enough to vote Jamie out. He couldn't walk the talk. So I can only imagine being juror number 5 or 6 is just way to appealing for him to stand for what he knows is right.

Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney
    I haven't dislike Rafe until last night. I felt for him, I know he felt badly but apparently not enough to vote Jamie out. He couldn't walk the talk. So I can only imagine being juror number 5 or 6 is just way to appealing for him to stand for what he knows is right.
    While I understand your sentiment, voting out Jamie last night would have been extremely poor gameplay, and in the end, that's what Survivor is all about. I prefer folks like Rafe, who at least recognize an ethical dilemna, to those like Jonny Foreskin who relish wallowing in their own crapulence. The real question you need to ask yourself is this:

If Rafe had voted out Jamie, he would be an obvious target for the new Nakum alliance since he'd have betrayed them, so would you think ill of the new Yaxhas whose necks he saved when they turned around and helped vote him out, or would you priase their "clever gameplay"?

Ethics is a complicated business. Is someone who betrays an alliance worthy of respect or scorn, and what circumstances would change your answer to that question? The fact that Rafe seems to actually be thinking about these issues makes him a far better human being (in my book) than folks who blindly adhere to either position.

Rafe is in the unenviable position of having to choose between two morally dubious paths; kudos to him for taking that descision seriously.

The thing is I don't think the new Yaxha would've voted him off right out (they would focus on Jamie, Judd & Steph) and he would've been in no worse position because Nakum isn't going to keep him either. He has to know he will go either right before Lydia or right after, probably after. *sigh* I think it's a game I probably couldn't play very well.

+ Reply to Thread