+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Rafe

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm sure Rafe feels plenty stupid today. I'm sure he's going to hear that for months to come.
    He doesn't need to feel stupid about releasing Danni from her promise, since this did NOT change things in the least bit. Danni said on the final survivor live interview that she would NOT take Rafe to final 2 even if Rafe did not release her from her promise. She said that Rafe promised her final 3 when she promised Rafe final 2. She was hoping that Rafe would return the favor and promise her final 2 also. Since Rafe did not return the favor and the promises were not equal, she considered that promise not worth that much. She would have taken steph to the final 2 in any case to guarantee herself a win. I did not think too highly of Danni's gameplay until I heard this comment from her. If that is what she would have done, then she deserved to win.

Also, from all interviews we have heard regarding which way the jury members would vote if the final were between Danni and Rafe, Rafe would have lost to Danny. So, even if Rafe did go to the final 2, he would not have won.

As I stated before, Rafe's million dollar mistake was made when he booted Lydia instead of Danni during the final 4. We are 99% sure that Lydia had no chance of winning the final 3 immunity challenge. So if Rafe won the immunity, he would have been in the final two. If Steph won the immunity, she would have taken Rafe to the final 2 since she thought he was as guilty as she was in terms of backstabbing. In either case, Rafe would have won the survivor.

Why did Rafe decide to bring Danni instead of Lydia to the final 3? He said during the interview that it was because he believed both Danni and Steph would have taken him to the final 2 should either of them win the immunity challenge at the final 3 stage. He thought this was the only way to gurantee his final 2 spot. In my opinon, he never seriously considered what would be the best move for the final WIN, he only set his eyes on getting into the final 2. As a consequence, he picked the wrong person to go into final 3 and he deserved to lose. Too bad that Steph was screwed by RAFE's stupidity in the process, since Lydia was STeph's only hope of winning the game.

Rafe made a stupid move. But releasing Danni from her promise was not THE stupid move (since that move had zero impact on the outcome of the game -- danni would NOT have take Rafe anyway). The Truly stupid move Rafe made was to take Danni to final 3.
    Last edited by jenjen123; 12-15-2005 at 06:44 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Rafe needed to try to secure as many loose ends as possible in trying to secure the win. Not releasing Danni from her "promise" was one, and Lydia was the other. You never quite know just which one is going to help you, until it's over. I always think that you control what you can......and leave the rest to the Myan gods!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjen123 View Post
    As I stated before, Rafe's million dollar mistake was made when he booted Lydia instead of Danni during the final 4. We are 99% sure that Lydia had no chance of winning the final 3 immunity challenge. So if Rafe won the immunity, he would have been in the final two. If Steph won the immunity, she would have taken Rafe to the final 2 since she thought he was as guilty as she was in terms of backstabbing. In either case, Rafe would have won the survivor.

I just read the Suvivor Live interview with Rafe and they asked him why he booted Lydia. He said he was knew that Steph would have cut his throat too and taken Lydia over him at F3. Facing Lydia was her best chance to win instead of facing Rafe. His best chance to get to F2 was taking both Steph and Danni. He had the promise from Danni and he knew Steph didn't want to face Danni in F2 and she'd take him instead. In that light (and after seeing him blow F3 immunity touching the pole), it makes more sense. From the monumentally stupid comments Steph made to Lydia in answer to her jury question, she thought the easy win for her would have been against Lydia. Rafe was right.

+ Reply to Thread