+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rafe

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    What were you talking about? What did everyone missed, and what was interesting?
    Maveno - in the commercials for the finale they showed the final four at tribal council and it was evident that Rafe was wearing the immunity necklace (well, evident if you had a big screen and could pause. ).
    I agree with you about the chicken - I would not have eaten it either.
    I liked Rafe all along but he irritated me when he got mad at Danni for not taking him. He specifically told her that she was released from her promise and she could do what she wanted. And when she did he got all peevish. Very reminiscent of Judd who thought everyone should be fine with being voted off if it was their time and no hurt feelings, then, when he found it was him who was being voted off, suddenly everyone was a scumbag.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Maveno - in the commercials for the finale they showed the final four at tribal council and it was evident that Rafe was wearing the immunity necklace (well, evident if you had a big screen and could pause. ).
    Ahhh! Okie doke! Thanks CCL!

I agree with you about the chicken - I would not have eaten it either.
    I liked Rafe all along but he irritated me when he got mad at Danni for not taking him. He specifically told her that she was released from her promise and she could do what she wanted. And when she did he got all peevish. Very reminiscent of Judd who thought everyone should be fine with being voted off if it was their time and no hurt feelings, then, when he found it was him who was being voted off, suddenly everyone was a scumbag.
    Yea..I was annoyed about that too. Ya can't be mad when you've relinquished her of her "promise". A promise in which I would have kept reminding her that she made!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Rafe needs to learn to ask for what he wants. Neither Santa, nor the Tooth Fairy, nor crossing your fingers behind you back will work!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    So true!! That was just dumb. He shouldn't have said it to her. I liked how Danni said she would remove him from the jury cause she knows he's voting for Steph.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    OK, I don't think this has been said elsewhere yet, although there are pages I haven't checked yet--but
    does no one else think Rafe was modeling himself on Richard Hatch, but it blew up because Danni was no Rudy?
    He got himself to the final 3 with 2 women who were likely to take him to the F2. Then, like Ritch, he "failed" the competition because he wanted either Danni or Steph to take him to the end, so he wouldn't be blamed for being in the F2. Then he pushed it one step further... he releases Danni so that it is really her decision (did you catch how startled Steph looked that he had a F2 deal with Danni? Of course she didn't know he'd only promised Dani F3), so Steph will still vote for him in the F2.
    But, oops, Danni isn't as easily manipulated/honorable as Rudy, and Danni isn't as hated as the woman who took Ritch (and Rafe isn't as hated as Ritch--that's the Steph figure here) so it all blows up.
    I thought he was really setting it up the jury was mostly his forner tribemates, all of whom blame Steph for their ouster, so they'll all vote for him out of tribal loyalty even if he's not running against Steph--and then Steph votes for him as well.
    If he'd won he could have revealed at the afterparty that he planned it all... but since he didn't he's stuck with being "honorable."
    Am I completely crazy?
    PS Not that I'm sure he could have won that contest anyway... but then maybe Ritch couldn't have either.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't think he tanked the competiton but he had and hour or so to think up a plan if Danni did win it. If he really was being "honorable" why didn't he tell that to Danni in private? He ran up to them both right after the challenge and made sure Steph heard what he was saying. Like he wanted to give Steph the appearance he was ready to throw himself on his sword for her, even though he fully expected to go without the promise. He'd get Steph's vote. Probably most of the jury too, if Danni didn't take him up on his offer. He was hedging his bets by releasing her and it blew up in his face. He'd have to be supremely overconfident to risk pulling it off.

Of course we will have no way of ever knowing if that's what it really was or just an Ian like stupidity move.

I'm sure Rafe feels plenty stupid today. I'm sure he's going to hear that for months to come.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm sure Rafe feels plenty stupid today. I'm sure he's going to hear that for months to come.
    Actually he doesn't if you read any of the after survivor interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    The eating of the sacrificial chicken was a disgrace IMO. I, without a doubt, WOULD NOT have eaten it either. Rafe is was so classy. All three of those women disgusted me when they chose to eat it. So much for all the Mayan "respect" they had.
    I was disgusted by that, too. It was so disrespectful! (And it's not like it was a matter of life and death. They were just tired of eating corn.)

Then when they were burning the shelters, which they didn't need anymore, Stephanie had the nerve to say something like, "As we were burning our former home we did it in the spirit of making a sacrifice to the Mayan gods.?

I found myself yelling at the TV: "It's not a sacrifice if you're giving up something you don't need, you idiot!"

I'm thinking that Stephanie doesn't quite grasp either concept--respect or sacrifice.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Actually he doesn't if you read any of the after survivor interviews.
    He's just in denial! Eventually, the light has GOT to come on!

+ Reply to Thread