+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rafe

Rafe has to stop winning immunity, eventually the others have to wise up. I hope he wins, or at least makes it to the final two.

Snoozin' on the beach
    All season I thought Rafe had his head up Steph's butt until the Jamie boot. I knew there was something more going on but couldn't put my finger on it. After this episode I'm convinced of it. Rafe is playing Steph like a fiddle. He's acting the part of star struck minion, letting her think she is in control. She thinks Rafe is weak and she really trusts him, all the while Rafe is making her the perfect patsy and getting her to do things he wants done.

He was voting the same as his alliance up to the Jamie boot, not because she said to, but getting those people out first were in Rafe's best interest. That happened to coincide with the alliances interest. Then we have Jamies boot. He was a danger to Rafe and when Rafe approached Steph he was very passive about it but points out the Jamie is a threat to "us, our/your plan". Really, it was not in Steph's best interest to get rid of Jamie but Rafe played it so well that he got her thinking she was making the decision and that he was looking out for her. She didn't go to Judd and question it or get another opinion, she even doubted her own judgment and trusted what he was saying.

Judd's boot. First props to Danni for that and second props to Rafe and Lydia for backing her up. He was the best F2 partner for her and it was against her best interest to see him go. He was her only chance to possibly win the money and they were so tight. Rafe tells her Judd knows who masterminded Jamies boot and that he wants to get rid of the stronger players next (never mentioning anyones name). Her mind automatically jumps to "that means me". Never once does she question it and talk to Judd. She doesn't see Rafe as any kind of threat and thinks he is warning her about a threat to herself when it's just the opposite. Not only does he manage to convince her to get rid of someone who could only help her but makes her think it was all her idea and knows she will take all the blame from the bootee.

He's not being overly aggressive with her in getting Judd and Jamie out, he's playing to her ego, playing the part of butt kisser that needs her to make decisions, he's just the "minion warning her about people going after her" when he's really prodding her to do what he wants and she doesn't even realize it. That's why she doesn't see him as a threat despite winning 3 Ind. Imunities. He can keep her around as long as she is useful to him (F2) or discard her when he wants. With Judd gone he has isolated her and removed her allies. He really comes off looking good even though he is doing the backstabbing behind the scenes, she is getting all the blame

That's what I think is going on with the Rafe/Steph thing. She thinks she is using him but it's him that is really using her.
    Last edited by Shady64; 12-02-2005 at 04:53 PM.

CCL
    I don't know that Rafe is using Stephenie; he doesn't seem capable of that level of duplicity. I think he honestly likes Stephenie or else he wouldn't have asked her about voting off Judd - he could have gone to Cindy instead. I do think he is smarter than he sometimes appears. He is not weak - he does really think about what would be best for him and is willing to go against his alliance.
    I like Rafe quite a bit. I hope he wins.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'm sure he does like her, doesn't mean he's not willing to use her. He's getting his way and she's the shield taking the blame. I'm sure she thinks he's not capable of that level of duplicity either, so she trusts him by underestimating him. It's easier to manipulate people when they don't think your capable of it. He's out to win the money too.That's what I think anyway. I also think he's taking into account that she turned on her alliance mates in Palua so he knows she'll do it again. Plus she is more desperate to win given a second chance in the game

Cindy had a tight bond with Judd and she showed no willingness to turn on him. They did to Cindy for Judd's boot, what they did to Judd for Jamies boot. He couldn't go to her for fear she would warn Judd
    Last edited by Shady64; 12-02-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I have to admit that I've been very surprised at how smart and how athletic Rafe is. No insults intended; especially the athletic part.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    I just like it that out of all the male athletic powerhouses (Brandon, Bobby Jon, Blake, Gary) it is the skinny gay guy who's left...and he's proven himself to be quite the athletic threat as well as a mental/intellectual one.

Nice to see some archaic stereotypes shattered, methinks.

Loving the Rafenator!

LC

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer View Post
    I just like it that out of all the male athletic powerhouses (Brandon, Bobby Jon, Blake, Gary) it is the skinny gay guy who's left...and he's proven himself to be quite the athletic threat as well as a mental/intellectual one.

Nice to see some archaic stereotypes shattered, methinks.

Loving the Rafenator!

LC
    The skinny, sweet gay guy, who respects each one of the women.

I agree wholeheartedly. However, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about Rafe's game strategy. I posted yesterday that I thought Rafe would beat any remaining players. But is that true? Someone pointed out that Jamie said Rafe is StephanME's lapdog. Would the macho guys on the jury rather lose to a girl or a gay guy? Which one would they rather blame for their ousters?

I now think Rafe & Danni need to vote Steph out ASAP. Although we, the viewers, don't like Steph, we can't be sure that her fellow contestants felt the same way in the game.

Namaste.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think that after Judd, she is the next most logical choice to go! I think Rafe is smart enough to see that, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    I agree, Suxie.

I hadn't wanted to be the person to post those thoughts...but since you were braver than that...I'll second your POV!

Collective straight male reasoning: "Uh, yeah, the 'little gay mormon' didn't really outsmart and outplay us REAL MEN...he was just a lackey to that wenchy girl who was bitchy and aggressive...yeah, that's right *scratches nether-regions*. We'll show him that his sweet demeanour and skilled deception had no effect on us, or on our systematic ouster from the game. We were just all too distracted by Danni's luscious abs and oddly-prominent rack. Yeah, and Cindy's too! It's not our fault that a six man advantage over four women ended up with five straight men being voted off in a row, right? That gay guy musta sold us out, somehow. What happened to solidarity? What happened to brotherhood? All of a sudden his incandescent smile, his silken, coppery curls and his smooth, smooth ivory skin is cuddling up to the girls rather than to us boys and...wait, what did I just say??? Nevermind! Danni's rack! Danni's rack!!!"

LC

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer View Post
    I agree, Suxie.

Collective straight male reasoning: "Uh, yeah, the 'little gay mormon' didn't really outsmart and outplay us REAL MEN...he was just a lackey to that wenchy girl who was bitchy and aggressive...yeah, that's right *scratches nether-regions*. LC

That's hilarious! I don't think that all the first 4 straight guy jury members will think like that though. Gary is more mature. And to give the Juddinator his due, he never seemed at all perturbed to be in an alliance with an openly gay guy. In fact, they seemed like good buds.

Also, I never saw any signs of homophobia with BJ and Jamie. Typical, in that once you get to know a gay person and like him, you can no longer be bigoted.

Namaste.

+ Reply to Thread