+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rafe

FORT Regular
    Did anyone notice that on the CBS website in the Videos section, we hear Jamie say "Steph has Rafe, and Rafe has CINDY, so Judd, Lydia and I (Jamie) have to be careful"....have we seen anything to suggest that Rafe and Cindy are unusually close? Perhaps that's something we'll see in the future....but it surprised me a bit.

Cindy and Rafe....the new Tina and Colby? We shall see...

I have seen nothing to tell me Cindy and Rafe have a secret alliance.

But I will say I watched Jamie's video yesterday and he is delusional. He has NO clue on how the game should be played.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I can't put Rafe and Cindy together either, but I can definately see it. I knew Colby and Tina had bonded as tribemates, but I remember being unaware they had made a final two deal so early in the game. Learning of that alliance took me by surprise. Maybe the show is giving Rafe and Cindy the same edit. Perhaps they made a deal shortly after the shuffle. Could that be why Margaret took Judd's change in plans much much harder than Cindy did? (I barely remember Brooke) Margaret knew she was screwed, but Cindy may have had a life jacket...Rafe.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    Maybe the show is giving Rafe and Cindy the same edit.
    If the Cindy/Rafe alliance was to come to fruition, we would have seen some interaction between the two. As it is, it's a safe bet that there will be nothing to happen between Rafe and Cindy in the future (possibly not even a jury vote interaction).

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    If the Cindy/Rafe alliance was to come to fruition, we would have seen some interaction between the two. As it is, it's a safe bet that there will be nothing to happen between Rafe and Cindy in the future (possibly not even a jury vote interaction).
    We never saw how strong the bond was between Tina & Colby until Colby took her to the finals instead of Keith. We knew they were playing the game together but not a final two game.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    We never saw how strong the bond was between Tina & Colby until Colby took her to the finals instead of Keith. We knew they were playing the game together but not a final two game.
    First of all, the editing in Australia doesn't really stand the test of time. Tina was completely invisible early on (having absolutely no face time in the first episode), but currently we don't have winners that are so invisible. You can't really use arguments from the first couple seasons when it comes to editing; things have since been changed, patterns have since been established, and the entire current method of editing has since been created.

Secondly, there have been no interactions between Rafe and Cindy whatsoever. None of this "knowing they were playing the game together" stuff. We have not been shown them talking, agreeing, arguing, or even exchanging glances. At least with Tina and Colby (and every two-person relationship since then) the partners were shown interacting to some degree. We could see them sitting together by the fire or talking to each other about life back home. We don't see that with Rafe and Cindy because we are not meant to make any connection between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker

Actually razor that is not correct. They only reason I know this is I just finished taping that season on OLN.

At one point in the game Colby was giving a confessional about Jerri and her rantings and he said..."the only person who I have a true alliance with in this game is Tina". But you are right in the fact he never announced it to anyone on the show....only in secret.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

FORT Regular
    Still enamoured with Rafe...and loved his ability to accessorize with that flower! Huzzah!!! And, yes, he brought a tear to my eye when he talked about wanting to prove that the somewhat-nelly gay kid can hang with the big boys...

Living vicariously through Rafe....tee hee!

LC

Snoozin' on the beach
    Who'd have thought he'd be the biggest threat once the merge hit when he couldn't even pull himself up the ladder in the first challenge? His 2nd immunity was the wake up call for the others. The 3rd immunity was a 500 lb. anvil on the head to tell them he is the biggest threat. Winning 1 immunity could be chalked up to dumb luck but winning 3 is no fluke

On paper, Rafe should not be on this immunity run but you can't judge a book by its cover and that's what they all continue to do, underestimating him. Big egos can't accept the fact that someone who shouldn't be beating them, is actually kicking their asses. The fact that they still don't consider him a threat after 3 out of 4 immunity wins says it all. They all should have re-evaluated him as the biggest threat when he won the second immunity. Sounds like the plot of "Revenge of the Nerds"

I was very "meh" about Rafe for half the season but I'm glad to see he is playing the game the hardest and the others are so blinded as to what is going on. He's running away with it every week and they have no idea. He's gonna get himself to F2 without much of a problem

Rafe the Immunity God. The gay guys answer to Colby & Kelli Wigglesworth. The dominater, who could ever have imagined this. Good for him. I see him as final 4 easily & probably final 2.

+ Reply to Thread