+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Margaret

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    This is one great lady. She has medical skills and she's strong - her tribe would be idiots to get rid of her any time soon.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    She seems WAY too nice to be able to pull a win out of this game.

Very caring and compassionate. If I were out there, I'd definitely want her as a tribemate, but sadly I don't think she'll be able to win this thing.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I underestimated Margaret. Unless she gets an entitled attitude, I could see her lasting to the jury. She's a lot stronger than I originally thought, and I don't see her ruffling feathers with anyone on her tribe (seeing as how Bobby Jon was last season, I think she may have found an ally in him for taking care of him). However, I don't see her in the final 4. But we shall see. I've been wrong at these things more times than I can count.

It was nice to see a "woman of a certain age" show competence, intelligence, and skill. The more mature women on the show are often played to comic effect or alienated.

Unfortunately she is likely a mid-game boot. No one will want to be final two with the woman who nursed half the tribe back to health. I am rooting for her to prove me wrong though!

This lady is NECESSARY to her team. She is a nurse, in fact a nurse practitioner (even higher than a mere nurse) and will be called upon for her expertise in the weeks ahead. Plus, she is a strong woman - both physically and mentally. I see her as a good option to win this - kind of female Tom.

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar
    First of all, I love this lady. If her former & current tribemates(thanks to the switch)were without her, they would be having seizures.
    I think they need to really cut this lady some slack big time. Because she is a hard-worker. And brings so much peace and calm to her tribe.
    I would hate to see her go. Because up there with Stephenie, I want her to go farther.
    She is also a force to be reckoned with. I feel bad she is doing all the hard work while the others(mostly the men)are doing nothing but squat.
    I am a Margaret fan(aka Nurse Maggie is my nickname to her!).
    Go Nurse Maggie!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

FORT Fogey
    Foolish woman. She secured her place as next to go this week. Getting angry with Judd for switching sides was a stupid move. So she and Claire now find themselves the minority, one of them will go next. Why not court Judds favor so Claire becomes the next target? She could have bought herself another week.

In a tie situation the best thing to do would have been to do just as Judd did, leap to the other side and buy at least 3 more weeks and hopefully make the merge. Or see if you could sway one of them to join your side. She did neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Foolish woman. She secured her place as next to go this week. Getting angry with Judd for switching sides was a stupid move. So she and Claire now find themselves the minority, one of them will go next. Why not court Judds favor so Claire becomes the next target? She could have bought herself another week.
    In a tie situation the best thing to do would have been to do just as Judd did, leap to the other side and buy at least 3 more weeks and hopefully make the merge. Or see if you could sway one of them to join your side. She did neither.
    First of all, I had no idea there was anyone named Claire on this season. Perhaps you're thinking LOST? I admit, there are some similarities.
    Secondly, Margaret didn't really have any options at the Judd-flipping tribal council. All she could do was convince Judd that he was better off with them (which, in reality, may very well be true). She made it obvious to him that he would be gone as soon as a merge came or Cindy and herself were picked off, but his lack of any connection with the girls blinded him from logic. If she had worked on switching someone over from the old Yaxhas, she would have been gone at that TC instead of Brooke. She could have talked to Lydia, maybe, but I think Lydia's bond with Jamie, Rafe, and Stephenie would prevent her from turning (plus, she would undoubtably end up telling her fellow tribemates about it). Now that Margaret is in the minority on her tribe, she had two options: fade into the background, which Cindy is far better at, or play it OTT and do everything she can to shake things up. At the moment, she can work on turning the tribe against Judd by claiming that he'll stab Stephenie and Jamie in the back just as easily as he did to Brooke. She can convince the tribe that Cindy doesn't contribute as much as her to challenges or everyday work. She can play the role of the perfect Final 2 partner that nobody would vote to give a million. She can show Lydia and Rafe that Stephenie, Jamie, and Judd are big threats come merge, and she won't have to worry about it turning on her, since she's next in line anyway. Securing herself 3 more days by being UTR is not a fun way to play, nor is it as respectable as attempting every possible method of making it to the end. Yes, she's a goner next week. But she already exceeded my expectations, and I look forward to her going out with a bang.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Margaret, like so many before her, will fall through the cracks and disappear. The shuffle messed her up, and that's unfortunate, but that's also the way it goes. I see her accepting it and leaving with class though, class...and nothing more.

A "mere" nurse? Is there such a thing? Ah....no! Unless they have a medical facility close by where Margaret needs to assist in surgery...I think a "mere" nurse would do just fine in the jungle. A "mere" nurse can perform a tracheotomy...a life saving procedure by the way. "Mere" nurses are highly skilled people!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I'm disappointed she's gone. She was the only one with balls enough to tell Judd off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast