+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lydia

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    I pray they take out Lydia soon. I would just be so disappointed if she were to make even to the final 4.
    I'm disappointed she's made it this far. She'll probably make it to the final 4, if she stick with Rafe, Steph, and Cindy (or maybe I should just say Steph) but I hope she gets axed right after. I still don't think Jamie going is going to have any huge effect on how the rest of the game plays out.

If this woman were to win i think she would be the most disappointing winner ever. She has nothing to ditinguish herself or to set herself up as a winner. I bet her fingers are absolutely worn out from grasping hard onto the coattails of Rafe & Steph. Lydia if you are still on this show, please speak so we can get to know you. The pancake was weeks ago & you have done nothing since.
    Even if she had more confessionals than any other contestant this season I'd still say she would be a disappointing winner.

Quote Originally Posted by dustparticle05
    And those of you who are hoping she "speaks up," it's not her fault the editors have made her the most invisible contestant the show has ever had. They're choosing to edit her this way, she didn't tell them that she wanted barely any confessionals of her to be in the episodes. Some of the insider videos on the CBS website have more of her in them. There was a nice clip from after the TC when Brandon was voted out and she was trying to calm Jamie down by explaining how many times she had votes cast against her in the beginning of the game and she just had to forget about them and keep plugging away to get to where she has. There was also a good clip of her and Rafe talking (part of this weeks' videos) after the reward challenge where she was apologizing over and over again for not being able to move fast, and Rafe was very understanding and supportive. She also touched on how strong Jamie and Rafe were. I think if the editors would let us see this encouragement she gives, as well as more of her personality, she'd be more liked.
    I'm glad you spoke up!

I agree- I think it's unfair to blame Lydia for the fact that she's not being shown! You'd think she was a mime the way the editors are (not) featuring her in the episodes.

It seems she's just not a major part of any of the story arcs the editors want us to see this season- apparently these focus more on Jamie, Judd, Stephenie, and Gary. But for others to say she "hasn't done anything" since the Pancake dance is mistaking our 45 minutes of show for 72 hours of life.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I'm glad you spoke up!

I agree- I think it's unfair to blame Lydia for the fact that she's not being shown! You'd think she was a mime the way the editors are (not) featuring her in the episodes.

It seems she's just not a major part of any of the story arcs the editors want us to see this season- apparently these focus more on Jamie, Judd, Stephenie, and Gary. But for others to say she "hasn't done anything" since the Pancake dance is mistaking our 45 minutes of show for 72 hours of life.
    I know the last paragraph was directed at me & I understand what you are saying, but I have to think that if she had done anything that was worthy of being shown we would have seen it. Maybe, she isn't shown because she really has no game plan & no thoughts of how to save herself other than tagging along with others. Afterall, it took Brian intervening on the first show to save her & she has relied on others ever since.

I agree razorbacker even though she has made some positive statements she has never stepped up and tried to get her tribe to do anything. She is terrible in challenges.....that is why she sat out 99.9% of them while there was two tribes.

I just don't think she deserves to win.........when there are 6 more on the island that played much harder than she ever did. Heck any of the 6 deserve to win and I would be o.k. with it even Judd over Lydia.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    She was way too short for that RC in the mud.

But...notice how when Rafe said that Jamie was getting on his nerve's, she calmly and softly said (something like), "so, what should we do about it?". She didn't say "I know, he's wacko, crackers, paranoia city", instead she quietly asked what should be done about Jamie. Then sat there wide eyed and listened to Rafe start talking. You know Jamie will ask her, on the finale, about her "betrayal". She can give him a wide eyed "it wasn't my idea".

Also, wasn't she the one who asked Rafe "have you talked to Steph?"...next thing we know, Rafe is talking to Steph, while Lydia sat and listened.

"Hey Jamie, it wasn't my idea, it was a hard decision, I told both Rafe and Steph that" (wide eyed delivery ofcourse)

I think Lydia just might know exactly what she's doing. If she's wins because of it, I certainly would approve, though she's not my pick. I hope Danni smokes them all.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    You know Jamie will ask her, on the finale, about her "betrayal". She can give him a wide eyed "it wasn't my idea".
    I think that's same reason why Steph threw it back on them and asked what they wanted to do. So she could say it wasn't her idea and they were going to vote you out whether she agreed or not. Of course I can't see Jamie believing that Lydia initiated it or Rafe for that matter, even though he is pissed at both of them. Steph is viewed as the leader, whether she is or not. "it wouldn't have happened without her approval" kind of thing. Which is good for Rafe or Lydia if they went against her F2, that coupled with the second time around arguement.

Those are good points Shady, all three could wiggle away from Jamie's wrath. And Steph is the most obvious mastermind of the three. Whether that's actually true...?

Well to have to answer Jamie's questions you have to be sitting in the final 2.....and I just don't see Lydia being there. So she probably will have lots of time to tell Jamie what she did when they are living in the sequester house.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Well to have to answer Jamie's questions you have to be sitting in the final 2.....
    That's a good point too!

Leo
    Premium Member
    So the cloak of invisibility is lifted from Lydia... and what we hear is her whining. (Yes, Steph's treatment of her was awful too, but Lydia was whining just a bit in her complaints too.)

If she was playing under the radar... she's not anymore. I would not be shocked if she went out next.

+ Reply to Thread