+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lydia

She needs a hip replacement. I would imagine that would hurt like heck....

Isn't the rule that they can't sit out two challenges in a row? She did the reward challenge...
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    Isn't the rule that they can't sit out two challenges in a row?
    This is indeed the case. She's not the first person to be sat out of challenges time and time again, and she won't be the last. She's certainly tough, but she simply doesn't have the strength that the others have in certain challenges. She may even be underestimated simply because she told the others she needed a hip replacement; they certainly haven't allowed her the oppurtunity to show whether or not she can compete without it. It should be interesting to see if she can hold her own a bit in the individual challenges, or completely falter like many have in the past.

Hmmm, well I probably have missed a show (maybe 2?), so I missed the part about her needing a hip replacement. It just struck me as odd that she is repeatedly considered the "weak one", when I don't actually remember her faltering at anything.

(But maybe I just don't remember when she faltered.)

I am secretly hoping she wins, because I love the idea of the mare running the herd. I'm thinking of horses, where--in the wild--a stallion "possesses" a herd, but the mare is in charge of what happens within the herd.

Remember the season in which Colby won most of the immunity challenges? And the older female (sorry, I forgot her name) ended up winning? That felt natural. It felt like everything was in place, the dominant female was in charge of the herd. (Note: "dominant" doesn't mean "the bitchiest" or "the most diva".)

So I guess I root for Lydia, because I always think the most mature female should survive.)

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Hmmm, well I probably have missed a show (maybe 2?), so I missed the part about her needing a hip replacement.
    Actually, it was never mentioned in the show. It was only brought up by Morgan and Brianna in post-show interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    (But maybe I just don't remember when she faltered.)
    Well, she really hasn't faltered yet. She was rather weak in the Mayan ball game challenge, but, for the most part, she hasn't been allowed to show whether or not she can compete in the really physical challenges.

Remember the season when Scout sat out almost every single challenge because of her knee? It is the Scout syndrome all over again. Before the merge the whole tribe must have taken a vote on who would sit out when in the challenges and I am assuming it was always a majority vote. So they must know something we don't know about her ability.

But I think the rule is you cannot sit out challenges "back to back". So every other challenge you can sit out the SAME person. I wish they would change that rule.

But it may work in her favor now that the merge is here. She certainly is NOT a threat to anyone vying for immunity.

If this woman were to win i think she would be the most disappointing winner ever. She has nothing to ditinguish herself or to set herself up as a winner. I bet her fingers are absolutely worn out from grasping hard onto the coattails of Rafe & Steph. Lydia if you are still on this show, please speak so we can get to know you. The pancake was weeks ago & you have done nothing since.

I pray they take out Lydia soon. I would just be so disappointed if she were to make even to the final 4.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Okay, I take back what I said about not seeing whether or not Lydia could physically compete. I now see it loud and clear. That mud challenge made her look pathetic. That was painful to watch.

I just hope her ineffectiveness was due to weak muscles rather than hip aggravation.

But I'm still not understanding why people hate her so bad that they crave her elimination. To me she's just a non-event. I could take her or leave her, and I rarely think about her. But I see that the remaining contestants definitely see her as a tool, useful for several more weeks.

Actually I think the mud challenge was the first one that was NOT her fault.
    Everyone else had long legs and could walk in the mud. Poor Lydia was sinking up to her butt and I don't even know if her feet were touching the ground. I felt so sorry for her and Cindy.

I felt sorry for anyone who got her as a partner.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Actually I think the mud challenge was the first one that was NOT her fault.
    Everyone else had long legs and could walk in the mud. Poor Lydia was sinking up to her butt and I don't even know if her feet were touching the ground. I felt so sorry for her and Cindy.

I felt sorry for anyone who got her as a partner.
    Yes, I really believe that she was doing all she possibly could in that challenge. The mud was too deep and she was too short.

And those of you who are hoping she "speaks up," it's not her fault the editors have made her the most invisible contestant the show has ever had. They're choosing to edit her this way, she didn't tell them that she wanted barely any confessionals of her to be in the episodes. Some of the insider videos on the CBS website have more of her in them. There was a nice clip from after the TC when Brandon was voted out and she was trying to calm Jamie down by explaining how many times she had votes cast against her in the beginning of the game and she just had to forget about them and keep plugging away to get to where she has. There was also a good clip of her and Rafe talking (part of this weeks' videos) after the reward challenge where she was apologizing over and over again for not being able to move fast, and Rafe was very understanding and supportive. She also touched on how strong Jamie and Rafe were. I think if the editors would let us see this encouragement she gives, as well as more of her personality, she'd be more liked.

+ Reply to Thread