+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Judd

I think he did what he needed to do to advance. He came right out and said that he never felt comfortable with his own tribe, but felt an instant connection to Steph, Jamie, etc. And I liked the way he didn't try to bs Margaret, but told her that he would think about what she had said to him. Well, he DID think about it and went with the people who made him feel more comfortable. Nothing wrong with that. I think he'll make it to the final 6 or 7 [maybe further, who knows?]

At any rate, I'll bet he never lives it down over the howler monkey. His friends will probably rag him about that FOREVER!!

FORT Newbie
    I was really impressed with the way Judd handled Jamie after the humiliation that was the rope challenge. If Jamie is anything like most men (and I mean manly men), that's not something that will soon be forgotten. Jamie has never been a big fan of Steph and my feeling is that in the Nakum alliance, Judd now sits higher on the totem pole.

Every time I see this guy and hear him ranting about and going all "king of the jungle", I cannot help but view him as a local school bully. I want him gone.

I like Judd, if only because I think he's honest. That said, I think he's got a target on his back because of his candor. I don't think he'll make it much further, but I could be wrong, since this is the first season on Survivor I've watched.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Standing them side by side, I think Jamie seems much more likely to be a bully. Jamie has a short fuse. Judd hasn't bullied anyone (except maybe a monkey or two). As for his attitude, he's a New York City dooman! A prerequisite for the job is to have one heck of a gigantic "tude", cuz get outta here...you're gonna need one!! It's his gruff, no BS tude that feeds his family, and I like that Judd has them foremost in his mind. That makes him more of a Teddy Bear in my view. A big gruff lug, who would probably buy a swing set for his kids first with his Survivor money, and then he'd put it together. He's multi-layered, interesting and entertaining to watch.

"HERE COME DA JUDD! HERE COME DA JUDD!" Gotta throw alittle love his way, to balance things out. It ain't nothin' but MHO.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    Every time I see this guy and hear him ranting about and going all "king of the jungle", I cannot help but view him as a local school bully. I want him gone.

Actually I see this and the "I want to be the hero" as more of a sign he was the one being picked on in school.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    He's multi-layered, interesting and entertaining to watch.

Like an onion? Or how about a parfait? Everybody loves parfait!!

I wasn't too keen on Judd in the beginning, but he's won me over. I like how he treated Jamie after the challenge and I liked how he called Margaret and Cindy on their whining afterwards. If they think they can do better, then by all means, do it. It's easy to sit back and criticize, but it's completely different to be in Jamie's place, where nothing he was doing seemed to work.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie
    He irritates me, but I don't want to see him go because then we will miss out on his, ahem, words of wisdom. He definitely adds entertainment to the show!!

IMO, those confrontations with Margaret and Cindy were just Judd trying to make full use of the power that he has now and play them down...By no means were Margaret and Cindy whining, so that certainly wasn't very necessary. He won me over when he pretty much won the Tug of War challenge for Nakum but ever since he jumped ship, he has been nothing but a jerk to everyone outside his alliance.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

+ Reply to Thread