+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary

IMO - Gary messed up BIG TIME by lying about being a professional football player. I think that he could have used it to his advantage and stayed in the game...especially since he is getting along so well in the tribe and his tribe doesn't have near the physical stature of the other. But now, if both him and Danni make it to the merge, he is going to have to work really hard to keep his booty in the game because both tribes are going to have a hard time trusting him.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Geez.. could he of been anymore OBVIOUS about lying?! When they all outright asked him, the guilt was spray painted on his forehead in neon.

I really think he screwed himself by continuing with the lie. Now everyone knows that he's willing to take his lies the "extra mile".. not good.
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-23-2005 at 06:23 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

If it wasn't for that one moron who couldn't get up the rope, Gary's team would have smoked them in the reward challenge. I think physically the teams are about equal overall.

I think his lying is going to bite him in the butt tho. But hopefully they will get rid of weak links and manage to win some challenges. Otherwise Steph may cry and that would be bad!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

JR.
    I don't really think he was "outed". All he has to do is say "yeah, I get that all the time, I guess I just look like the guy". It's his word against hers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I agree, if you're going to lie about your background, at least do a good job of it. Morgan says she gave him the benefit of the doubt but I don't think anyone bought it. I had heard that Danni claimed she knew who he was but was told she was mistaken, yet I think if she sticks to her guns on that people will believe her. Especially if she's got something special to back up her claim, other than he looks like the guy. I'm on the fence with Gary. Not a huge favorite at this point. I think he could go either way, although I'd say his chances of at least making the merge are good. Physically he's good to go with his tribe. I don't think he likes to sit back and take orders from anyone but would rather be the one giving them out. He also seems like Jamie, that he thinks he's stronger out there than anyone and doesn't want to be shown up. He seems smart enough to back off from the leadership role though, and right now seems to be laying low, especially after the QB comment came out. I didn't think he'd be so quick to change his mind and vote for Lydia.

Well, we know Hogeboom wanted to keep his previous profession secret, as he didn't want to be targeted for already being financially successful. Maybe he was afraid that the other contestants might see his "Favorites" list? Perhaps he thought there was a chance they might be used in a challenge? If this is the case, I'm liking this guy more and more...
    I don't see how listing football as your favorite sport or any sports teams would be revealing as to who he really was Unless he was stupid enough to list the teams he played for and then somebody put the pieces together.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I don't really think he was "outed". All he has to do is say "yeah, I get that all the time, I guess I just look like the guy". It's his word against hers.
    Yea..I agree with that.. but, hell, I wouldn't want my lie to be the "he said, she said" campfire talk every night. Know what I mean?

I say just admit it, get it out there.. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY make up another lie to as to why you initially kept that from them. Like...oh, I dunno.. I didn't want to bring that up because it was a very, VERY bad time in my life.. I lost ___(child/family member/someone extremely important)___, and I just didn't want to go back into that part of my life. As a matter of fact, that's why I quit football...

Not only will everyone excuse his lie, they'll be rallying around him in sympathy, etc.. just might help him ride into the final 3.

Eeewww..! I feel so Fairplay-ish saying that. Sorry 'bout that everyone...I'm so embarrassed. Ok, maybe just say he was a heroin junky during his football days and it's SO difficult to be proud of himself and his football career. It was actually the addiction of the dope that drove his football career, he had to pay for it somehow.

There. That's better. And they'd all still be totally sympathetic. Oh, and say that the reason nobody knew about it (fans) is because the NFL thought it would be a severe "black spot" on the NFL, so they agreed to keep it under wraps ONLY if he went quietly into rehab.

OH man..!!! somebody get me a chopper... I can save Gary!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-23-2005 at 08:53 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

That might have worked, but I'm afraid Gary is the most obvious liar I've seen on one of these shows. You can tell he's probably an honest person who is very uncomfortable lying. Did you see how he was lying there all comfortable, but when this question came up he suddenly had to jump up and do something? Even if sportscaster-girl gets booted next, the other side will still be all over Gary with the questions as soon as the tribes merge, so he had best plead temporary insanity and fess up soon, or else spend his spare time way the hell out in the woods somewhere, practicing his lie-telling.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I think Steph was on to him to. Did you see the look on her face when the sportscaster girl called him out. She might not confront him, but I'm sure she is making mental notes

According to Jeff Probst (on Regis last week) Danni confronted Gary on Day 1, and that was the answer he gave her. So either she didn't buy it, or she did buy it but is having some fun - yanking his chain and trying to cause a bit of trouble in his tribe. Hopefully it will blow over.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

IMO he should have come clean with his tribe. Once they find out he lied, I think it'll be all over for him.

+ Reply to Thread