+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Results 201 to 205 of 205

Thread: Gary

  1. #201
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    What did Danni do to tick off Gary? Usually the last two of a tribe are tight but he wasn't showing the love at the last tribal council. Did I miss something?
    Gary finally realized that he had been played by Danni big time. While he thought he was being their leader trying to work an alliance for the two of them to not get voted out, Danni was already working a secret alliance with Rafe which no one seemed to pick up on. Jenna mentioned during Gary's Survivor Live interview that Danni was not working an alliance in his favor and helped vote him out while he had been all about him and Danni. Gary just blew it off by saying that he told her to vote against him to go along with the group. But those tears in his eyes at the jury council said it all about how he really felt when he realized he was not apart of Danni's strategy for the final 2 after the merge.

  2. #202
    FORT Fanatic Stump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady View Post
    Gary finally realized that he had been played by Danni big time. While he thought he was being their leader trying to work an alliance for the two of them to not get voted out, Danni was already working a secret alliance with Rafe which no one seemed to pick up on. Jenna mentioned during Gary's Survivor Live interview that Danni was not working an alliance in his favor and helped vote him out while he had been all about him and Danni. Gary just blew it off by saying that he told her to vote against him to go along with the group. But those tears in his eyes at the jury council said it all about how he really felt when he realized he was not apart of Danni's strategy for the final 2 after the merge.
    Really? I had always liked Gary but if he was mad at her because of that how petty. He had been lying to her from day one about who he really was. She couldn't fully trust him and she would have kept him if she could.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Really? I had always liked Gary but if he was mad at her because of that how petty. He had been lying to her from day one about who he really was. She couldn't fully trust him and she would have kept him if she could.
    I really did not start watching this series until a week before the merge so I didn't know what Gary had told Danni about his football career. But she admitted at the reunion that she knew all along who he was even before Survivor. Gary indicated during his Survivor Live interview that Danni knew who he was because she knew sports especially football which surprised me because of the age difference which he also mentioned at the reunion he thought would cause people not to recognize him. The Dallas Cowboys were my favorite team back then while I was living in Texas and I even went to some of their games but Roger Staubach was the only quarterback I remembered. I wonder how Gary's wife and daughter felt seeing him get so emotional when he confronted Danni. His vote probably still went her way and he didn't have anything bad to say about her after the series. Was it ever shown who the juror members besides Judd and Rafe voted for? I assumed Stephenie only received one vote, which is why Jeff was unable to make it look like a big suspense, or close vote for who the winner would be.

    Danni really was laying in on thick when she said she first thought Gary was Brett Favre but later saw his pictures in a tribute like a shrine at his former
    University during a pre-Survivor football game.

    I still like Gary and think he would be wonderful as a sports commentator. I would rather see him as a broadcaster than doing another reality TV series.

  4. #204
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060
    I loved Gary's comments in the reunion show when asked what any of his former NFL-coworkers thought of him going on the show. They thought he was crazy to do it, and he responded that he loved the show and really wanted to try to win. Dang, that is why people should come on the show, because they like the show and want to win. Not because they're waiting to be "discovered" in showbiz and haven't ever even watched the show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  5. #205
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    I loved Gary's comments in the reunion show when asked what any of his former NFL-coworkers thought of him going on the show.
    Yes, that was amusing. Gary has said that he was a true Survivor fanatic and Thursday nights were Survivor night for him and his family and friends knew not to call then. He has sounded interested in doing another Survivor series if asked but I would rather see his talents put to use on ESPN or Sunday or Monday Night Football. He has a great on screen articulate personality. I think seeing him starved again would be a waste.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.